Chapter 18

The Other Girl

 

Lu Han turned his head in the direction of the door of his room when he heard the distant rattle of keys downstairs. It was 6 o'clock in the evening, which meant Nayoung had probably just gotten home. He turned back to his open laptop, frowning in thought, contemplating whether or not he should start a new game of League of Legends. In half an hour the Harry Potter marathon would start on TV, and he wasn't sure if his game would finish in time.  

He strained his ears to see if he could pick up a clue as to where the girl had gone, but the male couldn't make the inaudible murmurs into words.  Nayoung always disappeared every Saturday for hours, and the she'd come back in the evening in a frighteningly good mood. He'd questioned her and attempted to find out when she went, but the stubborn git never told him where she went, even when he asked hundreds of times. 

Lu Han was snapped from his thoughts by a loud exclaim of 'Lu Han oppa I'm home!' 

He laughed at her screech and opened the door to his room to yell back down to her. "I'm up here!" 


~~~~


When the doe eyed male made his way downstairs, he was surprised to see that Nayoung had already made herself comfortable, sitting on his spot on the couch. He made a face unconsciously, how dare that girl take his spot on the couch.

Nayoung crossed her arms with a smug grin, obviously proud of the fact that she had taken away Lu Han's favourite place on the lounge chair. The girl wriggled in her seat, getting into a more comfortable position, enjoying the satisfaction of annoying him. She understood why Lu Han always sat here now. It was insanely comfortable, and the TV was positioned in such an angle that no matter where you leaned or moved, there was never any glare off lights or sunlight through the window. It was the perfect spot. She stretched her limbs in content, smirking in response to Lu Han's 'move-your--you're-in-my-spot' glare. 

"What are you doing down here?" The male sat down beside her on the couch—that was the second best spot— and rested his head on the pillows. 

"Waiting for the Harry Potter marathon." There was a 'ding' from the kitchen, causing the girl to shoot up and run to the kitchen, "Oh right! The popcorn." 

Lu Han took the chance to take his place on the couch back. Nayoung came back a few seconds later with a humungous bowl of popcorn in her hands. The deers eyes widened, slightly startled by the size of the crucible that was filled to the brim with popcorn. "Can you even eat all that?" He made a motion toward the bowl, "It's pretty much twice the size of your head." 

She grinned at him happily, "You'll help me then. Now get out of my spot on the couch. Or I'll sit on you." She narrowed her eyes at him, feigning anger. 

Lu Han only stared back, eyes challenging. When the girl realised he wasn't going to budge, she marched over and sat down beside him, making sure to make him as uncomfortable as it could get. She swung her legs onto the couch and leaned back against him, she craned her neck so that that half of his view would be covered by her head. Lu Han sighed and pushed her away, smiling secretly to himself at her childishness. 

Aigoo, this idiot. 

"Yah, Nayoung your head's in the way," Lu Han raised an eyebrow at her questioningly, trying his best to keep the smile from blooming on his face. 

"But it's comfortable here." Lu Han just stared at her expressionlessly, waiting for her to admit that she was probably in the most awkward position of all time. Any human being could tell she'd develop back pains from staying in that position. "Just admit the fact that you're just trying to-" 

She cut him off by slapping a hand over her face, "Sshhhh, the movies starting." Her attention had completely left him, totally captured by the dramatic music playing from the TV screen. Her eyes twinkled in anticipation as she dug into the popcorn. 

Lu Han glanced at Nayoung out of the corner of his eye, a little longer than necessary, and then fixated his eyes on the movie, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He took a quick sneak at his watch. It was around 6:30, and if the movies went for 2 hours each, that meant 16 hours. He frowned a little, could they even stay up that late? But he shrugged it off without even a moments hesitation. There was no school tomorrow, no big deal. 

In a few minutes both occupants of the couch were completely consumed in the movie. 
Nayoung's eyes widened as the movie grew more intense, even though she had watched it a billion times before, it always felt like she was watching it for the first time. She hadn't even noticed how close she was to Lu Han, or the fact that she had been leaning on him the whole time. 

"Omo oppa they're so adorable." Nayoung pointed to the children in the film and grinned. He chuckled when she made a loud 'awwww' sound at Harry, Ron and Hermione. They were watching the chamber of secrets now. 

"They're not that cute." Nayoung turned to him looking like he had just thrown the biggest insults in the world. 

 "What? But they're so small and loveable. How can you not find that adorable? Well until their second year at least."   

"How many times have you watched this again? You pretty much know the whole script off by heart." Lu Han rolled his eyes, seeing the words along with the characters. 

The girl turned a bit to face him, biting her lip in thought for a while. "Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've seen it more that five times?" She looked at him, slightly unsure. 

Lu Han flicked her forehead to get her to stop staring at him so adorably, "Wow, you were so excited that I thought you'd never seen the series until today." 

Nayoung flicked some popcorn into his face, laughing when Lu Han made a face. "Oh my god oppa why are you so ugly." She laughed shamelessly again, pointing a finger at him with tears in her eyes. 

They turned to each other grinning widely. Both seeming to have temporarily forgotten about the movie. Lu Han's gaze travelled to her eyes, they were a deep honey brown, complimented perfectly by her long thick lashes. He hadn't noticed how pretty her eyes were, but now he was close, he could see how beautiful they were. Her eyes seemed shine so innocently. It took Lu Han a few long moments to realise how insanely close he was to her. He felt his heart jump at the short distance between them, immediately breaking eye contact with the girl. 

Lu Han could see the her in his peripheral vision, and for a moment he willed himself to ignore the racing of his heart. He was suddenly aware that their shoulders were touching, and that they were leaning against each other. 

Could Nayoung please stop fidgeting? He poked a tongue to his cheek. Why was he even so flustered? And why wasn't he pushing her away like he usually would? It wasn't that hard to just nudge her away, push her a few centimeters away from him, or maybe move away himself. It wasn't hard at all, it would probably be more comfortable anyway. But despite his thoughts though, Lu Han didn't move away. He was just too lazy to, he told himself. 


_________


Nayoung felt her face grow hot and she turned away her head shyly. Had she been this close to him the whole time? Did she only notice it now? Her heart was beating so fast she thought she'd have a heart attack. This was the closest she'd been to him ever, and Nayoung could tell she was just growing redder with the number of butterflies in her stomach. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, her heart was beating so loudly it was almost deafening. The girl forced herself to focus on the movie, hoping the dim light would hide her flaming cheeks.

 


~~~~

 

Nayoung let out a yawn, feeling her eyes droop, struggling to stay awake. The girl knew she was loosing focus. She didn't even know what was happening in the movie, or what movie they were up to anymore. She had been nodding in and out of sleep for the past hour. The flashy flames and sparkling spells weren't enough to catch her attention. Her mind was slipping out of consciousness, but she was too tired to care. Before she knew it, her mind had switched off, and she felt her eyes close. The dull static of the TV fading away into the distance until it became nothing. 

~~~~

Lu Han turned his head slightly when he felt a weight hit his shoulder. A knowing smile traced his lips, the girl had finally fallen asleep. The male had noticed she was half asleep as soon as there was no reaction during Sirius Black's death. She was usually so overly energetic and made a big deal out of everything, so he knew something was up when she didn't even stir. Lu Han felt like he shouldn't just let her lean on him, it didn't seem quite right considering that if anyone saw them they'd look like a couple. When they weren't. But the deer couldn't bring himself to move away. Instead, he adjusted his position so that she would be more comfortable. Today could be the exception. 

The male grabbed the blanket at her feet and pulled it up to her neck, his fingers gently running through her silken hair. His nose tingled, the light fragrance of her shampoo filling his senses. It was a sweet, soft scent; strawberries. His eyes softened, the gentle smile on his lips not seeming to leave. 

Lu Han could feel her light rhythmic breathing beside him, and he himself relaxed along with her slow heart beats. He wasn't sure what was wrong with him. Her soft breaths were like a lullaby, soothing him and lulling him to sleep, but at the same time he felt so nervous that he thought his heart would jump out of his chest. He felt awkward, but comfortable, was it normal to feel both at the same time? He shrugged, he didn't mind, it was kind of a nice feeling. 

The male rested his head on top of hers, and without even knowing it, Lu Han fell asleep along side her. 

~~~~

The blinding morning sunlight penetrating the window was the reason Lu Han woke up. He forced his eyes to open against the whiteness in the room, rubbing them tiredly with the sleeve of his shirt.   He realised after a few moments that Nayoung wasn't next to him. The male felt a weight drop on his shoulders, oh no. That meant she woke up before him, and here he was hoping he would be able to sneak away before she woke up. 

Lu Han stood up from the couch, taking off the blanket that had wound up draped over him. He smiled a little when he folded the blanket up, Nayoung had probably given it to him when she woke up. He rearranged the pillows into order again and made his way up stairs. The dread slowly kicking into his system, he would never be able to live this down. 

His suspicions were proven correct when Nayoung came down the stairs, a lot more energetic than usual, a giant grin plastered on her shining face. Everything about her was screaming out rainbows and sunshine.  He instantly felt a surge of regret, why had he decided to do that yesterday? Why hadn't he acted the way he normally would? He hadn't even thought about his stupidity last night, but now, seeing the queenka walking towards him, all he could think about was what an idiot he had been. 

Nayoung stopped a few feet away from him, smirking in satisfaction as if she just won some magnificent prize. The girl didn't utter a word, but the look on her face said it all. She was absolutely bathing in the satisfaction. The male sighed, she was probably going to annoy him for weeks about how 'Lu Han oppa falling for me was inevitable' and that 'it was bound to happen sometime' 

Lu Han turned away from her 'i-know-what-you-did-don't-deny-it' smirk, coughing loudly a few times to cover up his awkward embarrassment. He knew from that cocky smirk that he'd never hear the end of it. 

But even so, there was a small part of him that wanted to smile. 

 

 

_________

Hello my readers. I'm back. I know I said that last time and I actually wasn't, but the holidays have starting on my side of the world so I'm finally free :3 

woooo XD

I discovered halfway through this chapter that I at writing fluff. Hope it wasn't too terrible for you guys to red >.< 

 

 

 

This is completely unrelated, but I wanted to ask if anyone was a Got7 fan here? I just watched one the episodes of their variety show and Mark's aegyo gave me a heart attack. I think I actually replayed that part over 20 times. he's so damn cute ermahgahd my feels \(*^*)/ WHY U GOTTA BE SO PERFECT FOR MARK TT.TT *dies*

thanks for commenting, subsribing, reading upvoting <3 i love you all