A Welcome Gift

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{The next morning}

Today is my first day on the job. My heart starts to beat really fast. I'm finally going to work in a real job in the real world. During breakfast, I ate my meal nervously. "Relax, Hae Ra. You'll do fine," said Hae Rin as she was feeding Minji. "I'm finished with my meal," I heard Joon Hun's voice saying. "Okay, honey. Have a good day at work," said Hae Rin and she and Joon Hun gave a kiss on the lips before he took his dish to the kitchen sink. Joon Hun kissed Minji on her cheeks before he left for work. I smile at the kissing scene. It's nice to have a morning kiss from the man you love, especially your husband. Hae Rin must be really lucky to get married. It must be wonderful. Sometimes I wonder if I can get married in the future too.

"Hae Ra ah! Quickly finished your meal or else you'll be late for work," I heard Hae Rin's voice calling me. I did as I was told and I brought the bowl into the sink. I said good bye to Hae Rin and Minji as I leave the house. "Have a good day on your first day," called Hae Rin. "I will!" I respond. As I got into my car, I saw Kyuhyun coming out from his house and heading straight for his car. When we meet, I bowed and greeted "Good morning" to him. "Good morning," he said in a soft voice and went inside his car. His face still remains uptight. I guess he's not the morning type of person.

I tried to forget his face when I reached my workplace. I greeted the staff as I enter the building. I took the elevator up to the floor where Ms Kim said I should be. When I reached the floor, I head straight to the office, where Ms Kim is waiting for me. "Welcome to your first day of the job," she greeted. I just said a thank you. Then, she showed me my desk and gave some instructions before I start my work. "This is where you'll be working. Since it's your first week of the job, I will allow you to mixed around and get to know the employees here and explore the building. And I'll also give you a magazine for you to edit. You don't have to do it perfectly yet. You can submit this to me at the end of this week. You may also send them to me earlier if you wish. From next week onwards, the real editing begins and I will expect you to do them perfectly. And make sure you get them done on time. I will let you know the dateline later. No excuses is allowed unless it's an emergency. That is all I have to say. Have fun."

I thanked her with a bow and sat down at my desk. The other employees were staring at me. Cold sweats began to drop from my forehead. "Annyonghaseyo," I heard a voice from my right side. "You must be the new editor here. I'm Cho Heesok. It's nice to meet you," the employee introduces herself. "Annyonghaseyo. I'm Cho Eun Sook. I'm Heesok's cousin," another employee introduces herself from behind me. I greeted them and shook their hands as I introduce my name to them. "Lee Hae Ra. What a nice name," said Eun Sook. "We are also editors here. If you need to ask any questions, don't feel hestitated to ask any of us," said Heesok. "We've been working here for 2 years. We know everything you need to know in this company," Eun Sook chimed in. I just smile and said nothing as I go back to work.

 

~4 hours later~

 

I began to stretch my arms after all the hard work editing a magazine. "Hey, Hae Ra. We're going down to the cafe for lunch. Want to join us?" asked Eun Sook. I nodded as I got up from my chair and followed them down to the cafe. We went to the same cafe Seohyun and I went for lunch yesterday. I order the same food again, as I like it very much. "Eating in this cafe is so much better than the cafeteria inside the building," said Heesok. Eun Sook nodded her head in agreement. "Ne. The food there is not up to my kind of taste. But sometimes, I wish we can go somewhere else to eat rather than to eat in the same cafe all over again." "Is there a cafeteria inside the building?" I asked with curiousity. "Ne. But we recommend you not to go there for lunch. The food doesn't taste so good. Everyday, they serve the same old food. Of course, only a few of our employees will go there for lunch," said Heesok. "But many will choose this cafe to eat or they bring their own lunch to work," said Eun Sook next.

I just nod my head. "Is there any other cafe around this building?" I asked again. "There is one more but it's very far to walk. It'll take you about half an hour to reach there. And we have to make it back to work on time. Ms Kim doesn't like employees to be late for work after lunch time," replied Heesok. "Very rare you'll see the employees going to that cafe for lunch. But I heard from my brother that the food is excellent," Eun Sook chimed in. I ate my food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter