The Start Of A New Friendship

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sigh! Looking back at the photos makes me miss Seohyun. They bring back memories to our childhood days till now. I'm happy that she's married. In fact, almost all my girl friends have boyfriends now. And some of them are married now. So far, I'm the only one still single. Speaking of friends, I haven't hang out with them that often since I left Korea. I should call them and go out with them. I hope they still keep in contact with me. "Hae Ra! Come down! We don't want to be late for church!" I heard Hae Rin calling me from down stairs. I quickly place my phone in my hand bag and went down stairs.

"What were you doing up there?" she asked. "Oh, nothing. I'm just looking at our old photos," I replied. "Still miss Seohyun?" she asked again. I nodded in respond. "I wonder how is she doing with Yonghwa. I bet she's having a great time." "I bet she is. Did she tell you where she is going?" I shook my head. "No matter where they are, I'm just happy that she and Yonghwa can have fun during their honeymoon trip." I inhale a sigh as I look out through the car window. "What's wrong, sis?" I heard Hae Rin asking me. I was about to reply when the car was being parked. "Here we are!" Joon Hun called. "I'll tell you after service," I told Hae Rin.

As we enter the church, the ushers greeted us with fliers and the choir group were rehearsing their singing before service starts. Hae Rin took Minji to the children service while me and Joon Hun took our seats. Just then, a man in a formal suit came and sat down beside me. He was carrying a bible with him. To my surprise, it was Kyuhyun! "Mr Cho?" I called. Kyuhyun turn around and saw me. "Oh. Annyong. It's you! I didn't know you attend this church as well," he said with a surprise look. "Neither did I," I replied. "I didn't see you here every Sunday." "Well, perhaps I was sitting somewhere else. If you don't like me to sit here, I could move somewhere else," he said as he begin to get up. I grab his hand to stop him. "No, it's alright. You can sit next to us. The church is almost fill with people." Kyuhyun look around and indeed the church is filling up. "Maybe you're right," he said as he sat down again. Soon, the service started with the pastor beginning with a word of prayer.

I love attending church services every Sunday morning. From a child, I was a devout Christian. I pray to God everyday for strength and wisdom because He can help me in everything. Sometimes, my family would gather around to pray together. And when I sinned, I pray for forgiveness. You could say I'm a godly child. When we were singing some gospels, I could hear Kyuhyun singing beautifully. A twinkle came into my eyes. He not only teaches well in school. He even sings too. His voice is so deep and rich. Like an angel singing from heaven. I like his singing voice very much. However, I try not to swoon over his voice when I'm in a holy place.

After the service ends, Kyuhyun and I were left alone, as Hae Rin and Joon Hun were talking to some friends. "So, Mr Cho, I...." I began to speak but Kyuhyun interrupt me. "You can call me Kyuhyun," he said. "Alright. Kyuhyun. Do you attend service every week?" I continued. "Of course I do. I never miss church service since young. I love worshipping the one true God," he replied. He sounds like he's a devout Christian too. "Me too," I exclaimed. "I always pray before I go to work every morning." "Me too," he said. Soon, we don't feel too awkward anymore. We began to talk a lot. It's like we're really making a conversation for real. I guess church is the best place to talk to people.

 

~Hae Rin's POV~

I was busy chatting with someone when I saw my dongsaeng chatting with Kyuhyun. Well, would you look at that? Hae Ra and Kyuhyun are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter