ACT # 24

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 ACT 24

--------------------------------------

-RUI POV-

Rein and I spent the entire afternoon together shopping, despite my protest she drag me around the mall entering every single shop that caught her attention; it was already four in the afternoon when she finally stopped her frenzy.

"Omo! Look at the time, I bet Kris is alreay worried about  you" she said when we went out fromt the last botique.It totally slipped out of my mind and nearly forgot that Kris and I had our very first arguement which resulted to him walking out on me and leaving the house..

"Don't worry, I'm sure he won't mind" I said.

"Well then I guess this is goodbye for now" she said when we stop in front of our building.

"What do you mean? I'm sending you off to the airport tomorrow night" I look a her looking puzzled.

"Gabb, I know you and Kris had a misunderstanding" her face softening up. "I'm your bestfriend and I know when you are upset about something."

"Seriously Rein, Kris and I are okay" I lied.

"Alright then if you say so but you're not sending me off the airport tomorrow, you still have school the next day and I don't want you to stay up late" she said.

"But..."

"No buts, now go and make up with your husband" she pushed me off the car and with a wave she drove away.

 

I honestly don't know how to talk to him again after our little episode this morning but when the elevator doors opened I was surprised to see him standing in just outside, our eyes locked in for a moment but the doors started to close but he was quick to hold them open.

"Hey" we both said at the same time.

"You're going somewhere?" I ask trying to break the awkwardness in the air.

"Actually... I was waiting for you" he said rubbbing the back of his neck and looking at the other direction. "When I came back you're already gone."

"Ow" I said. "I was out with Rein the whole day."

"About the thing this morning... I don't think I can do what you're asking especially now that Rein won't be around" I'm sure he saw the shock in my face "she called me after she dropped you off" sometimes you can just question where my bestfriend's loyalty lies to.

"Can you just think that I'm doing this not as your husband but as a friend looking after his friend?" the determined look in his eyes gave me this foreign feeling inside me.

"But I don't want you to be force to do anything against your will..."

"Did you really think we're doing it because we were forced to?" he stiffled a laugh. "Do you know that it was the first after a long time Luhan actually lost his cool at school, the last time he did was because Sehun got bullied when we were in middle school" I don't know what to say, Kris continued. "Our maknae's never shown fondness they have with you even to Soyou even if I was dating her for a very long time and Lay... do you know that guy will never volunteer or willingly cook food for anyone even us, we even needed to forced him to cook a simple ramen. So don't ever tell me that we were forced to do this for you."

I was utterly speechless.

 

-KRIS POV-

After the elevator episode, Rui was a little more open in accepting our help at school, the next day even though Rein didn't want us to send her off, Rui and I together with the guys went to the airport to say our goodbyes.

"Look after her, even though her brothers are always there with her you are now her husband regardless of the contract you have" Rein said when he pulled me to a corner to talk, the boys accompanied Rui to get something to eat while we wait for Rein's flight. "She may look tough on the outside but she's very fragile inside, being protected by those guys and being with me all the time made her innocent or rather optimistic with people."

"I get the first part where I must protect her all the time but I don't think I understand the later" she chuckled.

"Gabb can be very optimistic with people around her, she may seems to be that cold city girl with very few words and most of the time misunderstood as snob and all but that girl will never see evil to anyone."

Days slowly creep by until we didn't notice that it's been more than a month since Rui started hanging out with us, students eventually got tired of eyeing her around whenever she walks along the corridor with us, it was safe to say that they accepted the fact that the five of us are friends with her and that messing up with her means answering to us.

Hyorin and her minions left her alone although there was a time where I caught them staring at her like they want to skin and bury her alive but all in all, they never touch her or interact with her in anyway.

As for Soyou, I sometimes have classes with her but since I asked Sehun to re-arrage my classes to fit with Rui's my classes with her were just Math which requires her full attention and English which I don't attend anymore becasue the reason why I took it in the first place is because of her, so technically I only have one class with her during the remainder of the semester.

It was the last day and start of winter break, everyone is excited to get out of campus and have their well deserve vacation but instead of running out they were running towards the field. Whatever I thought to myself, I took out my phone and called Luhan to ask where he is then I saw him running towards me.

"What's with the rush?"

"Rui" her name was enough to send me running after him towards the center of the crowd. We found Sehun and Kai standing in front of Rui as if shielding her from danger, the crowd automatically parted to give way to us, we saw Lay on the other side looking intently on the scence in front, we look at him and he mouthed that he just arrived like us.

"You could have just tell me nicely to stay away from him" I heard the familiar voice, my eyes widen to see Soyou crying her right hand on her redden right cheek. "but you just have to hurt me!" everyone was looking at her while she breaks down in Hyorins arms, I saw Lay's brows arche up.

"She was just asking you if you can help her with Kris" Hyorin said "but instead you started shouting at her to stay away from him, you don't even need to slap her if you don't want to help!" I look at Rui who have no expression or whatsoever on her face, she was just looking at Hyorin and Soyou.

"I knew you wanted him for yourself!" Soyou screamed and cried even harder, Kai lunge forward but Rui grab him by the arm and just look at him.

"But noona!" Sehun protested.

"What's this" Luhan walk towards Rui, Lay too. I can feel the eyes staring at me, I know they were waiting to which side I'm going.

"Did you see what that girl did to Soyou?" Hyorin said looking at me. "She hurt Soyou, your princess Soyou."

I look at Rui waiting for her to say something to defend herself. Soyou cheated on me but she never was the type of person to make up stories, I was stuck to where I was standing and my friends were looking at me in disbelief.

"You crazy !" Kai always was the short tempered one.

"Kai stop!" I belowed, I look at Soyou her eyes all puffy and a hand print on her right cheek, I also notice her hand bleeding. I look at my friends and I was surprised to see the looks on their faces, disappointment.

Before I could say anything Rui started walking towards the parking lot with my friends following her.

"Kris" Hyorin was helping Soyou to stand up. "Thank you for believing in me babe" I wanted to throw up when I heard her call me that.

"Don't touch me" I said when she wrap her arms on mine.

"But..."

"We're over Soyou, don't make a fool out of yourself and move on" I said cutting her off. I pull my arm away and ran after Rui and my friends.

You're an Kris, just when everything is starting to be okay you just have to mess up things, I mentally face palm myself.

 

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-