The Visitor

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days went by and things are getting pleasant between Kyuhyun and me. We always greeted each other with warm smiles in the morning. Sometimes, I would visit him at his house and chat if I am not too tired from work. Kyuhyun would always welcome me to his house anytime. And we would look forward to seeing each other again.

One morning during work, I was busy getting ready to submit my work to Ms Kim when my cell phone rings. It was Hae Rin! I unlock my phone and quickly answer the call.

 

~phone conversation~

Hae Ra: Ah, unnie.

Hae Rin: Hae Ra ah! Sorry to call you at the moment. Are you busy?

Hae Ra: Ne. Today is my submission day. I only have a few minutes to talk to you. Make this quick.

Hae Rin: Arasso. I just want to let you know that I'll be going out to buy some travel supplies for a trip. And I have to meet Joon Hun to discuss about the trip. Can you please help me pick up Minji from the daycare centre today?

Hae Ra: I can only leave my office at 3 today.

Hae Rin: It's alright. The centre only closes at 6. So you'll have time to pick her up. I'll tell you more about our trip at home later.

Hae Ra: Okay. I have to go now. See you at home.

Hae Rin: Thanks a lot, sis. I hope you don't mind doing a small favor for me.

Hae Ra: Not at all. Bye.

~end of conversation~

 

I quickly press the end call button and finished up all my work. Finally, my work is done. There is still time to submit my work to Ms Kim. I save them all to my thumb drive and walk to her office.

"Hmm. These look fine. I can accept this work. Well done," said Ms Kim about my editing work. Whew! What a relieve. I walk out of her office with my thumb drive in my hand. "So, how did it go?" asked Heesok as I walk back to my desk. I just gave a thumbs up to her and sat down. "We'll take that as a job well done," I heard Eun Sook whispering to her cousin.

It was 3 o'clock at last. Time to pick Minji up from the daycare. Hae Rin mention she was buying travel supplies for a trip. I wonder what kind of trip Hae Rin and Joon Hun are going. Perhaps they're going for a family vacation out of the city. I was still thinking about her words when I stopped at the daycare centre where Minji is. I was greeted by the principal outside the centre.

"Annyonghaseyo! I came to pick up Park Minji," I told her.

"What are your relations with her?" she asked, making sure that I'm not a kidnapper.

"I am her aunt," I replied. "My sister would have inform you."

"Ah, I see. You are Lee Hae Ra, right? Hae Rin's younger sister?" she asked and I nodded. "She called me this morning that you were picking Minji up. Wait here," the principal told me and she went inside to find Minji. I look around and explore the centre. It has a playground and a little mini pool. It's strange that it's still filled with water. Maybe the children had swimming just now. After 2 minutes, a caregiver came out with Minji looking at me sleepily in her arms.

"She just woke up from her nap," said the caregiver. "It's nap time for the babies now."

I took Minji from the caregiver. "Kamsahamnida!" I told her.

Since my car has no baby seat, I had to put her to the front and wrap her with a seatbelt. I could see her sleeping soundly while driving home. Once we reached the house, I carefully take out the seatbelt and carried her out from the car slowly. I tried my best not to wake her up. "Hi, Hae Ra," I heard someone calling me. I turn around and saw Kyuhyun standing by his car. I smile and waved at him.

"Back from work?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter