Chapter 4

The Other Girl

 

"Lu Han oppa~" 
The said male groaned and buried deeper into his bed sheets. 

Please go away.

He felt someone rip the blankets off of him, and was instantly welcomed by the cold morning air. 

"Wake up."

He recognised that voice, and he didn't like it. Lu Han groggily sat up on his bed, rubbing the sleep away with sloppy hands. When he finally got his senses together, he looked up to see a pair of large, curious eyes. Nayoung's eyes. 

"What are you doing in my room? Get out." The last person he sees before going to bed is her, and now as soon as he wakes up, the first thing he sees is her too. His day was already starting out badly. Lu Han pushed Nayoung out of his room, "Out." 

"But you said I could come into your room." 

"I don't remember ever saying that." 

"Well you did." 

"Okay, okay. Now get out." 

"I made breakfa-" the door slammed close with a bang. Nayoung huffed immaturely and yelled at the closed door. "I made breakfast so come down and eat!" When there was no response she left dejectedly with a pout. 

Lu Han quickly changed out of his pajamas and into his school uniform. 
"That annoying brat," The sleepy deer began talking to himself as he organised his bag, "When did I ever say she could enter my ro-" he stopped for a moment when a memory flashed through his mind. He faintly recalled her saying something about his room, but he had been too distracted and just agreed so he could get rid of her. He slapped a hand to his face and groaned.

Lu han you idiot. Idiot.

 He grabbed his bag and left the room. As soon as he opened the door, he was geeted by a pleasant surprise. Lu Han almost gagged when a horrible scent entered his nose. What the hell was that? It was halfway between burnt plastic and seven week old cheese. He raced back into his room and grabbed an air freshener, and then proceeded to spray the entire contents of the bottle around the house. 
"What the hell is that smell?" He walked into the kitchen with the bottle of deodorant in his hand, to see Nayoung sitting at the table. 

"Oppa! I made breakfast!" Nayoung chirped annoyingly. She gave him a plate and handed him a fork, "Try some." 
Lu Han looked at the plate and immediately squeezed his eyes shut. Even looking at it was making him nauseous. What was it anyway? It looked like.. A blob. It was a plate of unidentifiable goo. He didn't even know how to describe it, it was just this thing

"Uhm.. What's it supposed to be?" He pointed to one of the black blobs on the side of the plate.

"I think that was meant to be the egg." 
Lu Han hesitantly cut off a tiny piece of the 'egg' and put it into his mouth. He spat it out immediately and ran to the tap to wash his mouth out. However, even with his efforts the horrendous taste didn't leave his tongue.
 
"Is this even food?" He coughed and glared at her. 

The girl took a bite and grimaced, "It's better than my other attempts though." 
Lu Han took another gulp of his water and looked around the kitchen. And it was only then that he realised what a mess it was. Was it even possible for someone to make this much if a mess in one morning? There were dozens of greasy pots and pans, chopping boards, broken eggs shells and other rubbish all over the benches and kitchen floor. This girl just knew how to push his buttons. 

The day was just starting, but was already fuming. 
"The kitchen's a mess." 

"I'll clean it up when I get home." 

"You better clean it up. And don't try to cook ever again." 

"I will, Okay fine," She replied obnoxiously, like when a teenager replied to their parents when they nagged. Lu Han huffed in annoyance, the immaturity of some people these days. 

Lu Han quickly stood up to leave. Maybe if he went to school now he would be able to get some food from the canteen. But there was no way in hell that he would be able to stay in this house any longer. The stench of the kitchen was making his nose go numb.


~~~~


When Lu Han got home, he was greeted by the same stench from the morning. He walked into the kitchen and saw that everything was exactly as he had left it. She hadn't cleaned up. At all. Not even an attempt to clean it up. That bloody egg shell was in the exact same position as it had been in the morning. 

"Kang. Na. Young." He growled and ran a rough hand through his hair. Why was that stupid girl not home? Lu Han pondered over whether to wait for her to get home or to clean it himself, but soon gave into the pungent smell. He scrunched up his face and put on a pair of gloves. Time to get cleaning.

 

After over an hour's worth of cleaning, scrubbing, washing, mopping, taking out the trash, and everything else, Lu Han finally cleaned up. He dragged himself to his room and collapsed on the bed in exhaustion. Never in his life had he been so tired from cleaning. He could still smell the grease on his clothes. The male groaned when he realised he had a stack of homework to get through too. He could feel a migraine coming and he was already in a sour mood. 

~~~~

"Lu Han oppa! You cleaned the kitchen!" A pitchy, infuriating, and all too familiar voice called him. He felt his anger boil up inside of him. It was funny how she came home just when he finished cleaning up. That sly little brat. What ticked him off more was that she didn't even seem to appreciate it. He had cleaned up her mess, and yet here she was, barging into his room and annoying the crap out of him. The nerve of this girl. 

"Get out of my room, I need to study. Leave." He spoke to her in a short, snappy way. He couldn't even be bothered sounding polite anymore. Nayoung just had this magical ability that brought out the worst in him. All the time. He had tried to be nice for the first few weeks, but somewhere half way he had given up. 

"You can't kick me out of your room. You promised," she jumped on his bed, "I won't talk, just let me stay." 
The male heaved a deep breath to calm himself. Out of all the places, she just had to jump on his bed. He hated when people got on his bed. Everyone knew that. He hated it so much even a person as special as Kyungmi never touched it. His parents, friends, even EXO, none of them had ever sat on his bed. Ever. And Nayoung, this girl, just jumped on it like it was her property. If he could slap her he probably would have by now. Just watching her, lying on his bed, messing up his room, it made him so angry. 

And he couldn't take it anymore. He snapped.

"You can't cook, you can't clean, you invade my personal space, you cling to me like a parasite, I have never heard of a wife as terrible as you. You're such a thoughtless, careless, clumsy, idiot. Now get out of my room!" The male hadn't even noticed he had raised his voice. All the stress, anger, frustration, everything that had been piling up for days just pushed him over the edge.  He was seething, fuming. 

"But-" 

"Get out!" Lu Han pushed her out of the room and slammed the door with a loud bang.
  

_______

Nayoung's heart almost stopped when he slammed the door. She turned around, ready to pester him again, but she froze, hands hovering a few centimetres away from the handle. Maybe she should just let him be. She hadn't meant to make him that angry. She just wanted to be there, close to him. The constant rejection from him hurt at lot, she wasn't even going to deny that. She sighed disappointedly and looked down at her shoes. And for the millionth time, she wondered what it would be like to be in Kyungmi's shoes for a day. To be able to walk hand in hand with Lu Han, to have him smile at her instead of frown, to have him love her. She wanted it to be like one of those fairytales, or korean dramas, where the guy and the girl actually got together. It was stupid and childish, but she secretly hoped that he would be her prince charming. Lu han had her heart for two years now, but she didn't know if she could bear another year of this unrequited love. It seemed to hurt more now that she had finally gotten so close to him, and yet, he was still so far away. Lu Han was right there, right behind that wall, but she just couldn't get over it. The thought just made her so frustrated. Why was that wall so impossible to get through? Nayoung quickly shook her thoughts away. No, she could not think so negatively.  She was Kang Nayoung, she will make him fall for her. Kang Nayoung would steal Lu Han's heart. Definitely. 


~~~~


Bz.

Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz.

Bzzzzzz. Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz

Lu Han stopped scribbling down answers in his notebook and picked up his ringing phone, 
"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Lu Han-ah, how have you been I heard from your friends that you've been stressed out lately because of Nayoung. Jongdae said that you're going bald, omo my poor son. To think his beautiful hair is falling out." He smiled hearing his mother's voice. It felt good to talk to her after weeks without his parents. 

"My friends told you?" He laughed for the first time in days, and a rare smile spread across his features. Yeah, his friends had probably exaggerated it just a bit. 

"Lu Han, is this marriage really giving you a hard time? I'll try my best to find a way to get you out of it as quickly as we can. So just hang in there okay?" His mother seemed really concerned, and he was grateful for that. He almost felt guilty for being angry at them. They were trying their best to help him, and that was more than enough. 

______

Nayoung felt her heart leap for joy when she heard Lu Han laugh from the other room. She pressed her ear against the wall and tried to see why he was suddenly so happy. She couldn't hear the muffled voices from her room, but she could definitely recognise his laughter. She could feel a smile tug at her lips, he seemed happy. It was nice to hear that after weeks of silence. Nayoung knew his life would be easier without her there, without her ruining everything and getting in her way, but she wasn't selfless enough to give him up. That probably made her a terrible person, but she didn't mind. Because one day, Lu Han would fall for her, he had to. Or so she hoped.


_________

Sorry for the late update everyone, schools starting to get to me XD
And i have camp this week so the next update might take a while too. 
Sorry again, thankyou for subscribing, commenting, upvoting etc. 
I'll try to update, but I can't guarantee anything.