Invitation

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the dinner date, Kyuhyun and I began to spent a lot of time together, whether it is in our houses or going out for dates. Of coruse, I still got other important things to do. And that is getting ready to open our first bakery ever.

We are not too far away of opening our bakery. The renovation is almost finished. All we gotta do is to buy some decorations and wallpaper, get some chairs, tables and a counter for displaying the pastries and order the supplies and ingredients to bake. We also need to hire employees to work at our bakery, as we can't run alone. We even invite our friends to come to the opening. In fact, everything needs to be done before we officially open. What a busy month for us.

A new month has come and it is almost time to open the bakery. But first, I gotta tell Ms Kim about my job. This is going to be my last day of working as a magazine editor. I went straight to her office. "Hi there, Hae Ra. Come in," she called. Apparantly, she was reading the newspaper.

"What can I help you with?" she asked.

"I came here to inform you about my job," I replied.

"What about it?"

"I'm leaving my job as an editor."

As soon as I said that, Ms Kim focus her eyes on me. "Jinja? Are you leaving because you didn't like it or you were hired for another job?"

"Actually, my sister and I are opening our own bakery soon. And I'm in charge of running it. You could say I'm hired for another job," I explained.

Ms Kim rub her specs. "I see. So, you are going to become a baker soon, right?" I nodded as a respond. "Well, in that case, good luck on your other job. And congratulations on opening your own bakery. I hope you run it well," she smile at me. I got up, bowed politely and thanked her. "You are welcome to come to our bakery anytime." I was about to leave her office when she called me. "Since it's your last day of work, I can allow you to leave during lunch time. Or you can stay up to 8 o'clock at night. It's your choice."

I nodded and left the office. I plan to go home at noon today, since Ms Kim allowed me to. When the clock strikes 12, I began to pack my belongings. I whispered a good bye to my desk and computer. Before I go, I said my good byes to Heesok, Eun Sook and the other staff working and thanked them for all the help they have given me. The cousins began to shed tears and she gave me a farewell hug. "We're really gonna miss you, Hae Ra," Eun Sook sobbed.

"You can always visit the bakery," I told them.

"We will when we have time," said Heesok.

"We wish you all the best in running the bakery. Make lots of delicious pastries for us," Eun Sook congratulate me.

I waved good bye to them and the staff for one last time before I leave the office. I'll miss working as an edit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter