Will You Be My Date?

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the evening, I was helping Hae Rin with dinner. I was whistling a tune while washing the vegetables when I remember about her trip. I turn around and saw Hae Rin boiling the water on the stove.

"Unnie?" I called.

"Ne?" she responded.

"What kind of trip will you be going?" I asked.

"Oh! It's a company trip to Germany. Joon Hun is going there for a business trip with his boss and he invited me and Minji along for a vacation," she replied. "Joon Hun told me when I met up with him today. We'll be going there for 7 days."

"Wow! That's nice of his boss to invite you and Minji," I said excitedly.

"Unfortunately, the boss didn't exactly mention that you were invited," she said in a pitiful tone.

Hearing that, I sighed. "Well, that's okay. I'm busy with work anyways. You and your family can go and have a fun time there."

"Gomawo. Sorry that you weren't invited to go. We would have love to take you," she apologizes while patting my shoulder.

"There's no need to apologize," I laughed. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself here." Hae Rin smile at me and continue cooking the soup in the pot. To be honest, I kinda envy my sister going overseas. But at least Minji will be lucky to be travelling at such a young age. "When will you be leaving?" I asked while we were eating our dinner. "The first day of the month," Joon Hun replied. I look at the calendar on the wall. It's only three days away until the next month begins. "Only four days more, unnie. You better get everything ready," I told her.

"Don't worry. We're all packed and ready," said Hae Rin.

"The only thing left to do is to get Minji a passport, since she doesn't have one yet," said Joon Hun.

"We're going to the passport shop tomorrow," Hae Rin told him.

I quietly ate my meal as Hae Rin and Joon Hun chat about the trip excitedly. How I love to go to Germany too. If I make enough money, I can go there.

 

~*~

The new month has arrived and Hae Rin and her family are going to Germany for a business trip and vacation. I saw a taxi parked at the gates. I hollered for Hae Rin from inside. The couples rushed down stairs, carrying their heavy luggages. Since they were too busy to carry Minji, I rushed upstairs to carry Minji down to the living room by myself. I followed them outside.

"Annyong! Have a safe trip," I told them. "And have fun at Germany."

"Gomawo. We'll see you next week," said Hae Rin as she hugged me. Joon Hun took Minji from my arms. "Take care of yourself, Hae Ra," said Joon Hun. "Give auntie a kiss, Minji." And Minji kiss my cheek and waved good bye to me. How I love that kid. I'm gonna miss her. I saw the family going inside the taxi. "I'll try to call you from Germany," she called. And with that, the taxi drove away. I sighed and got myself into the car, ready to drive to work.

In the office, I was gloomily doing my work as usual. I look at the clock and it was 12 noon. It's now lunch time. I bet Hae Rin is now on the plane, flying to Germany. I pray that they will arrive there safely. "Come on, Hae Ra! Time for lunch!" I heard Heesok calling me. I nodded and I got up from my chair to follow her and Eun Sook down stairs for lunch.

After lunch, I went back up to the office to continue my work. Then, my cell phone sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter