ACT # 14

Mìng yùn (Destiny)
 ACT 14

--------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for taking time to read! I really appreciate it.

 

"I see you're still acting all spoiled brat little Gabby" but Kris held me down before I attack her.

"Kris, you and your friends should go with Gabby at the studio, we'll follow as soon as we settle the bill" Jaejin said, Kris nods and took Rui's bag and leads her outside the restaurant without letting go of her hand. As soon as they got outside, she shrug off his hands.

"I'm sorry you have to see that, please tell my brother I'll meet them at the studio" she tooke her bag from Kris and rummage inside to get her car keys. "I'll see you at home, you guys be careful" when she turn towards the boys.

"You shouldn't have let noona drive like that" Sehun said when Rui's red Range Rover past them.

"She looks really upset Kris, should I call her?" Luhan said taking out his phone.

"I'll call her" he said and took her number from Luhan's and used his phone to call instead. Luhan smiled at little, he knows his friend is hurting right now, at least he has this Rui situation to distract him from it. "She's not picking up."

"Kris, I thought you went with Rui?" Jonghun came out from the restaurant, Jaejin and Minhwan from behind.

"Noona ran out on hyung" Kai said on behalf of his friend.

"Don't worry Jonghun she can take care of herself, we told her to come to the studio right? Maybe she's there already" Jaejin tried to assure his friend. Minhwan stepped forward and apologized for his rude behavior earlier.

"I'm really sorry if I acted that way earlier, I really look forward meeting you but unfortunately our first meeting was interrupted by a very unlikely arrival of someone not important."

"That's okay" Luhan smiled. "At least we know you're not being rude purposely."

"Certainly not, Gabby would have killed me if she thinks I'm being rude to her husband and his friends" Minhwan added, grinning. "I almost forgot to introduce myself, I am Choi Minhwan by the way."

"Minhwan we should get going before Gabby destroys your drum set."

"It's okay hyung, you can always get me a new one" he grins.

 

Kris found himself following his brother-in-law and his friends inside a music studio; his friends ditched him when he couldn't refuse their offer, he is her husband and he needs to make sure that she's okay.

"The receptionist said she's inside already" Minhwan said when he met him in front of the elevator. "Do you play Kris?"

"I used to play guitar when I was young but I don't play anymore" Kris replied shortly, they arrived in front of a huge glass window, he can see Rui inside hitting the drums furiously.

"You better order him a new set by tomorrow Jonghun" Jaejin said "if she continues to play like that she'll destroy the tom-toms and the bass."

Kris stares at his wife while she hits the drums wildly, it's his first time seeing his wife full of emotion and not the usual blank and emotionless face he's been seeing. Rui stopped playing and started walking towards the couch, Minhwan started laughing.

"Hyung, say goodbye to your bass" he said poiting to the couch, without a word Jaejin enters the studio and ran straight to the couch beating Rui to it, her eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh no you don't" Jaejin said firmly. "This one's your gift to me when we graduate from business school, destroy all my bass guitar at home but not this one."

Jonghun laugh beside Kris, more like a laugh of relief.

"She worked hard for the money she used to buy us presents when we graduated in business school back in England that's why Jaejin would kill anyone, even her,  if anything happens to that bass guitar" Jonghun explains. "Do you listen to rock music?" he nodded. "Let's go inside so you can see the other side of Gabby."

 

Kris isn't a hardcore fan of rock music but he listens to it from time to time, he's very much surprise to know taht his wife like that music genre, in addition to that she plays the guitar really good; he can't count the number of time his wife had surprised him since this morning.

"Hyung I'm starving" Minhwan said after playing the last song on the set. "Let's grab something from the restaurant across the street. Anything you want Gabby?"

"Double cheese burger and cola for me, how about you?" she said then looks at Kris.

"Same as yours" he simply said.

"Make it two double cheese burger but no mustard for his, cola and juice" she said.

 

Kris wasn't surprised anymore to know she knows that he doesn't want mustard in his burgers, he's just thankful that Rui know things about him, she has been nothinig but thoughtful and caring towards him and his friends and he hasn't seen it not until this morning, then he realized that ever since this morning, he haven't thought of his former love because of the things that happen to him because of Rui.

"Chou Rui, you're my breath of fresh air."

 

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-