Chapter 35

The Other Girl

Nayoung was breaking. Chen could see it. Lu Han could see it. Even Kai had noticed something was wrong. And he never noticed anything.

Chen breathed a sigh, watching with a heavy heart as he saw the said girl slam her locker door, rudely shoving a few students out of the way before she stalked off to class. He could tell she was frustrated, angry, and upset. So even though he didn’t agree with her method of venting out her feelings, he couldn’t do anything to stop her. He couldn’t stop her from bullying others, because he felt that this was her last resort to keeping her strength. No matter how twisted and horrible that was.

 

________

 

 

Nayoung closed her eyes, attempting to get rid of the unpleasant thoughts roaming in her mind. The bell rang, signalling the start of the period, but she completely ignored it. Her head hurt, her heart hurt.

She groggily pulled herself up and began to walk to her locker; it was finally time for the lunch break. The girl trudged through the bustling hallways, thoughts wandering back to a certain stupid deer that was probably with his girlfriend right now. Her thoughts were cut off when someone bumped into her shoulder, causing her to drop all her books.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorr-“

“Watch where you’re going! Are you freaking blind?!” The hallway fell silent at Nayoung’s outburst. Nayoung could feel the attention shift to her, making her even more agitated. “Well? Aren’t you going to pick up my books? Now you’re blind AND stupid.”

The girl frantically gathered up Nayoung’s books in a panicked frenzy, handing them back to her with a look of apologetic fear. The queenka snatched the books back, glared at the girl, and pushed past her roughly.

Why was everyone so annoying? It was like everyone was deliberately getting in her way.

 

________

 

“Hey Lu Han, can’t you do something about your bloody wife?” Baekhyun scowled in Nayoung’s direction as he took another sip out of his carton of fruit juice, “She’s taking it way too far now. Haven’t you noticed Kyungmi’s puffy eyes?”

“Well it’s not like Kyungmi’s the only person Nayoung’s been bullying.” Chen added in not-so helpfully.

Baekhyun glared at his friend, “But Kyungmi is getting most of her bad attitude. Plus Kyungmi’s sensitive about these things.”

“Oi Lu Han, are you even listening?” Suho waved an arm in front of his hyung’s face.

“Yeah I am…”

Chen stifled his laughter, he was obviously not listening. He followed Lu Han’s line of sight, and wasn’t even surprised when it led to Nayoung. How are you so dense that you don’t even notice your own feelings?

 

 

 

 

“H-Hey... Nayoung-ssi?” Kyungmi fidgeted with her hands and casted her nervous eyes onto the floor.

Nayoung rolled her eyes, her icy glare piercing as she turned to look at the older girl. “What do you want? I never expected you to stop me in the middle of the staircase. How bold of you. Congratulations, you finally managed to talk without breaking into tears.” The queenka’s voice was filled with taunting sarcasm.

Kyungmi drew back, despite being the taller, and older, one. Something about Nayoung was just so frightening; she felt like she was a rabbit stuck in a lion’s den. “I need to talk to you about Lu Han.”

The air got a little colder, and Kyungmi could feel Nayoung’s gaze get even sharper, filled with even more hatred and speculation. “Spit it out. Don’t just stand there with such a pathetic look on your face.”  

“W-well… I was thinking…” Kyungmi trailed off, seeming unsure of how to word her sentence, “Why don't you get over Lu Han?”

“Huh? What kind of stupid joke is this?” Nayoung laughed dryly, “You even have a ty sense of humour.”

Kyungmi took a shaky breath before continuing, “There are a lot of other guys out there you know? You know the new transfer student? Myungsoo? He’s really good looking, and he’s popular too.”

“And?”

 “He’s smart.”

“So what?”

“He’s good at sports.”

“So what?”

“Well, I mean, that’s everything a girl could ask for right?”

“So what?”

“He also likes you, so wouldn’t it be good if you went for someone like him? Some girls are even saying he’s better than Lu Han.”

“So what?”

Kyungmi looked up in surprise by the sudden annoyed hostility in Nayoung’s voice. Her leg’s felt so weak that she was scared she’d just collapse then and there. Nayoung’s gaze was so terrifying, she looked absolutely furious.

“Get out of my sight. You disgust me.”

“W-what?”

“I don’t think you understand. I don’t care okay? I don’t care if Myungsoo is better looking, or smarter, or fitter, or more popular. It doesn’t matter because it’s not Lu Han. I doesn’t matter if you find me the nicest guy on earth, or the handsomest, or the one that likes me the most, because none of them are Lu Han, and I don’t want anyone but Lu Han.” Nayoung’s voice wavered, but her eyes remained menacing, “Leave. Now.”

Nayoung didn’t even need to say anymore, the older girl was gone in seconds. As soon as Kyungmi was out of site, it seemed as if the queenka’s façade had crumbled. She rested her back against the wall, trying to control her breathing. Nayoung could her eyes grow hot with tears, somehow, it felt like voicing out her thoughts like that just confirmed how impossible being loved by Lu Han was. She pinched herself, hard enough to leave a bruise, to distract herself from the feeling of loneliness that was swallowing her.

No. She was going to keep trying. She had to make him see. No matter what.

 

____________

 

“Nayoung-ah. Please stop. Kyungmi was crying today because of you.” Lu Han shook his head with a heavy sigh.

“Pfft, she cries over everything. She needs to grow a pair.” Nayoung rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in contempt.

Lu Han could only sigh again. It seemed that was all he was doing these days. “Look, I want you to stop. I really need you to back off. I have a girlfriend that I love okay?” He resisted the urge to cringe at the last few words.

“You know, I really hate liars.”

The male was shocked by her sharpness, surprised she could pick up his mood so quickly. “Wait what?”

Nayoung walked up to him with a scowl, “I know you’re lying. .”

“I’m not.”

“Liar.”

“I don’t want you.”

“Lies.” Nayoung said it so confidently that it was irritating. She was so irritating. The way she could see through him so easily was irritating.  

Lu Han groaned and slapped his face, “Okay, you know what? Think what you want. I’m done.” He slammed his hands on the kitchen table and left.

He felt so immature, storming out like that. It was so out of character, so not-like the usual calm and collected young adult he always thought he’d be. But there was something about Nayoung, she annoyed him to no end. She made him experience feelings of anger, sadness and frustration he didn’t know he had.

He couldn’t even remember when they’d had a proper conversation without arguing anymore. He didn’t even know what her smile looked like. It all felt like so long ago; so long since they’d laugh and joke around together. There was an empty feeling in his chest every time he thought about it. Was this what missing someone felt like? Longing? He wasn’t sure. But it was bitter. Because she was right there, and yet, he could not do a thing.

Nayoung was just hurting herself and she knew that. But she just stubbornly kept striving forward, and that was what annoyed Lu Han the most. Because she was hurting, and it was hurting him too.

 

 

 

________________________________

 

Wow. Look who decided to finally turn up. I'm so sory for not updating guys. An this chapter is pretty short, and its very jumpy and it's sort of all over the place. I just want to get Lu Han's annoying angst out of the way before I finally get to write the fluff. It's still a while away, but I'll probably cut it short just so I don't have to put up with his annoying melodrama. hahahahah. 

Well, I'm sorry for the inactivity, and bad chapter, but it's the best I can do for now. 

I knnow exams are coming soon so goodluck to you all! <3 

(P.S This chapter is for you Miraluhan. Good luck on your national exams and I hope I wasn't too late. Maybe this chapter can help you destress, or it might stress you out even more I don't know XD. Thankyou for always commenting and posting on my wall to remind me there are still people who want to read my story)