ACT # 15

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 15

--------------------------------------

Kris and Rui were left inside the studio, she's randomly strumming the guitar while he watch her intently. This girl managed to take Kris' mind off the heart break he's going through right now, she kept on surprising him with the tons of things she can do. When Kris signed the contract, he thought Rui would be one of those spoiled rich girls he met during social parties but he was wrong, she's the complete opposite of them.

"Do I have something on my face?" she asks.

"No-nothing" he stutters and look away.

"Do you want to play, you can use this one" she offered the guitar she's using.

"I don't play anymore, I thought you knew," he said the last part Rui could barely hear; Kris was actually curious on how she knew those things about him, even Soyou never knew those kind of things,the thought of her made Kris quiet again. Rui noticed that her husband zooning out so she walk to the drumset and started playing.

When Kris got back to his senses, Rui wasn't beside him anymore.

"Can I ask you something?" Kris said leaning on the wall near the set, she stop playing and and gave him a go on look. "How do you know all those thing?"

"It's not me, Ethan did all the researching" she simply said. "Atty. Ethan Ruan, he's not only my lawyer but a family friend as well."

 

-KRIS POV-

"It's not me, Ethan did all the researching" she simply said. "Atty. Ethan Ruan, he's not only my lawyer but a family friend as well." I don't know if what I felt for a fraction of second was disappointment but at least she remember the details right?

"When did you start playing these instruments?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"I was four or five I think" I can sense the reluctance in her voice, I couldn't blame her, I myself was very aloof with her. I wasn't even talking to her even though she prepares me breakfast for me every morning since we got married, she started to play again with the drums.

"Wu Rui" she stops playing and look at me.

"Let's be friends."

 

-RUI POV-

"Let's be friends," Kris said. I don't know how to answer him, thank goodness food arrive just in time.

"Angel we're back!" Minhwan ge skips inside the studio towards me. "Here's your food angel, eat up!"

"Thanks gege" I took out the burger and checked out the one without mustard and hand it to Kris, our hands touch and I immediately pulled back. I squeezed my burger before opening it and I caught Kris looking, there's a questionmark on his face.

"Get used to Kris, she always eat burgers like that" Jaejin ge said. "Very unlady like right?" my brother started laughing.

"If yeye didn't arrange you to get married with Kris, I don't think any guy would wan't to marry you angel. you're manlier than most of the men your mom sets you up with" Minhwan added.

"Hey hey, stop that my brother-in-law can hear you" gege said. "Let my sister retain at least a tiny bit of dignity" of course my brother would join them in teasing me. "Don't worry sis, if ever Kris decides to return you to us, we wouldn't mind, right guys?" Minhwan ge and Jaejin ge nods iin agreement. Kris and I was taken by surprise by my brother's comment we don't know how we would react.

"I don't think so hyung, your sister's stuck with me from now on" he suddenly blurts out, my eyes wanted to pop out because of his comment, what does he mean by that.

"Aigoo, our angel gained another fan" Jaejin ge, Kris looks at me for explanation.

"Don't mind them" I put the straw on his juice and gave it to him. "They're blurtting out so much nonsense today" Kris smiled.

"You're really close to them?" he asks when the three stepped out again, I was thinking about his question a while ago, would it really be possible for us to be friends?

"Rui?" he called again.

"Sorry, you were saying?" he sighed.

"I was asking you if you're really this close to the three of them" how to answer his question, I thought to myself.

"They took care of me when I was still a baby, at least that's what they say they did" I laugh at myself whenever I remember them telling me stories when we were kids. "I literally grew up with them, played the same games and shared the same hobbies; there wasn't a day that goes by that I didn't spent at least a minute with them, they were brothers from another mother."

"I didn't see them at the wedding" even though our families agreed that only immediate family members will be present, my parents and yeye wanted to invite them, it was me who didn't want them to be there. It's hard enough that I put on a brave face in front of my brother but if Minhwan and Jaejin ge will be there, I know I wouldn't be able to go through with the wedding.

flashback

"Maybe ayi can help us" Minhwan ge asks me, we got back to the apartment in London after watching a Wimbledon match. Last night, papa called to tell me about yeye's decision to marry me to his good friend's grandson, I was so shocked and sad at the same time they couldn't talk to me until this morning.

"Mama doesn't have any say on this" my brother said slumping down beside me. "Yeye got everything bases covered, papa and I stayed late last night to see if there's anyway out of this."

"You can always marry one of us angel" Minhwan ge suggested, we all burst out laughing.

"Gege as tempting as your offer may be, you know yeye wouldn't fall for that right?"

"We can elope" my brother just shook his head in disbelief wih their out of this world ideas.

"Seriously agel, don't do anything stupid; just tell us and let us do the stupid things, okay?"

"They're busy and yeye said immediate family members only right?" lame excuse.

 This is the first time I played again after the wedding that I completely lost track of time.

"Gabby, you should take your husband home" my brother said, Kris fell asleep at the couch. "He looks worn out and tired, take care of your  husband Gabby, you both may not love each other but you might as well start treating each other as friends. Like he said a while ago, you're stuck with each other from now on."

There it is again, friends. Can we really be friends with other?

 

A/N: UPDATE!! I hope you guys like this one. Thank you so much for reading!

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-