ACT # 35

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 

 ACT 35

--------------------------------------

"I'm sorry Gab but there's nothing we can do to help them, the evidence Zhang YiXing provided were solid and obviously have no loopholes. It's like he tested and checked every angle of the case before giving all the necessary evidence to pin down the foru families" Ethan said over the other line.

When she didn't get any response from Kris, she immediately went up to her room to pester her friend Ethan, it was still a long shot but she has to try.

"Please let this go Rui" Kris said, he was standing on her doorway. "You heard what Lay said, he was the one who provided the evidences for the case. Knowing him, you would never find a loophole on the case, it will surely be a win for the prosecution, that's how great the Zhang investigators are."

"But Kris that is Soyou's family, your Soyou" Rui's voice was trembling, she was feeling a whirlwind of emotions right now: sadness, confusion, grief, relief and anger all rolled in one unexplainable feeling. "Soyou and I, we're not togetjer anymore."

"Oh my god Kris, I'm so sorry" her eyes immediately released the impending tears, she wiped them off with a tissue and took the cardigan on the chair.

"Where are you going?" Kris gently grab her by the arm.

"I'm going to Soyou's" she said. "I'm going to explain to her our situation so she wouldn't misunderstand..." 

"She cheated on me... took advantage... and used me" Kris cuts her off, Rui couldn't find her words. "The night when I got home drunk and beaten up, Luhan took us to a club. I heard her myself telling the guy he was having...." his hand bawled into fist, his nails dugging into his skin. Rui onto his arm and pulled him inside the room to sit on the bed, she was was standing in between his legs.

He was crying.

Kris Wu is crying in front of her and for the first time in her life, she.doesn't know what to do, she just keep on his hair while Kris just held onto her in a tight embrace.

When he finally calmed down they found themselves sitting on the carpeted floor at the foot of Rui's bed.

"We have couches, chairs and even a big bed in the room, why do we always.end up sitting on the floor?" Rui said trying to lighten up the mood.

"I don't know, the floors seems to be so inviting and comfortable."

"Should we get rid of the couches then?" the two of them suddenly burst out laughing.

"Are you alright?" he nodded.

"Maybe I just needed to let out all the pent up frustrations I've been keeping."

"I'm here, I'm your new partner in crime now Kris, I'm willing to listen no matter how love sick fool you sound like" she said with a grin.

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-