ACT # 34

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 34

--------------------------------------

"He really said that?" Lay asked while sipping his Youthberry white tea, Luhan nodded. The two dropped by a cafe after sending their friends home.

"I was surprised myself, speechless even when he said that at the airport."

"It's been what? Two? Three years since Kris last play the guitar."

"Looks like Mrs. Wu just didn't change our maknaes, even the almighty Wu Yi Fan. I wonder what happened in England that caused him a change of heart."

"I don't know but whatever it is, it's good that Kris is opening up and moving on with the right woman beside her."

 

"What are you thinking about?" Kris asked Rui when he joined her in the balcony the night before their last semester in college begins.

"Just thinking about some things" she said without looking at him, they just got back a few days ago from Jeju after their month long vacation with the guys. 

"You're lying Mrs. Wu" Kris said, pulling her beside him on the balcony floor, the two of them leaning on the glass door, Rui focused on the night sky. Kris knew they both look pathetic sitting on the floor but it doesn't bother him at all. During their vacation, the two of them got to know each other more; Rui was able to see the soft and childish side of Kris in his comfort zone, with his friends. She's happy that he looks relaxed and worry free but she can't take her mind off the issue with Kris and Soyou, she was greatly bothered that the two just suddenly ended their relationship and Kris nor any of his friends are not helping at all by not answering her questions. They just keep on telling her to forget about the issue first and jut enjoy the vacation since she together with Kris, Luhan and Lay will graduate this coming fall.

"I'm just thinking that now everything is settled here and the two of us already manage to become friends, maybe I can go back to England to finish the last semester to graduate with my friends."

Kris was taken aback, she was so closed to his friends that he forgot that she also have her own friends that she probably missed so badly.

"If you want to, I see nothing wrong about it" but deep down inside, Kris didn't want her to go, he was so used to having her near her that not seeing her just half a day would make him anxious and grumpy, what more if she's thousands of miles and continents away. Yes, Chou Rui, her wife finally grew up on her.

"But that would be me neglecting my duties as your wife" she said smiling while tilting her head sideways.

"But if that would make you happy, then I would be a bad husband especially when I know that it would make my wife happy."

 

SLAM!

"I'm giving you five seconds to explain what is the meaning of this" Rui slammed a copy of yesterday's newspaper, she was holding on a very thin thread of her patience or whatever is left of it, she look at Sehun and Jongin who are sitting on dining table in front of her, knowing that the two youngest don't want her upset and angry she was counting the seconds until one of the two would start talking.

'Rui" Lay was the first one to speak behind her. "They don't have anything to with this, this is all on me."

"Don't take the blame for something you did not do YiXing" she glared at the two still waiting for their confession. 

"Noona, we didn't do it." Jongin croaked, Sehun nodded in agreement.

"Rui, they already said that they didn't do it" Kris said beside her. "Now calm down and let's all take a seat and talk about this properly.

"Kris, I cannot just sit here and do nothing. Future of four families is ruined because of me and one of them is your girlfriend's..."

"Ex girlfriend noona" Sehun corrected her but he just earned another glared from her.

"Rui, please calm down and just let us explain" Luhan said patting her shoulder before taking a seat, she couldn't do anything and simply followed what Luhan said.

"What happened to their families is vary tragic and... unfortunate" Lay started. "But they pushed their luck too much, we can't avoid the inevitable" she clearly do not undestand what Lay said so Luhan simplied things for her.

"What Lay was saying is that the authories found sufficient and hard evidence to put Hyorin and Dasom's fathers in prison for ion and human trafficking."

"That is a serious accusation Luhan" she was looking directly into his eyes, looking for any hint of lie but she found none. "And what about Bora and Soyou's?"

"Illegal drugs and money laundering" her eyes immediately look at Kris.

"Are you sure the evidences are not fabricated? Maybe their fathers were framed, Kris you got to helped them" All of them were surprised of what she just had said. Those girls were the reason of her pain and suffering and yet here she is pleading to help them.

"But noona why should we help them when they inflicted you pain and suffering" Jongin said, trying to understand her.

"But Jongin, we don't need to wish them to experience pain as well" her eyes softens when she answered him.

"I'm sorry Rui, you can ask me anything else but not this. I will not help them get away with this,  they clearly have a choice in the first place and they decided to choose the wrong one" Luhan said, he stood up and excuse himself then transferred to the living room to watch a soccer game.

"I'm sorry too Rui but I cannot help as well especially when I'm the one who provided the authorities the evidenced they needed to prosecute" Lay also stood up and joined Luhan at the living room.

"I'm sorry for accusing you both" she said.

"It's okay noona but we're sorry as well, just like Luhan hyung, even if we can, we won't help them" the two boys hugged her and joined their hyungs watch the game in the other room leaving her and Kris all by themselves.

"Kris you got to help Soyou" her voice low and pleading "please."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-