Chapter 4: 21st Birthday.

Skool Luv Affair (Sequel : Be My Light)

It was a normal school day but it was also a special day for that particular person. Everyone was seated in their respective seats doing their own stuffs as the teacher was on sick leave.

Jin and Na Rae were doodling on each others’ desk while V and Jungkook were busy listening to their music. Their heads were bobbing along with the music. Jimin was in his own music world too as his body was moving along with groove. He was almost standing up from his seat and dance but he controlled.

Rapmon was back, wearing his sunglasses. It was necessary during classes as to not get caught for dozing off during lesson. He was fast asleep with his head on the desk and his mouth slightly opened. Na Rae suspected that he didn’t sleep at night and were off doing something else. She took a glance at Rapmon and shook her head.

His earphones were plugged into his ear but the music wasn’t playing. Jhope pretended there was music playing through his earphones as he quietly gazed at Na Rae. His heart started reacting weirdly again and he shifted his gaze to something else.

* Its my birthday for goodness sake… will I be able to confess but then she’s already with Jin… fat hope Jung Hoseok… you’ll just have a ish birthday this year... * Jhope thought.

He sighed and put his head on the table and closed his eyes. Na Rae’s phone vibrated and notification popped up. It was a reminder of Jhope’s birthday and she turned back to look at him but she thought he was sleeping. Before she could do anything, the bell rang for P.E.

“ Lets go sweetheart~ time for P.E~ “ Jin stated with a wink.

 

All of them changed out of their uniforms to their P.E clothes and headed to the field. Despite having the same partner for every P.E lesson, the teacher chose partners this time around and sadly, Jin was partnered up with Suga. Jimin was paired up with Rapmon while V and Jungkook. Jhope was paired with Na Rae.

He was glad that he got to be paired up with her. He was starting to like his day. “ aww that was one awkward pairing right there~ “ Jungkook giggled and pointed at Jhope and Na Rae. V high-fived Jungkook and pointed to another awkward pairing which was Jimin and Rapmon.

“ Shut up “ Rapmon hissed softly and rolled his eyes.

Everyone started by helping each other to stretch, including Jhope and Na Rae. She giggled when Jhope couldn’t balance himself with one leg and she laughed at herself for not able to balance with a leg too. * Cute * He thought.

“ Come on Hoseok oppa.. lets do it again… we can do it~ “ She chirped tried to balance again. He smiled.

Suga looked over at the two of them. “ mann I wish I was partnered with Na Rae~ “ He envied, earning a smack by Jin.

“ hey pal~ at least our first kiss was each other~ “ Suga smiled disgustingly. He was liking it and Jin rolled his eyes.

The teacher blew the whistle for them to get ready for situps. Jhope was first while she supported his leg. * … Im doomed. My heart is thumping so fast Im going crazy.. * He thought as he did his situps. She was so near to him and the way she held and supported his legs made him had butterflies in his stomach.

Time was super slow and it was Na Rae’s turn. Jhope supported her leg and kinda blushed a little. The whistle blew again and she did her situps. His heart thumped against his chest as she did every single situps. Her face went up so close to his and back down again.

“ Happy Birthday Jhope~ “ She wished him as she did her last one.

He smiled and thanked her. * She… remembered my birthday * He thought and softened. The rest came over and Jin hold her hand and took her to the water cooler and Jhope sighed.

“ Jhope hyung~ what do you want for your birthday today? I remembered your birthday okay~ “ Jungkook chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows.

* I want Na Rae * He thought. He had the answer.

“ Buy me something good and expensive~ “ Jhope smirked.

Jungkook gasped and V laughed together with Jimin. Rapmon high-fived Jhope. “ anything would do Jungkook~ it’s the heart that really matters~ so anything Jungkook~ and I’ll be really happy “ He said and swung his arm around the maknae’s neck and left to the canteen.

“ How was it with Jhope? First time huh~ isn’t it “ Jin asked.

She shrugged as she drank the water from the cooler. Jin slipped his hand on her waist and pulled her closer and kissed his girl by the cooler. She smiled and blushed as they kissed. She felt dizzy too. * only you Jin. Only you could make me feel this way * She thought as she melted with his kisses and enjoyed the kiss.

 

Later at night, their house was decorated with colourful stuffs and balloons and lots of food on the table. They were celebrating Jhope’s birthday and Suga kept taking photos. It was photo spam. Jhope leaned in and wiped the cookie crumbs off the corner of her lips and she blinked. Never did Jhope do anything like that before. It was the first. “ Thanks “ She smiled. He smiled and his heart fluttered.

They sang “ Happy Birthday “ and made a wish before blowing the candles off. Jimin cut the cake up and served the cake to the rest. Rapmon was feeling high than usual, laughing and rapping like crazy. Suga was too engrossed in taking photos while Jungkook was engrossed with the fried food.

“ Too much coke~ “ V rolled his eyes.

“ Yeah~ that one big bottle was down into his stomach.. “ Jimin shrugged and shook his head and laughed. Jin was eating the cake and Na Rae left to the toilet.

Jhope followed after her. He waited for her outside the toilet.

“ I never get to say this directly to you but Im really sorry for what happened last year. If it wast me “ He was cut off by her. She hugged him and tightly.

“ Its over now… nobody’s at fault… it’s the present and the future now Jhope oppa… don’t think too much and enjoy your birthday “ She stated.

Jhope softened and smiled and his heart thumped. “ yeah… “

 

It was present time and all six of them gave him presents. Of course, Na Rae gave him his present too. It was a men’s bracelet.

“ woahhhh~ yah na rae ah~ everyday’s my birthday so give me a gift everyday okay~ “ Suga winked and blew kisses to her.

The party ended and they went to clean up ad did their own things. Na Rae was on his bed with her head on his chest and fingers interlocked with each others’. “ so what are you going to give me for my birthday? “ Jin asked as he snuggled up her neck and inhaled her scent. Her vanilla and strawberry scent.

“ its still a long way to go~ “ Na Rae stated bluntly.

“ yeah.. and we’ll be together for a very very long time~ “ Jin said softly as he kissed the back of her hand.

“ yeah… goodnight Jin… im going back to my room “ Na Rae said.

“ yahhh~ sleep here tonight okay “ Jin wrapped his hands around her body, making her laugh.

“ alright alright… I’ll sleep with you tonight “ She smiled and he kissed her again.

Jhope layed in his bed with a smile. * Thanks Jang Na Rae… It’s the best day today… thanks for the gift too.. I love you.. best birthday I had ever. * He thought and gently touched the bracelet on his wrist.