Chapter 16: Friends. Enemy.

Skool Luv Affair (Sequel : Be My Light)

The sun was scorching hot and there was a long queue at the drink stall and the vending machine. Some came to school late and some were punctual. Bangtan was in school except for Rapmon. He wanted to stay in bed. Say it, he was tired and lazy. Jin was the last to leave for school because of that dream he had last night.

Hyo Jin was in the queue to buy drinks too and Jungkook popped out of nowhere beside her. He gave her one of his charming smile, hopping to charm her. “ hey~ getting a drink? “ He asked.

She nodded and greeted her sunbae with a smile.

“ Just call me Jungkook would do~ maybe add an Oppa behind it “ Jungkook whispered the last part and added a wink. HyoJin smiled and nodded.

Jungkook’s heart went upside down like a roller coaster. He had never been in a  relationship before and he wanted to be in it now because of Hyojin. The golden maknae has really grown up a lot.

It was her turn and she ordered a bottle of orange juice and ordered an apple juice for Jungkook.

“ this is for you… Jungkook sun- “ She paused as Jungkook was staring at her with his eyebrow raised. She wanted to call him sunbaenim.

“ Jungkook oppa.. “ She smiled shyly.

Jungkook took the apple juice from her and thanked her. “ well… you didn’t have to… my treat next time okay…. “ He stated with a smile.

Hyojin smiled and left the queue together with him. He put his hand in his pocket and the orange juice in the other hand. His heart was palpitating hard.

“ so er…. We’re friends now right? “ Jungkook asked. He was hopping that she would say yes.

“ yeah… we’re friends now “ She giggled.

Jungkook felt like he was in heaven and he smiled. He couldn’t stop smiling. V and Jimin spotted the both of them and headed towards them.

“ oh look who’s here~ “ Jimin chuckled with his cresent like eyes.

“ annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim “ She greeted them too.

Automatically, smiles were formed on their faces. They chuckled. Soon after, Jhope and Suga joined in their conversation. Suga went quiet when he saw her. His heart reacted weirdly and he felt uncomfortable. Jhope nudged him and asked if he asked if he was okay, Suga nodded and reassured him.

Suga looked around and Na Rae was out of their sight. He furrowed his eyebrows together and glanced around. * Na Rae ah where have you been… come save me * Suga thought. Jhope looked around and realised Na Rae wasn’t there.

“ have you guys seen Na Rae? “ Jhope asked.

They shook their heads. Hyojin blinked. “ who’s Na Rae? “ She asked curiously. Just when, Jungkook was about to answer, Jin found them and approached them.

“ yo hyung~~~ “ Suga and Jhope greeted.

“ Is Namjoon hyung still sleeping? “ V asked and rolled his eyes. Jin nodded and kept his hands in his pocket.

Hyojin greeted Jin with a smile. She was happy to see Jin. Afterall, Jin was the face of Bangtan and girls definitely love him.

“ Have you eaten Jin sunbae? “ Hyojin asked.

Jin was surprised to hear that question from her and he nodded with a small smile. Suga couldn’t control anymore. He thought he might get sick if he stays there any longer. * Damn… this feeling is weird…….. what is happening * He thought. He sighed a little.

“ Where’s Na Rae ? “ He asked Jin. Hyojin was really curious of who Na Rae was.

“ She’s with the principal…. Monthly checkup-on-narae thing~ “ Jin shrugged.

The five of them formed and ‘0’ shape with their mouth. “ well alright… I’ll go look for her… you guys just wait for us at the usual place for our break~ “ Suga stated. Jin nodded. “ tell her Im getting the same usual thing for her~ “ He added and left together with the rest, including Hyojin. Jimin, V and Jungkook were most excited ones.

Suga went the other way to the principal’s office. He couldn’t get Hyojin out of his mind. He put his hand over his heart and shook his head. * don’t think too much Min Yoongi…. She’s just another random girl * He thought.

He waited outside the principal’s office for Na Rae. “ yah~ they’re all waiting for us at the canteen and Jin bought the usual for you~ “ Suga smiled and fixed her bangs.

“ oh! Yoongi oppa~ keke~ alright lets go~ but why canteen? I thought we hate the canteen? “ She raised her eyebrow and questioned him.

“ Because of her~ “ SUga pointed to Hyojin who was sitting between Jungkook and Jimin and shrugged.

Na Rae blinked. “ ah…. I see… “ She said. She didn’t know why but the existence of another girl made her uncomfortable. Never in her highschool years had she had a female friend. Come to think of it, she was friendless. She was friendzoned by the others because of Blockb.

Her gaze shifted to Jin who was sitting beside Jhope and spotted the empty space beside Jin. She immediately went and sat down beside Jin. Bangtan greeted her smiles. Hyojin greeted Na Rae too.

“ ah… so she was Na Rae sunbaenim.. “ Hyojin smiled. * why does everyone look so happy around her? Seemed like everyone likes her…. * She thought and she looked at Jin. She saw Jin smiling to her, whispering into each others’ ears.

* They looked close * She thought and was distracted by Jimin. Suga sat beside Jungkook and kept quiet again.

 

The bell rang and they bidded goodbye to Hyojin and went on separate ways. Jin and Na Rae walked in hand in hand and they were smiling at each other. Jin gave a little squeeze on her hand as he didn’t want to separate with her. He saw Kidoh at his seat and sighed, leaning in for a kiss and off to his table while Na Rae took her seat beside Kidoh.

“ hey~ “ He smiled.

Na Rae gave him a small smile while she took her notebook out and the teacher walked in.

“ open page 150. Lets see who didn’t bring their textbooks…. You’ll be called out and be punished outside of the class… “ She stated and smirked.

Almost everyone brought their textbooks, including Bangtan. It was a rare sight. Even Kidoh has it. Of course, they just stored up everything under their desks. Unfortunately, luck wasn’t on Na Rae’s side. Her textbook was at home. She thought she didn’t need it as the previous years and the previous teachers had hardly used them.

“ damn.. “ She whispered and rolled her eyes. Jimin was the first to realise that she didn’t had her textbook and passed the message to the rest of his mates.

Jin wanted to help her but Kidoh was ahead of him.

Kidoh glanced over at her and quietly pushed his textbook over to her and raised his hand. “ me. I left my book at home “ He stood up and shrugged. Na Rae blinked at his fast and sudden action. 

The teacher raised her eyebrow. “ Since Jin Hyosang is still new here I shall close one eye. You may share it with your desk partner. Kidoh smiled and sat down.

“ why did you do that? You could get into trouble “ Na Rae questioned with his eyebrows furrowed together.

“ well… I didn’t get to trouble “ Kidoh smiled again.

“ thanks anyway “

 

Jin was super pissed already but he controlled, along with Bangtan. Kidoh looked at Jin and turned to the next page. * you wouldn’t want your girl to be punished would you? * He thought.

The teacher put the chalk down and packed her things and left when the bell rang. Kidoh took sweets out and passed it to Na Rae.

“ Here… for you. Have some~ its really tasty “ Kidoh handed the sweets to her.

Before Na Rae could even take the sweets, Jin came grabbing him on the collar.

“ what the are you thinking Jin Hyosang…. Stop messing around… get out of my life~ what the do you think you’re doing, giving her sweets, what was that back there just now? Just why the are you here “ Jin snapped angrily with cold scary eyes, grabbing his collar hard.

“ calm down “ Jhope said.

“ if I don’t help her? She will be punished outside the class… you wouldn’t want that right? “ Kidoh stated.

“ I hate every single thing about you Kidoh… leave my girl alone “ Jin bellowed and gave him a hard punch at him, causing Kidoh to sway abit. He almost fell, his face almost hit the floor.

Jin grabbed him up by his collar again and looked at him in the eye. “ NO matter what you do or what you say, Im not going to forgive you. Never ever. Over my dead body. Just disappear out of my life Hyosang ah… “ Jin was so angry. Because of that one thing happened years ago, he hated his twin for life.

Kidoh’s eyes were red. He was holding his tears. “ …h….hyung ah… “ He bit his lips, trying to control his tears.

* Hyung ah? Why is Kidoh calling Jin …hyung? I knowthey had known each other before. Whole bangtan knows him before but were they that close to call each other by hyung and dongsaeng? * Na Rae thought curiously and suspiciously.

“ Stay away. Just go live your life like before. Disappear as far as you can…. Stop messing around and getting into my life. “ Jin stated, loosen his grip on his collar.

“ Take care of Na Rae…. “ Jin told his mates and threw the sweets into the litter bin on his way out.

A tear slipped down onto Kidoh’s cheeks and he quickly wiped it away. He didn’t say anything, and took his bag and left too without saying goodbye to her.

For the rest of the day, it was only five of them, V, Jungkook, Suga, Jhope and Jimin, including Na Rae. The six of them were at the hideout. Na Rae was speechless. She was on the couch and so many things going through in her mind.

“ tell me everything about that Kidoh guy. Whats your relationship with him. Why is Jin so mad at him… this doesn’t makes sense. “ Na Rae wanted to know the truth. She just wants the truth like before.

V and Suga swallowed their saliva. Jimin, Jungkook and Jhope didn’t know where to start. The atmosphere was tense.

“ okay one by one. How long have you guys know each other? “ She asked.

“ 10 over years… probably even more. Since like when we’re 7? I don’t remember… but its years… “ Jhope answered her first question.

Na Rae seemed satisfied and Jhope sighed in relief. “ okay… so he’s not his age too… Like how you guys aren’t…. so how old is he? “ She asked the second question with her arms crossed against her chest.

* our Na Rae is sure clever… nothing hides from her… * All five of them thought.

“ He’s the same age as Jin “ V replied.

Na Rae was surpised but she maintained her image. V and Jhope highfived each other as they were safe from the questioning.

“ whats the relationship between you guys? “

“ Just friends… nothing else… “ Suga replied and shrugged., rolling his eyes.

Na Rae didn’t buy that off. “ friends?....... you guys don’t look like you had friends…. “ She stated sarcastically.

“ friends huh~ so whats the relationship between Jin and Kidoh? Like maybe they were cousins or long lost relative or something…. They were suspicious since that day during P.E. oh maybe not… since the day when they vomited “ She rolled her eyes. She wanted to get to the bottom of everything.

“ Twins “ Jungkook mumbled.

“ what? … what did you say Jungkookie…. Say it again… “

Jungkook shook his head and nudged on Jhope to save him but Jhope just ignored.  

“ Say it. “ She hissed. Jimin shook his head. He didn’t dare.

“ alright alright! I’ll say it! They’re twins…. Jin and Kidoh are ing twins! You happy now?“ Suga told the truth.

Her eyes widdened at the truth. “ what the ?!TWINS? THEY’RE TWINS? “ She couldn’t believed it. Now that she pieced everything together, it actually made sense now that they’re twins.

“ this is unbelievable. What did Kidoh do, making Jin so angry, he looked like he wanted to kill him. “ She asked.

All of them shrugged. “ Alright but they’re twins… shouldn’t they care for each other and understand each other? “ She asked curiously.

“ its enough… lets stop here for today mannn…. Ohgoshhh “ Suga rolled his eyes.