ACT # 08

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 08

--------------------------------------

Kris woke up with a massive headache, his entire body is in pain but it's nothing compared to what his heart is feeling right now, he tried to get up from bed but stiffened when he felt something warm, his eyes widen in surprise to see Rui sitting on the floor beside him holding his hand; he heard a vibrating sound making Rui stir, he closed his eyes immediately pretending to be asleep.

Rui carefully remove Kris' hold to her hand and took out her phone, she tried to stand up but her legs were cramped because of sitting on the floor the entire night so she had no choice but to answer her phone beside the sleeping Kris.

"Hello?" trying to keep her voice down a little.

"Is he alright?"

"He's still sleeping" the room was awfully quiet and the only sound inside are Kris and Rui's breathing, he could clearly hear the voice on the phone, Luhan's.

"Are you going to school today?"

"I don't think Kris is in condition to come to school and I originally plan to skip it today."

"I see, did he told you anything?"

"No he didn't, I think its better if you guys drop by the house after school to talk to him, I think he got into a brawl last night."

"We will... and Rui... thank you" she didn't bother to answer him and hang up.

Kris was staring at the ceiling, he's trying to process what happened last night but it was too painful for him; he wanted to die and disappear when he saw Soyou making out with another and admitting out loud that he was only using him. He remembered how he almost beat up Sehun when he insisted that she was cheating on him, he never thought she could do that not until last night; he made a mental note to thank him when they meet.

He could smell fresh cooked pancakes when he was getting downbut he was still in pain from the bruises he had last night, he was ok at least when he assessed himself before going down though he couldn't say the same for the men he had fought with.

Rui felt Kris standing behind her, she didn't know what happened last night but being married to the guy for several months now, she knows that the guy has a problem.

"Sit down and eat breakfast" she said placing a plate of stacked pancakes on the table, "Luhan called when you were sleeping, he said he'll come by after class with the others" Kris just nodded.

He was actually debating inside if he'll thank her or not, their situation is already awkward enough, he don't want to make it worse. The two ate in silence, Rui suddenly missed eating alone she was having a difficulty swallowing the food because of the akwardness between them. They may be married for a couple of months now but it's the first time the two of them is eating a meal together

"Thank you" Kris said weakly.

"You should put medicine on you bruises" Rui said when she finished eating, she collected the soiled plates and put them in the dishwasher.

"I'll help you with that" he offered but Rui declined, Kris sometimes wonder how she manges the house; he haven't seen anyone clean or do house chores ever since they moved in together.

"Did you put medicine on your wounds?" he shook his head, Rui sighed and went upstairs without a word and came back with a medicine kit on her hands.

"Does he have a death wish?" Rui thought to her self, after putting a peasize drop of ointment on a cottonbud she slouch down to Kris' level and dabbed it on the corner of his lips, Kris was taken aback with her sudden action, it took a second for Rui to realize this.

"Sorry" she said quickly stepping back but she accidentally trip on her own foot, good thing Kris have good reflexes and was able to hold her hand and pull her back but the pull was slightly strong making her fall on his lap.

"Kris hyuuuuung!" two two froze in surprise in their position and before they could even react Sehun entered the house and stopped midway in his track to make things worse Kai, Lay and Luhan appeared behind him.

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-