ACT # 32

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 32

--------------------------------------

KRIS

Everyone already retired for tonight but Rui and I stayed behind and found ourselves inside the kitchen rumaging for something to eat. After reheating the leftover pizza's we sat across each other on the kitchen island with a mug of hot choco.

"Your brothers seems to be really happy after hearing you play the piano" I said.

"It's been a while" she said taking a bite to from her pizza, I reach forward and wipe the sauce on the corner of her lips with my thumb. "Thanks" she muttered.

"Why?"

"I don't know maybe because I don't want Tyler to be reminded of something that hurts him so much" she said, I want to ask more but I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, a comfortable silence enveloped us then she started talking again. "Four years agao Ty had a girlfriend, they were inseparable and so much in love or we thought she was" Rui walk towards the array of photo frames on the hallway and lift up photo of three teenagers, I recognize my wife's eye smile.

"The three of us were very protective of each other and no student back then was brave enough to come in between us but she was smart enought to attract Ty's attention when Rein and I aren't with him" she must probably talking about Tyler's ex-girlfriend. "Having no secrets between us he told us about her, at first Rein and I was happy that somebody had finally captured the alluring Tyler Hoechlin heart, the two eventually became a couple. Haley was very friendly, sweet and simple but Rein started to be suspicious with her just three months after their relationship became official."

"She was cheating on him?" I ask out loud.

"Not technically, she was using him for business connections and popularity, who wouldn't be famous if you're the only girl to capture the heart of the Tyler Hoechlin. To make the story short Tyler never played the piano again because that's how the two of them met, just hearing or seeing someone play the piano brings back the nightmare for Ty."

"And you being the kind of friend you are never played the piano again... until to tonight" she nodded. "Well then I guess I'll be hearing you play it now more often." 

"How about you? Why did you stop playing the guitar?"

"That" I said "is another story to tell some other time" I stand up and reach for her hand. "Let's go, I want to start the city tour early."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-