Chapter 9

The Other Girl


"Lu Han oppaaaaaaa!" Nayoung jumped on his bed, grabbing his pillow and rolled around with a high pitched squeal. 

The said male rubbed his temples, trying to keep a headache at bay, "What." 

"Thankyou so much!" The ecstatic girl squealed again, flailing her limbs around and making a mess. 

He growled under his breath. That was probably the millionth time she had said that by now. He starting to seriously regret helping her with her project. If he had known that she would be this annoying he would have never helped her in the first place. The male suppressed the urge to throw her out the window when she rolled around on his bed again. 

He hated when people touched his bed. Absolutely hated it. Did she not know that? 

"Nayoung get out!" He stormed over and literally kicked her off the bed. She landed on the carpeted floor with a loud thud. 

The girl rubbed her back a bit, but her stupid grin didn't disappear, "Ow that hurt." 

"Seriously get out and leave me alone." He roughly shoved her out the door and slammed it behind him before the girl could protest. Lu Han sighed in relief when a dull silence filled his ears, dragging himself back to his desk and getting back onto his laptop. It seemed to become a daily routine. Everyday, he would come home to see Nayoung on his bed. He'd try to ignore her until he couldn't take it anymore and then he'd kicked her out. He would have a few hours of peace, and then it would happen all over again the next day. He tried to lock her out, but then she'd just bang on the door and annoy him until he let her in. That was also a strange thing he noticed, she'd annoy him until he couldn't take it anymore, and then she'd leave. She always stayed until he was just about fuming, but she would always leave before he got really mad. If he kicked her out beforehand, she's just barge back in. It was confusing, he never quite understood how her mind worked.

There was also that incident with Woohyun and Minyoung. Lu Han had asked about it as soon as he got home, but she didn't give him a clear explanation. She just fell silent. When he tried to pry into the issue, Nayoung glared at him with such intensity that he fell silent. And then he caught a flash of emotion that froze him on the spot. It was only there for a second, but he caught a glimpse of loneliness in her eyes. And that had been bothering him the whole week. 
His mind drifted off toward the younger girl's direction, his memory still fresh with the image of the patch of purple on her usually fair skin. That bruise had appeared at around the same time as that incident between her and Minyoung and her boyfriend Woohyun. He had cringed when he saw it, its was such a dark murky purple, almost blue. And it was ugly. He wasn't sure if it was a big bruise either, he had never been able to see it properly because it'd always get covered up by her sleeve. Did she get into a fight with someone? Lu Han shook his head to clear his thoughts that had already begun to wonder again.

 Nayoung was so strange. In an annoying way, because he'd find himself pondering over it before he slept every night, and he didn't want to be thinking about her. She made him so curious, and he didn't want to be curious. She stirred up emotions in him which he didn't want to stir. 

_________

Nayoung giggled childishly, bitting down on her finger to contain her large grin. She felt like such a fangirl. Why was her heart fluttering when all he did was kick her off the bed shove her out of his room? And why was she so damn happy? It had been days since her assignment was due, and she was still spazzing about the fact that he had helped her. She still couldn't quite believe it herself. He had actually gone out of his way to give her a hand. She had also noticed that the time she was spending in his room was increasing. At first, he would have thrown her out in the first few minutes. Today she had stayed in his room for just over an hour. She wondered if he was getting used to it, and was learning to ignore her. Or that she was just getting less annoying. She hoped for the second. 

Nayoung ran down the stairs and flicked on the TV. She had been so occupied with thoughts of Lu Han she had almost forgotten that her favourite music show was starting. A wide grin spread across her features as the show started. She was so excited for this episode, especially because it was a special episode and all her favourite idols were performing. The girl grabbed a large packet of chips from the kitchen and threw herself on the couch, preparing herself for an hour of amazing awesomeness. 

Her attention was caught when she heard the tinkering of keys by the doorway. 
She averted her attention from the screen to the hallway, "Lu Han oppa, where are you going?" 

He replied with a short answer, not meeting her eyes as he fiddled with the keys, "Out." 

"With who?" Nayoung's attention had completely left the TV now. 

"Kyungmi." Lu Han looked away uncomfortably when he noticed the smile she had been wearing the whole day had disappeared. 

"You can't go!" The girl jumped from the couch and ran to him just before he opened the door to leave. She clung onto his arm tightly and refused to let go. Lu Han tried his best to shake her off, but she stuck to him like a leech. He groaned in annoyance. She was seriously testing his patience. Why was this girl so damn irritating? Couldn't he even go out in peace? Nayoung grabbed his sleeve, refusing stubbornly when he tried to leave again. He was seriously starting to loose it now. He shot daggers and the girl, who only looked back at him with an ignorant defiant one. And that caused his blood boil even more. 

"Nayoung. Let go." The doe eyed male blinked in surprise by the harshness in his voice, it felt like someone else's altogether. But it seemed that it had no effect because The stubborn git was still grabbing onto his sleeve like her life depended on it. He sighed frustratedly, this was his favourite shirt, and by the looks of it, he'd probably never wear it again. She had pretty much murdered the material. It was all stretched and wrinkled up like an old cleaning rag that had been used for over five years. 

"Only if you let me go with you." 

Lu Han turned to her as if she had uttered the dumbest question he had ever heard. 

What. She was kidding right? 

Did she really expect him to take her along on a date? And let her upset Kyungmi? He wasn't really sure if she was joking or if she was just really stupid. He had to bite his bottom lip to force a sarcastic laugh from coming up his throat. What made it so hilarious was that there was no hint of humour on the girl's face. She was dead serious, completely determined to follow him around no matter where he went or what he did. It was just so funny how Nayoung was so naive, it almost seemed like she had no common sense. 

But then again, she probably didn't.

Lu Han supressed a chuckle, but then stopped when he remembered what situation he was in. He was feeling frustrated just a minute ago, so why was he so amused right now? That was something that was also becoming a common occurrence. His mood just kept changing. One minute he wanted to throw a brick at the girl, then the next minute he wanted to comfort her. Sometimes he even felt things he couldn't even identify. It was like he was on an emotional roller coaster, or like having one foot in cold water, while the other in hot water. It was all so contradicting because he would be amused and annoyed at the same time, happy yet frustrated, he'd hate her but he couldn't. 

Ugh. 

Even he was pissed off at himself for being so fickle. 

The doe eyed male took a deep breathe to erase all this thoughts from his mind. Now was not the time to think about this. He had to figure out how to get rid of this parasite that was currently destroying his shirt. 

He his lips mischievously, "Okay, okay fine. You can come with me." Her eyes lit up like a child at an amusement park, and her grip on his shirt loosened considerably. 

"Really?" She looked up at him hopefully, excitement dancing on her facial features. 

"Nahh, Just kidding." He yanked his arm away swiftly and ran out the front door. Making sure to slam it shut and run away before Nayoung could respond. He leaped into his car and drove off in a hurry. The faster he got away the better. Lu Han blew a sigh of relief, his muscles relaxing, the tension leaving his shoulders. 

He had gotten away from hell, he was safe. That is, until he got back again. 

 

_______

Hello my lovely readers! 

I rushed to finish this chapter, so it's not exactly the best.. I'm sorry guys :(
Schools starting to catch up to me and I'm getting busier, so just a warning in advance that I may not be able to update as frequently. I'll try my best though :) 

Once again thanks for everyone that subscribed, commented etc. 

Special thanks to AinJunnie, BasketballLuss and stessy_your_bestie for upvoting!