We Have A New Neighbor?

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back home, I couldn't stop thinking about Kyuhyun's grumpy face when we were arguing at the rooftop yesterday. Even when he was trying to tell us to leave the classroom, his expression was serious. I guess when it comes to teaching, he must be pretty serious. I mean I can understand that, but that doesn't mean he has to be upset. Maybe I better visit the school when he is not around. For now, I should stop thinking about him too much. Today is my job interview at the publisher. I'm feeling pretty nervous now. Just stay calm, Hae Ra. Try not to puke.

"Hae Ra! There you are!" I heard Seohyun calling me. Standing beside her was a lady with a bun hair. She look like in her thirties because she looks young. "I want you to meet my friend, Yeiji. She's the CEO of this magazine company," Seohyun introduced the lady to me. I bowed 90 degress and greeted her in a formal manner. "So, you are Ms Lee Hae Ra, right? Joo Hyun has told me all about you," the lady said. "My name is Kim Yeiji. But you will address me as Ms Kim while working." Then, she lead me to her office and offer me a seat and I sat down. "Shall we start the interview?" I just nodded nervously. I took a big gulp and a deep breath as she look through her papers.

"Any experience on writing or editing for a magazine before?" asked Ms Kim.

"Ne. Once for a school magazine. I was the editor," I replied nervously. I could feel my sweat dripping down from my forehead.

Ms Kim was writing down something on the paper and then she looked at me. "Hmm. Are you good in taking photos?"

"Not really. I'm not into photography," I replied again.

"Alright. Lastly, did you get good grades in grammar? Here in this company, all employees must have at least good grades in their grammar. It's a requirement," Ms Kim explained.

"I got 70% for my grammar," I told her about my grades from my exams.

"May I see your exam results?" she asked and I handed her my result slip. She look through my slip and scratch her chin. I took another deep breath, trying not to faint. Then, she look at me. I wonder what is the result. Did I get the job? I do hope so.

"It seems that you passed the test. In other words, you have the job. I'll put you as an editor for my magazines. You can start work tomorrow. Dress smart. Work starts at 8:00 till 11:00 in the night, everyday including Saturdays. We're closed on Sundays. Here is your schedule for the days you must come to work. Salary is about ₩100,000 per month. Any help you can always look for me. I'll be in my office till closing time. Here is my number if you want to give me a call. Good luck working here," Ms Kim said.

I smile widely when she said I got the job. I thanked her politely. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Congrats, chingu. Looks like you got the job," said Seohyun. I was so happy that I got the job as a magazine editor at last. It has always been my dream to be a magazine editor for a real magazine company. I can't wait to tell unnie.

After the interview, Seohyun and I went to a nearby cafe for lunch. I was feeling hungry the whole day, as I didn't eat much during breakfast. I was too nervous to eat. Now that the interview is over,  I can eat normally. "So, how was your visit to your old school yesterday?" she asked. "It was excited. We got to meet our old teachers and hoobaes in our 3rd grade classroom. And we also got to meet a new Math teacher in the school," I explained.

Seohyun took a sip of her lemon tea. "That's nice. What's his name?" "They call him Mr Cho. But his real name is Cho Kyuhyun," I replied. "Is he handsome? Did you find him attractive?" she asked excitedly. "Ya! Seo Joo Hyun!" I whined playfully. "Come on! I want to know whether he is good looking or not. I'm curious," she chuckled. "He's handsome, alright. He teaches well. But his expression remains serious. He frown at me when we were at the rooftop yesterday," I said the truth about him.

"Jinja? That's weird. He doesn't even know you," said Seohyun. "I know right. It's very weird indeed," I said with agreement. "If you see him again, why don't you ask him the reason?" she asked with eyes beading. "I rather not. I want to stay away from him as possible. He's scary when he frowns. We had an argument yesterday and his voice sounds scar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter