Chapter 31

The Other Girl

 

HEY HEY GUYS GUESS WHO FINALLY DECIDED TO UPDATE A CHAPTER. 

So after I kind of just disappeared off the face of the planet for ages I'm back. Kind of. Not really. I watched a whole lot of kdrama, wgm and read a heap of shoujo manga to finally get this chapter finished. I started it before I went on hiatus, not kidding. It actually took so long. 

I will update part 2 of this some time this week, because this chapter was really long and I didn't want to edit it all in one go. So here's the first half. There's a kind of important A/N at the end so please read it and help me out a bit. 

______________

 

 

 

"Nayoung's really coming?"

 

"Mmhmm," Chen hummed a little too happily to the puzzled maknae.

 

"So, everyone that came last time is supposed to be here too? But with Nayoung?"

 

"Yep." Taemin slung an arm around Sehun, who was still frowning suspiciously at his two overly happy hyungs. His sunbae's good mood, he could understand, but why Chen seemed so happy about the situation was weird. And suspicious.

 

Suho rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly again, "Aish, we're waiting on Nayoung-ssi and Onew hyung."

 

Minho's eyes widened, finally realising he had forgotten a very important detail, "Wait, I forgot to tell you guys, Onew hyung isn't coming until around three because he had to get a check up at the hospital."

 

All fifteen males turned to Minho with a glare so terrifying he shrank back into a small corner.

 

"You couldn't tell us earlier?" Jonghyun rolled his eyes at the sporty male and sighed over-dramtically.

 

Lu Han shoved his hands into his pockets, sighing as his eyes searched the cloudless sky, "Now we just have to wait for Nayoung to get here."

 

Chanyeol turned to Lu Han curiously, "I thought she was arriving with you, because you know, you live in the same house an all." The reaction king sent a tentative glance toward Kyungmi, relief flooding him when he was sure she hadn't over heard. He was worried her mood would turn sour at the reminder that the two lived in the same house.

 

"She was taking too long, and if I didn't go ahead I would've missed the bus." Lu Han shrugged casually, unaffected by the girls absence, she was capable of taking a bus by herself. Hopefully.

 

Chanyeol nodded, accepting his excuse, "But damn, why is she so late."



 

_______________



 

Nayoung stood in front of her mirror, a troubled frown gracing her lips.

 

What to wear?

 

She spun in a circle, observing her outfit from all directions. The girl sighed again, this wouldn't do. She stared at her pile of rejected clothing that now almost reached the roof of the ceiling, a sinking feeling in her heart. Why was it so hard to look good at an amusement park. She shook her head at the skirt she was wearing, how would she go on rides wearing such a flimsy thing? Nayoung dug through her closet again, finding a pair of shorts and a blouse. She sighed disappointedly at her choice of clothing, it was so plain. Comfortable, but plain. Oh so very very boring and completely  unflattering and just plain. She felt the disappointment weigh down on her shoulders, so much for trying to impress him.

 

Nayoung leaned closer to the mirror, pulling a few strays strand of her ebony curls into place, at least her hair was nice. The girl had spent at least an hour on trying to maker her hair look pretty. Having never tried it in the first place, it took her a while to figure out how to use the curling iron, and how to style her hair and whatnot. After an hour of struggles and watching tutorials on youtube, the girl finally made her hair look, if she was allowed to brag, absolutely fabulous.

 

"Aish, I wasted so much time on this, this better be worth it." The girl checked her watch, "At least I still have half and hour to choose my shoes and- NO I DON'T OH MY GOD IM SO SCREWED."

 

She was already late.



 

_____________




 

"Aish, what is that damn girl doing?" Baekhyun shook his head disapprovingly, but froze as soon as his friends sent him warning glances. They seemed to be trying to tell him to shut up in the most  subtle way possible, either by awkwardly sending side glances toward one another or blinking rapidly as of they had something stuck in both eyes.

 

"I can hear you, you know." Baekhyun turned around at the sound of a cold voice.

 

Oh. She's here.

 

Lu Han immediately turned around at the sound of her voice, it had become a habit. When he laid eyes on her he had to stop himself from showing the surprise on his features. She looked...good. He had grown so used to her shabby hair and unkempt appearance, so now that it was curled and done up... He forced himself to look away.

 

"Hey oppa! Do I look good?" She twirled around with a flirty smile.

 

Yes. Very good.

 

He flicked his hand, waving her off, and took a slide glance toward Kyungmi, hoping she didn't get upset.

 

Nayoung pouted with a frown, her eyes darted between her husband and his girlfriend, but didn't pester him any further.


 

~~~~


 

"Yah, she didn't even apologise for being late," Minho whispered to Jonghyun, scrunching his nose up in distaste.

 

Jonghyun nodded in agreement, patting his dongsaeng on the back to show mutual understanding.

 

The group had finally gotten moving, Nayoung walking by herself at the front of the group while they all stayed behind. Taemin and his girlfriend walking not far behind her, while Lu Han and Kyungmi stayed at the back. The girl had a naturally slow pace, so he had learnt to match it with hers. And somehow they had drifted to the back of the group. He frowned, looking at the girl in the front of them all, Nayoung had a permanent scowl etched into her features, her eyes reverting back to the cold, emotionless, gaze.

 

He wasn't too happy about that. She seemed so excited about going yesterday, what happened?

 

"Oppa?"

 

"Huh?" He shook his head and turned to his left, meeting eyes with Kyungmi.

 

She puffed her cheeks out in concern, "Is anything wrong?"

 

"No, nothing's wrong."

 

Kyungmi caught the slight flicker of concern in his eyes when his eyes left her. She wasn't sure, but that wasn't directed at her was it? It almost looked as if he was looking at Nayoung.

 

Nahh. That was impossible. Right?

 

_________


 

Nayoung kicked the ground childishly, muttering insults under her breath. That stupid Kyungmi. Clinging onto Lu Han again. The excitement she felt in the beginning of the day had disappeared, and all she felt now was annoyance. The male didn't even notice her hair either, which she spent hours on.

 

"Hmmph." And she was so pumped for today as well.

 

The girl marched off, venting her anger out onto the footpath. Maybe she should leave and just around by herself, the couple-y stuff was making her nauseous.  She stepped on her shoe lace, and lost her balance. Nayoung found her footing quickly, but stumble around a bit before she found her footing again. She heard laughter from behind her, and turned to glare at Chen, who looked like he was on the verge of tears.

 

"Man, that was funny. Are you okay?"

 

He offered a hand to help her stand up from her crouched position, which she swatted away with a glare to hide her embarrassment. "I don't need your help."

 

"Arasseo, I won't help you then," he grinned cheekily at her anyway.

 

Nayoung snobbily turned her head away and walked off, only to have Chen easily match her pace. "You know, you're really annoying."

 

"Thanks."

 

"Who said you could follow me?"

 

"No one."

 

"What do you want?" Her voice was laced with poison, and was a little higher than she had intended from her irritated mood.

 

"Just to talk, you know, be friends."

 

"Haha. Funny."

 

"I'm being serious."

 

"I know there's an ulterior motive." Nayoung had stopped walking now, her arms were crossed and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously, they seemed more heartless than before, the way she looked at him was almost cruel.

 

For a moment Chen was left shocked, why was she so suspicious of him? Why did she think so lowly of others? He wasn't a bad person, he hoped to think. But then he caught the flicker of loneliness that flitted past her iris'.

 

It was a fleeting moment of vulnerability, but it was in that tiny glimpse that he understood everything.

 

Maybe she didn't think lowly of others, but thought lowly of herself.

 

"Hey Nayoung, let's play a game. I'll read your mind, and if I'm right you have to grant me a wish."

 

The girl laughed, the sarcasm heavy in her tone, "Read my mind? Okay fine. But if I win this 'game' you're buying my lunch."

 

"Deal," they shook hands.

 

Chen lifted his arms up to place his hands behind his head casually, "You think I have an ulterior motive when I try to befriend you."

 

Nayoung rolled her eyes, "No , I just said that like five seconds ago."

 

"The reason you think this is because you believe that no one would ever want to be your friend. Something like 'there's no way someone can stand my personality, so they must want something from me', am I right?"

 

Bingo.

 

The girl didn't reply, but it was obvious from the look on her face that he was right.

 

"And right now you're thinking 'what does this weird guy know about me?' Am I right?"

 

The same silence.

 

"And the answer to that is nothing. I know absolutely nothing about you. So let's change that, let's be friends."

 

There was a long silence after his words, and Chen bit his lip uncertainly, his confidence dwindling as the silence ticked on. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to say all those things about her. But then he heard her laugh.

 

"Oh my god that last sentence was so lame," he felt his ears turn red at the embarrassment.

 

Chen raised his voice, "Yah! Save my dignity okay!?" But the girl only laughed harder. He grumbled a reply, half of it directed to himself and half of it directed at the queenka, "I was trying to be nice, and become friends. And I thought what I said was pretty cool. Way to ruin the moment."

 

Nayoung sent him a look, but then she grinned. "You know what, you're not that bad to be honest. Okay why not?"

 

Chen didn't know why he was so thrilled at the thought, "Really?"

 

"Mhhmmm. Let's start from the beginning," the girl held out her hand, "My name's Kang Nayoung, a second year. Born in 93."

 

"I'm Kim Jongdae, also a second year, born in 92. So I'm older than you. Stop with the banmal now."

 

"...Fine."

 

(A/N technically they're too old for highschool but whatever shhh. I don't even remember what age Nayoung is supposed to be anymore tbh.)

 

_________


 

"Woah.. Have I died and gone to another universe?" Sehun wrapped an arm around his hyung and pointed to Nayoung and Chen who were walking together in the front of the group, "That's Jongdae hyung and Nayoung right? Together. Over there. Having a conversation. Or am I going mad?"

 

Lu Han raised an eyebrow at the maknae, "I'm pretty sure you're going crazy because there's absolutely no way-"

 

What.

 

He wasn't able to mask his surprise this time. Why the hell was Nayoung talking to Jongdae? What was this nonsense? Did she just smile at him? Did they just laugh? More importantly why were those two even together? Lu Han felt his anger bubbling up inside his chest. Did he just touch her?


 

When did he ever tell Jongdae it was okay to touch his wife? How dare he gently place his hand on her arm like that. The nerve of that idiot.

 

He was pulled from his thoughts by a shy tug at his sleeve, "Hmm?"

 

"They're going toward the roller coaster..." His girlfriend peered at him sheepishly with an expectant sparkle in her eyes.

 

Lu Han chuckled with a shake of his head, "You don't have to ask for my permission you know."

 

"Yeah, but..." Her voice faded away into the background noise, unable to find a good argument.

 

Lu Han laughed and ruffled her hair, "just go."

 

"Sorry."

 

"It's fine."

 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________
 
 
Okay so I know this chapter was actually so horrible, I'm sorry please don't kill me. Next chapters got more fluff, and it should be better, I hope. 
 
First I just want to thank you all so much for not ditching this story, and especially all those people that left supportive comments and wall posts. I seriously really love you guys so much, you're all such wonderful people. THANKYOU <3  
 
Well, I'm still not out of my hiatus, this chapter was just lying around for so long I just had to get it out and done with. 
 
This also leads me to my second topic, which was the 'kind of important thing' I wanted to talk about. I have two options I'd like you guys to choose from: 

1. I kinda of go on a semi hiatus and just write whenever I feel like it, and update whenever I feel like it. This means that I the schedule for my story updates will be completely random. So there could be days between updates or weeks or even months, and its all just random and 'go with the flow' kind of thing

 
OR
 
2. I stay on hiatus for a while longer (a LOT longer) with no updates, and write until I'm a quite a few chapters ahead and I get my inspiration back so then when I eventually start updating again, it'll be more frequent and will follow a schedule. 


I don't kow how to do the survey/poll things, so please comment down below which one you would prefer, even just number 1 or 2 would be enough. 


Thanks if you manged to read to the end of this insanely long A/N
 
To my wonderful subbies, thanks for the comments and upvotes all the other marvelous things you do <3 
and lastly, 
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE (THE ASIAN ONE) I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC YEAR. DON'T GET TOO STRESSED, ENJOY LIFE, STAY FABULOUS  LOVE YOU ALL.