ACT # 20

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 ACT 20

--------------------------------------

-RUI POV-

The next day, I had to battle it out with Kris to allow me to go to school and boy it wasn't easy.

"Kris what more can those girls do to me?"

"Rui that's not it, I'm worried for your health, you haven't even fully recovered yet."

"I can take care of myself" if we go on like this both of us will be late so I took out my phone and gave it to him. "Here, put in your number... just put your number in it."

"Rui just skip today until I settle things at school."

"Kris I'm not locking myself inside the house just because of what happened yesterday, I can't put a hold on my life because they decided to make it miserable."

"Damn it Rui!" he slammed his hands on the table. "I don't want to see you again lying lifeless on the floor, it scares me to death" his voice is calming down. "Just today Rui, I promise you, just let me settle the score with them."

"Here" I showed him my phone. "You're number is on speed dial on my phone, I'll call you if anything happens to me, okay?"

"Number four?" he sounds offended. "Why number four?"

"My brother, Jaejin ge and Minhwan ge" he sighed.

"Fine but call me okay."

Everyone at school are talking about the exchange student from England, it occupied everyones thought that the incident yesterday was completely forgotten. One of the favorite places inside the campus I've come to like is the music room because of the peaceful vibe it gives me everytime I go inside. I sat on the piano chair and stare at the keys, it's been ten years since the last time I played the piano or the keyboard.

"Wouldn't it be nice if you play something with the piano? I though I've seen you worst but what the hell, you look like crap Gabb" a girl with wavy long brown hair entered the room and walk towards me, she toss me a white envelope with my name in gold embossed lettering. "Special delivery straight fresh from England."

"What's this?" she started laughing.

"Don't tell me you forgot about Kye's event tonight?"

"Of course not" I lied. "You could have just call and save yourself the trip" I said closing the piano cover.

"And what miss the chance to see the Miss Gabriella Chou make fun of herself, not a chance! Do you think I didn't know your litlle stint with Ethan, that man should run for presidency, he's too hard to bribe."

"That's what you call attorney-client privilege" I rettorted.

"There's also what they call friendship and trust, I think I earned it already. Whatever Gabb, I'll see tonight and I'll be looking forward to meet Mr. Wu, Mrs. Wu" she said and walk away.

"Hey, until when are you in town? Jaejin and Minhwan already move back and I think my brother is in the country until the end of the week."

"Haven't you heard" she turn her back and smiled mischivously. "I'm the exchange student."

 

-KRIS POV-

I've been worried sick of Rui ever since I got here in school, I haven't seen any trace of her all morning. I skip lunch and left the guys and wandered around campus taking my chance I would stumble into her when my feet brought me in front of the music room, all rooms are mostly empty because of lunch break; I was about to go back to the guys when I heard voices coming inside the music room, good thing the door was slightly ajar so I can see inside without blowing my cover. I reconized Rui's voice but who is she talking to?

"That's what you call attorney-client privilege" Rui said, the brown haired girl said, are they talking about the contract?

"There's also what they call friendship and trust, I think I earned it already. Whatever Gabb, I'll see tonight and I'll be looking forward to meet Mr. Wu, Mrs. Wu" as soon as the girl turn around, I instantly recognized her from the picture in Rui's room.

"Hey, until when are you in town? Jaejin and Minhwan already move back and I think my brother is in the country until the end of the week" Rui said.

"Haven't you hear... I'm the exchange student" that's right, I saw her walking around campus with a teacher earlier. "By the way, the black suits you... it emphasize your eyes more but i do miss your brown hair, it suits you best."

"Hey Rein" she calls the girl back. "Stay out of this" Rui said and started walking towards the door, I was able to hide inside the empty room in front

"No can do, don't forget to tell him" I heard them talking outside, they started talking in English with perfect British accent.

"Do I even have a choice?" this is the first I heard Rui talking in English, her accent is perfect like it was her first language.

"I can't wait to meet him, I heard you two make a damn good couple."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-

 

A/N: Hi everyone! I decided to change the doctors name in the previous chapter, it was originally Suho but decided to change it to Myungsoo (L). I was thinking of using Suho's character in the future chapter of the story. I'll edit the previous chapters just to correct the mistakes; I hope everyone enjoys reading the story, let me know what you think!

There's this scenario that I really can't get out of my head so if you're reading my other story Can You Be Mine, you'll notice that there's a scene or event that is very similar to one that will be in this story. It's an effect of the EXO craze running inside my head for their comeback later this evening.