Special Chapter: Finale

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is a very exciting day. My family are going on a picnic by the park together with Hae Rin's family. It was Hae Rin's idea. I was finish packing up the basket filled with delicious food. Then, it was time to change Kyu Min's diapers. Oh, in case you don't know who Kyu Min is, it's the name of our son. I chose that name for him.

Anyways, I was busy changing his diapers when Kyuhyun came downstairs. "Is everything ready, yeobo?" he asked. "I got all the baby things in the bag." "Yep. I just finished packing the picnic basket. I hope there's enough sandwiches for all of us," I replied. After changing Kyu Min's diapers, I carried him in my arms and tickle his cute little cheeks. Kyu Min gurgled happily.

Kyuhyun smile at our son and kiss his head. "How are you today, son? Are you excited to go on a picnic?"

I just chuckle in respond. "He must be pretty excited."

"He has grown up fast," he said.

We put our stuff inside the car booth. I place Kyu Min on the baby carrier at the back seat and sat beside him. "Is everyone in the car?" Kyuhyun asked as he started the engine. "Ne," I replied. And Kyuhyun drove off to the park.

When we got there, I saw Hae Rin at the distance, setting up the cloth. As we walk towards them, she waved to us. "Hae Ra! Kyuhyun!" she called. "You're here at last. We were just setting up the place." "We found the perfect spot, don't you think?" asked Joon Hun.

"You sure did, Joon Hun," I said. "Where's little Minri?"

"Oh, she's in the stroller," she replied, pointing to the stroller where Minji is.

"Annyong!" Minji greeted. I playfully rub her head and peep in the stroller. I can see Minri sleeping soundly. "She's cute," Kyuhyun whispered. I nodded in agreement. "I know right. Minji, did you get to play with your sister?"

"Ne. Omma and I played peek a boo," Minji replied. "But we can't play right now."

"Don't worry, dear. When she's awake, you can play with her," I said.

"Who wants food?" Hae Rin called. Minji skip towards her and sat down. Together, we open our lunch boxes. I brought some cakes, sandwiches and kimbap whereas Hae Rin brought cookies and fruits. "Didn't you get those pastries from your bakery, dear?" Joon Hun asked Hae Rin and she and I nod our heads. "All freshly baked," I said to him.

"Jalmukesumneda!" all of us cried before we eat the food placed on the cloth. While we're feasting, two familiar couple walk towards us. It was Seohyun and Yonghwa with their child. "Annyonghaseyo," they greeted us. "I invited her over to join us too," I told Hae Rin. "Well, since there is plenty of food for two more people, they can come and join us," said Hae Rin. And so, our parents sat down together with us and feast.

After our feast, Minji and Joon Hun played frisbee in the park while the rest of us laugh and chat about our lives. "You have a beautiful baby in your arms, Seohyun," I said to my friend.

Seohyun look at her baby. "Gomawo. Isn't she lovely? I named her Sora. How about your baby?"

"His name is Kyu Min," I replied. Seohyun began to my baby's cheek. "He's cute. He looks just like your husband."

"Except for the nose and mouth," I said.

"Well, your baby has to look like the mother too," she laughed. I also laughed in respond.

Just then, Minji approach us with a bottle. "Auntie! Can you blow bubbles for me?" Kyuhyun carried Kyu Min for me and I blow some bubbles for Minji to catch. When a bubble was about to land on Kyu Min, he tried to pop it with his tiny little finger. And he did it! I gave a little clap for my son. "Well done, baby," I said to him and he gurgled in respond.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "He likes bubbles too. Blow some more, yeobo." I nodded and blew some more bubbles into the air. Minji giggled as she tries to pop some bubbles. "Let me try," Hae Rin suggested and I gave her the bottle. I placed my head on Kyuhyun's shoulder and watch Hae Rin and her family play bubbles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter