Chapter 6

The Other Girl


 
"Nayoung... I'm so sorry about this. My computer broke down, and all the files I saved on there were deleted," Minyoung avoided eye contact, looking everywhere in the room except the said girl, "I had all the work done, and I planned out the presentation and everything. I'm really sorry about this." Minyoung sent her an apologetic look, eyes looking as guilty as a criminal. Nayoung narrowed her eyes, not quite trusting the girl in front of her. Minyoung hadn't given her her part of the assignment, and now she was saying she lost it all? She wasn't sure she if she should be angry or just plainly bewildered by her stupidity. Had she even done the assignment at all? She knew Minyoung didn't like her very much. She could feel a bit of worry knot itself into her stomach. She had two days to do half of the assignment? She had done a bit of extra research just in case something like this happened, but for it to come up so suddenly, and so close to the due date too? This was a sticky situation. Today was Tuesday, the assignment was due on Thursday. Only two days!? She was almost panicking by the time she managed to fully comprehend what was going on. 

"We could ask for an extension on the due date of the assignment if you want? I'm really really sorry." Minyoung bit her lip doubtfully, still avoiding eye contact. 

"No," Nayoung refused stubbornly. She would not ask for an extension. Never. Ever. She had never asked for an extension before. She prided herself on handing in everything on time, she would not let her reputation slip just like that, "Meet me at the library today at lunch." 

"But I'm kind of busy at-" 

Nayoung rudely pushed her chair back with a deafening screech, stood up and left the room before Minyoung could protest. The girl stared in disbelief, watching as the school queenka just sauntered out of the room like she owned the place. 

 

"What the hell?" Minyoung's classmate, who had overheard the conversation between the two, sneered unpleasantly, "she just walked out on you when you were talking, she didn't even care that you were busy. What a little snob." Murmurs of agreement rang across the room, many heads nodding in agreement. 
"But seriously, Minyoung." Her friend crossed her arms angrily, glaring at the now closed door, "If she treats you like that, don't even listen to her, she can do the assignment by herself." 

________

"But seriously, Minyoung. If she treats you like that, don't even listen to her, she can do the assignment by herself." 

Nayoung blew a tired sigh, and moved away from the door. She wondered why she had even listened in to the conversation in the first place. She would be lying if she said it didn't hurt. It did hurt, but she wasn't going to show it.

What a little snob.

Their words rang in her mind, and as much as she tried to shake it off, she couldn't. She scolded herself again for listening to their talk. Why did she even eavesdrop anyway. Geez, she knew they were going to start saying unpleasant words, so why hadn't she just walked away? Why had she stopped to listen? Man, she was an idiot. 

Stupid
_______


Lu Han lifted his head and looked toward the direction of the entrance when he heard someone enter the library. His expression turned solemn when he saw a familiar petite body frame, Nayoung. He immediately wondered if she was here to pester him, but the thought was quickly dismissed when she wasn't coming in his direction. Why was she here for? Nayoung never came to the library, he had never seen her step foot in this place until today. What was she doing here? He turned back to Kyungmi and attempted to ignored the girl that had just walked in. 

He was in the library with Kyungmi and the other EXO boys to help her complete the last few components to her history assignment. However, being the childish boys they were, everyone had gone off on the computers to play games. He rested his head in his palms, looking around the library boredly. Honestly, he wanted to go join his friends, but being the dutiful boyfriend he was, he couldn't leave Kyungmi. Lu Han looked the library, he was so bored, he just needed something to do. He wasn't sure if it was out of boredom or curiosity, but slowly, he found his eyes wandering the room to find a certain girl. 

The male frown as soon as he found her. Even though he was a good ten metres away from her, he could tell she was stressed. He could see the lines creasing her forehead, the way she was frantically scribbling down notes almost made it seem like she was panicking. Was there something wrong? He turned his head away and concentrated on Kyungmi. He blew a raspberry cutely, worried that he was starting to get nosy again. But yet again, despite his efforts, he would find himself sneaking glances at the girl more than necessary. He would find himself curious about why she was so stressed out. He would find himself thinking about her, staring at her, unnecessarily.  

Lu Han waited impatiently for the bell to ring, partly because he was bored out of his wits, but he just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Maybe if he couldn't see her, his mind would be occupied by her the whole time. 

That didn't work either. 

After lunch, during the last few hours of school, the only thing he could think about was Nayoung. The way she was frantically typing up notes on the computer, the way she looked so frustrated and angry, the way she rushed out of the library as soon as lunch ended. And once again, he found himself thinking about her. It wasn't exactly worry he was feeling, he was just curious, he was just simply curious. Yeah that was right, just curious, he told himself. 

~~~~

When the said male reached the house, he was surprised to see that Nayoung was already there. But instead of the usual deafening, annoying music that usually blasted out of her room, there was silence. Lu Han didn't actually know the girl was home until he saw the light from her room, it was just so strangely quiet. He closed his eyes and smiled in content, relishing in the rare moment of peace. She'd usually be playing disruptive music too loudly, lounging in his room, or just sticking to him like glue. There was none of that today, and he couldn't even describe how glad he was. He would not let this moment go to waste, who knew when she'd start blasting that pop music of hers. 


~~~~


It wasn't even in an hour until his peace was interrupted, destroyed by a rolling ball of noise. 

"Lu Hannn!" She called in a whiny, ear piercing voice. The girl pretty much kicked down his door and barged in like a raging rhino. 

"What do you wa-" he wasn't even able to finish his sentence when she abruptly cut him off. 
"I need your laptop." 

Nayoung literally ripped the laptop out of his grasp and rushed out, slamming with a ringing bang. Lu Han was left dumbfounded as he stared blankly at the door. He was almost appalled, she didn't even ask for the laptop, she just grabbed it. No thank you, no sorry, no anything. He scoffed at the girl's rudeness. Nayoung was such a stupid, clumsy, inconsiderate, spoilt brat. 

Tch. So inconsiderate. 

____________

Nayoung jumped on the bed with Lu Han's laptop carefully clasped in her hands. Her mind was racing. How many days did she have to finish this assignment? How much information should she search up to give her a high mark? Did she even have a chance of getting this project done? Nayoung swallowed some water to help her calm down. Okay, she just had to organise her time. She glared at her laptop that was sitting on her desk and huffed angrily. Why was her software not working today? Out of all days, it just had to be today that her laptop decided to stuff up. Nayoung shook her head, now was not the time to think about this, she had to concentrate and get this assignment done. 

She opened up his laptop, and her heart stopped. All thoughts on the assignment just slipped out of her mind. Why did his desktop image have to be about Kyungmi as well? Was rubbing it in her face every single day not enough? Her mind just went blank. She didn't want to look at it, it made her feel sick, but somehow, she just couldn't look away. The girl wasn't even sure how long she was staring at the image, she just sat there blankly. She couldn't even describe what she was feeling. She wasn't even sure herself of what she was even feeling. It was just this uncomfortable strange strike at her heart. She couldn't identify it. Maybe she had gone through this so many times she got used to it. Afterall, she had watched them everyday for the past two years.

She just stared at the screen, eyes narrowing on Kyungmi. Kyungmi and Lu Han, acting all cute and stupid. Nayoung bit down on her lip. She was so confused, this feeling she had was so strange. It made her feel so helpless. The girl hadn't even noticed that she had clenched her fists until a sharp pain told her that her nails had drawn blood.

Maybe she really wasn't feeling anything at all, or maybe there were so many emotions mixed together she just couldn't identify them. But she did know something, it really hurt. 

~~~~

He heard the door creak.

Footsteps.

The clatter of stationary

An annoying whine.

Thump. 

Lu Han turned over in his bed, covering his ears with his pillow to block out the sounds as best as he could. 

Footsteps running down the stairs.

Footsteps running up the stairs.

He groaned frustratedly and threw the pillow aside. What the freaking hell was that girl doing? She did know it was three o'clock in the morning right? She did know that he was in the room right beside hers right? She did know he was trying to sleep right? Then why was she so god damn loud? Lu Han couldn't even begin to describe how pissed off he was at the moment. 

He turned over again and punched a fist into the wall with a loud bang, "Damn it Nayoung. Shut. Up!" 
There was a brief moment of quietness as Lu Han heard the bang echo in his room. And then silence. He breathed an exhausted sigh and closed his eyes, finally being able to sleep. Instead of letting his mind wander into unconsciousness like he wanted, questions and thoughts began to swim in his mind again. Why was Nayoung so stressed out earlier today? Why was she staying up so late? He had a feeling it was to do with the school assignment Kyungmi had told him about. He felt himself laugh silently, served the girl right for not organising her time well. 

But the male couldn't shake the image of how worried Nayoung was. Maybe her partner and her had a fight. Maybe they were in a tough situation. Maybe they were given a hard topic to cover. 
Maybe he should help-

Lu Han slapped himself across the cheek. No, he was not just thinking about helping that snob out. He forced himself to take a deep breath, there was that frustration again. He didn't get it. He was always such a simple person. He only worried about his own life and his own problems. He hated being nosy. So why did he keep thinking about her? He was frustrated, not at the girl, but at himself. Why couldn't he just shut her out and get on with his own life? When had he become such a nosy person? 

"Aish, pull yourself together." The deer shook away his confusing thoughts with a sigh. He let the silence comfort him and he slowly drifted into unconsciousness, mind still lingering on the girl in the room beside him. 

 

__________

This was chapter 6..Yeay

sorry if the romance is kind of boring you. We're nearly there XD

If this chapter was kind of crappy I apologise for that too, I spent the whole week fan girling over running man coming to Melbourne XD unfortunately i didn't get to see them, but I was still excited that they came to my city. I couldn 't believe that we were breathing the same air OTL lol

Anyway... thankyou for reading, commenting etc.  

 

i love you all