ACT # 18

Mìng yùn (Destiny)

 ACT 18

--------------------------------------

Kris kept his eyes roaming around campus Monday morning, he's been trying to spot Rui to check if she's okay. Despite the doctors order to skip school today, she was very persistent and left the house when Kris was preparing to go to school, then he realized that he never saw Rui at school since she transferred.

"You know I'm happy to see you not sulking and drowning yourself in alcohol and self-pity" Luhan said when the other guys were out of ear shot, most guys would be especially when they found out that their girlfriend is cheating and only after the money and popularity.

"She's not worth it" he simply said but Luhan knows that deep inside his friend is hurting so much, you can't just throw away more than two years of relationship in just a blink of an eye, he knows he's hurting and his heart is breaking apart.

"I wonder what's the commotion at the other side of the building is about" Sehun wonder out loud, he, Lay and Kai just came bcak from the cafeteria to buy some drinks.

"I heard Hyorin and his friends have a new play toy, I heard the girls at the cafeteria says it the new student" without a word Luhan jump off to his feet and ran.

"Hyung where are you going?" Kai sratched his head, Luhan's not the type to meddle with things especially when it involve girls, they decided to follow him eventually.

Rui tok the chance to slip out of the house when Kris went back to his room to change, they had breakfast together which Rui is still getting used to. She took her messanger back from the passenger seat and got out from her RR, she put on her thick rimmed glasses and started walking to her first class.

So far so good for Rui, if only her yeye allowed her to finish her studies in London.

SPLASH!

"Do you really think that we'll let you go after that humilation with Luhan oppa?" Hyorin said, Rui tried walking away but she was blocked by the girl named Dasom. "I don't get why Luhan's so worked up looking after you."

They were inside an old classroom and Rui can hear the murmurs of other students outside but no one dared to help her, during her short stay she became the apple of the eye of these queenka's because they accidentally saw her talking to Kris on her first day inside the principal's office to get her class schedule. From then on they made sure that Rui suffers every single day.

The classroom door burst open revealing a very pissed Luhan, Sehun and Kai appeared seconds after followed by Lay and Kris looking half bored and amused to see his friend react in such a way. They didn't recognize her immediately because of the glasses, Kris' eyes landed on the soaking wet girl on the floor and rushed beside her as soon as he recognized who she is.

"What the hell Rui" he spat and took off his jacket and put it over her shoulders. "Let's get you home, let's go" Kris voice was shaking, he wanted to punch Dasom and Hyorin for what they did to Rui but he needs to bring her home first before he deals with those girls. They were at the parking lot when Rui noticed that Lay and Luhan didn't follow them out, she remembered Luhan's threat if the girls did touch her again.

"Kai get Luhan and Lay out of there please, I'm afraid Luhan might hurt them" she said coughing. Rui doesn't get sick easily but the continues physical torment to her body finally took its toll the other night.

"Let them, they deserve it" Kris said ushering her to walk again, to her relief Luhan and Lay came out of the building and started walking towards them.

"Kris, can we talk?" Soyou was waiting for Kris, Rui tried to remove Kris arm around her but Kris held on to her tighter.

"Kris, you guys should talk."

"I won't let you drive like that" he said.

"Don't worry Luhan can drive me home just... go and talk to her" she was a little hesitant but she don't want to go in between more than she did. "Go now, she's waiting for you" Luhan just nodded and took Rui from Kris.

"Take care of her" he said and walks toward Soyou.

"What about my car?"

"Sehun can drive your car" Luhan said opening the door in his car.

"Lay picked him and Kai this morning, the two went all baby again with us, Lay's too kind to say no to them he explains.

"I think it's about time the school knows about you and Kris."

"What about Kris and his girlfriend? I've done enough damage to their relationship" but Luhan knows that Kris relationship with Soyou is over since the night at the club, he thought Kris told her everything but it looks like Rui has no idea about it.

 

"Where is she?" was the first thing Kris said when she entered their house.

"In her room with Luhan hyung" Kris climb the stairs two at a time and stood in front of Rui's room he knock and peaked inside. Luhan's sitting at the couch reading a book while Rui's tucked into bed sleeping. Luhan look up to see Kris peaking inside and close the book he's reading and went outside.

"How is she?"

"She's coughing on the way home but we drop by the pharmacy to buy some meds, remind her to drink it on time; so how did it go?" it was their first meeting after what Kris found out that she was cheating on him.

"Ugly, she was crying and shouting inside the car. I can't believe she played me all these years."

"I know I shouldn't have done this but I hired someone to follow her."

"You what?" Kris raised his voice. "What were you thinking?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just pissed off about something I found out" he sighed. "I'll come  back later so we can talk, in the mean time you should go in and check on her; she's worried about you and Soyou for nothing."

"I'm sorry, I over react. Just stay for dinner, I'll order take outs for all of us."

"Okay, I'll be down with the guys if you need anything."

 

Kris entered Rui's room and sat down beside her bed, she stirr a little and opens her eyes slowly.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey"

"I thought you were with Soyou? Did you send her home already?" he can't believe that after what happened to her, she's still thinking about him and Soyou. "You could have taken her for dinner, the boys are here to accompany me" Kris body moved on its own and enveloped Rui in a bone crushing hug resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Don't push me to her" Kris pleaded, he can feel Rui's body tensed. "Soyou and I... there's no us anymore, Soyou and I are over."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-