Chapter 17: Empty.

Skool Luv Affair (Sequel : Be My Light)

The butterfiles flew on the windowsill and the bird chirped. It was a cloudy morning. Since that day of that incident, Jin was back to his old self, that cold and quiet guy she used to know. Maybe a little better.

He gave her a smile and pulled her into a hug. Her head rested on his firm chest and his fingers played with her long silky hair. He inhaled her vanilla strawberry scent. * Let me be in your arms like this forever, Kim Seokjin. * She thought and smiled. She was in a happy bliss.

“ Jin… “

“ Hmmm? “ He responded while he continued playing with her hair.

Na Rae took a deep breathe. “ Are you alright? You know you can tell me anything baby “ She stated as she gave a peck on his neck.

“ …. Yeah Im fine sweetheart… don’t worry “ Jin replied and lifted her head up to meet his, leaning in for a kiss.

The kiss was soft, slow and gentle, making her melt at his touch. He smiled inbetween the kisses. * I wish time could stop right now * He thought. She smiled inbetween the kisses too. * Forever together * She thought.

They were in their little kissing world, they didn’t heard the knock on the door. Jhope and Jungkook turned the knob and opened the door, witnessing everything. Jungkook blushed at the sight of the couple kissing while Jhope felt like his heart was being torn apart.

Jhope cleared his throat and closed the door back. Jungkook whined. “ yah… I wanna see~ “ He complained. He was fantasizing it, he wanted to kiss Hyojin.

“ There’s nothing to see Kookie~ let them be~ respect their privacy~ “ Jhope didn’t feel good. He rolled his eyes and trudged to the kitchen and pouring himself a glass of water.

He drank the water and sighed. He felt empty, he wants a partner too. But then again, if he really got inbetween Jin and Na Rae, wouldn’t he feel bad? Futhermore, Jin was the first to confess. “ why do I have to see such a sight “ He muttered under his breathe. The kissing scene of the both of them reenact in his mind.

Jimin skipped happily to the kitchen and appeared before Jhope. “ see what sight? Is there something interesting that I missed out? “ Jimin asked with a smile as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“ Nothing~ go away~ “ Jhope put the cup into the sink and exited the kitchen.

 

The bell rang twice that day as the principal thought the speaker was spoilt. Grumbles were heard and cursings to the principal were heard too. The news spread fast and everyone in the school knows about Jin and Kidoh being twins. Jin furrowed his eyebrows together as he walked through the hallway with Suga.

Suga’s face showed it all that he didn’t like all the murmurs and gossips as they walked passed. He slightly rolled his eyes, his face maintained a cold, lifeless expression. He softened when they bumped into Hyojin. Suga was lost in words.

“ oh! annyeonghaseyo! “ She smiled.

Jin just smiled. Hyojin smiled even more. * He smiled at me…. The face of Bangtan smiled at me * She thought.

“ ne… annyeong.. “ Suga greeted her back with a little smile.

She smiled back and bidded goodbye. Her smiles made his heart thumped loud and fast against his chest. He turned around to find her talking to Jungkook and he felt empty and jealous at the same time. * damn. It was all good at first. Why cant I even have a proper conversation with you now * He thought, placing his palm over his chest, listening to his heartbeat and shook his head.

Suga highfived Rapmon and sat down. Rapmon missed all the commotion back there that day. He was back at home sleeping all day.

Na Rae looked over at the empty seat beside her. * I don’t know what happened between you and Jin but I hope you’re alright… * She thought, placing her pen on the table.

Class has began for half an hour, almost an hour. The seat beside her remained empty. She was distracted. * is he alright? Afterall, He’s Jin’s twin brother… * She thought and stole a glance at Jin right infront of the teacher’s table. Jimin was falling asleep.

* maybe he wasn’t feeling well… * She thought and left her seat as the bell rang for break.

After that day, Hyojin was always invited to join Bangtan and Na Rae for break. Of course, at the canteen. Na Rae wouldn’t let her anywhere near her hideout for sure.

Even thought Hyojin was kindhearted and cheerful, she didn’t like the presense of another girl. She didn’t want Na Rae to be there. Of course, girls just want to be the only girl around a group of guys.

She sat between Suga and Jungkook. Jungjook was smiley and happy, in a good mood, always starting the conversation while Suga was quiet and flirty sometimes around her.

Everyone was laughing at Jimin and V’s jokes. Suga and Jhope were munching on their bread.

Na Rae laughed too and something caught her eyes. She leaned in and wiped the crumbs off away Suga’s lips, making his heart skipped a beat. She smiled.

Jungkook puckered his lips for her. “ Hyojin ah~~~ what about me… “ He whined cutely. Hyo Jin giggled and ignored him. Suga couldn’t take the sudden skinship and went off to the gents.

Jin and Na Rae were in their own world. Small talks and whisperes and Jin would occasionally wiped the crumbs off of her lips. He leaned in wiping the cream away. Hyojin saw everything and she didn’t felt good.

* maybe they’re really close. I don’t wanna sound mean but she isn’t pretty…… why is the face of Bangtan so close to a normal girl.. * She thought and sipped her juice.

 

On the other hand, Kidoh spent the whole day at home and was off to his kindergarten. All his memories were there. His memories, good memories with Jin, his precious twin brother. He sighed as he trudged into the compound towards the little playground at the side of the foyer.

Memories ran through his mind and he yearned for them. For once, he felt empty and regretted on what he did back then. The kindergarten was no longer in use but it was opened for people to take a look and wander around.

He remembered how Jin used to be by his side, remembered how he was always protected behind Jin, and how because of Jin, he was also kinda accepted among his friends.

Those were the happy days where both of them, the identical twins survived and spent day by day.

Tears rolled down and wet his face. Hot tears. * Back to square one, Im still alone. Im alone. Always alone. Somehow, really, maybe I wasn’t mean for this world… maybe like omma said, im just a jinx… or something…… * He thought and sat on the rocking horse and cried his sadness and loneliness away.