Chapter 25

The Other Girl

 

"Yah! Hurry up or I'll ditch you!" Lu Han yelled from the front door, waiting for a certain girl to come down the stares. 

"I'm trying! Oh my god you don't know how hard it is to try to do doing stairs with crutches!" He heard her scream from the corridor upstairs. "Help me get down!" 

"Why are you so bad at everything?" He shouted back, not even bothering to make a move to help the poor girl out. 

"Shut. Up." Nayoung yelled back frustratedly with a little too much sass.

When Lu Han waited for another five minutes and she still hadn't managed to get down to the ground level, he decided to give the girl a break. Lu Han trudged up two steps at a time, quickly making it to the top; where Nayoung was sitting on the floor with her crutches abandoned on the side. He rolled his eyes with a smile when she stuck her tongue out at him. She crossed her arms in faux anger and glared cutely at him when he shook his head disapprovingly. "You didn't even try." 

She scoffed, "Well what do you want me to do? Roll down?" 

He ignored her childish words and picked up the crutches, "Okay, so lean on me and I'll help you down. I'll teach you how to go down stairs and all that stuff another time." 

Surprisingly mature about the whole ordeal, Nayoung nodded obediently and slung her bag straps over her shoulders. She reached her hands out to him, beckoning him to help her up. The male complied, linking fingers with her and gently helping her up. They both chose to ignore the spark of electricity that spread from their interlinked hands. 

"Yah, I said to lean on me so I can help you down." He shook his head at her awkward hobbling. 

Nayoung turned a dark shade of pink, "b-but-" 

"No buts, now hurry up or we'll be late." Lu Han tightened his hold on her waist, trying to keep the size of the smile on his face to a minimum. It wasn't like he enjoyed this or anything. Of course he didn't. 

Nayoung reluctantly shared her weight with the male, flushing in embarrassment at the excessive skin ship that they had to intitate. The male smirked in triumph. It was ironic how the overconfident clingy girl was so shy and flustered now. 

"Come on," he took her bag off her shoulders so that she wouldn't have any extra weight, "We'll miss the bus." 

Nayoung checked the time on her phone, "Too late, I think we already missed it." 


~~~~


"Yah oppa, it's fine I can do it myself."  

"But I insist," Lu Han laughed when Nayoung blew a raspberry at him. 

The girl crossed her arms over her school bag, resting her chin on top of her hands, "but we're getting close to the school." 

The male seemed to completely miss what she was implying, as he replied with a simple 'so what?' 

Nayoung rolled her eyes, but made no further effort to resist, she didn't mind, she actually liked the turn of events if she were to be completely honest. No need to complain. 

_________


"Where's Lu Han?" Suho scrunched his face up questioningly when he got the same confused looks from the members. 

"He wasn't on my bus this morning." 

"He's not answering our texts either." 

Just when Baekhyun was about to take out his phone and call her, a figure came bounding down the hallway.

 "Guys I'm here!" Lu Han waved enthusiastically as he approached, an unusually large smile on his face, "Sorry I was late. I got caught up." 

"Yah! You didn't answer any of our texts." Xiumin crossed his arms disapprovingly. 

"I ran out of credit, sorry." 

"And why are you so late?" D.O had taken up his motherly tone, scolding Lu Han even though he was the hyung. 

"I had to help Nayoung get to class." The comment gained a few strange looks from his friends. 

Lay scratched the back if his neck, "Wait why are you helping her?" 

The Chinese hyung frowned a bit, "She has to use crutches for the next five weeks because of her ankle." 

The bell rang before any of them could continue their speculations. 

 

__________

 

Kyungmi was in the library, studying for a maths test after lunch. Lu Han come along like usual as was distractingly playing around with a paper plane he had folded using a scrap piece of paper. The plane flew across the table and hit her square on the face, causing her to flush a light pink in embarrassment. He hid her face in shame when she could hear Lu Han laughing. 

"Sorry about that," he chuckled again, "sorry Kyungmi." His smile faltered a bit, and he apologised awkwardly, realising the girl hadn't exactly found it as humorous as he did. Another awkward silence enveloped the two and Kyungmi turned back to her work, trying her best to concentrate on her maths revision. 

"Hey, I have to go, I'll see you later." Kyungmi was dragged back to reality when she saw Lu Han stand up and leave her with his phone in his hands. 

"Oh, okay.." She wasn't sure if he had heard her because he was already out the door. Kyungmi felt her lips turn downward into a frown, her mood considerably dampened at the male's absence. Where was he going? 


________

 

"Oppa, what took you so long?" Nayoung whined childishly when Lu Han finally came. 

"Hey, I was on the other side of the school. I'm not a ninja." 

The queenka pouted, "but I texted you," there was a pause as she checked the time, "five minutes ago." 

The chinese student only laughed, "It's your fault for being stupid anyway. You should be grateful I even bothered to come and help you." That earned him a hard slap across the head. 

Nayoung had stayed in her classroom to complete her homework during the lunch break, and then realised she couldn't pick up her books because she had forgotten to bring her bag with her. And of course, because he was her 'husband' Lu Han had to come help her. 

"This is like the third time today."

"Fourth actually." The girl mumbled under her breath. He gathered her books in his arms, turning toward the door to leave. Lu Han looked back for a short moment to make sure she was keeping up before walking out to the hallway. The male slowed his pace to match her's, "Your locker's in the second building yeah?" 

She nodded silently, face set in a tired frown.  
 
"Hey, why the long face?" Lu Han turned his head in her direction, brows furrowed in concern. 

"My arms hurt, and using crutches makes me really slow, and I can't go down stairs properly without looking like a hobbling old grandma." She twisted her face in annoyance, "I think my armpits are going to get a bruise as well."

Lu Han suppressed a smile, "Shamelessly commenting about your arm pits, so ladylike."     The male caught a flash of irritation in her eyes, and he smirked in triumph at the prospect of being able to piss her off. 

"Okay, I'll teach you how to go up and down stairs now, we have time right?" He checked his watch to check the time before steering her toward the stair case. 

"Do you even know how to do it?" She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, he seemed to be bragging a lot today. 

"Of course, I mastered the art of crutches two years ago." 

"Hmm. If you say so." 


_________

 

"They've been awfully cosy these days," Tao narrowed his eyes at Lu Han and Nayoung as they walked past. 

"Tao, give it a break. He's just helping her out." Kris jabbed his dongsaeng in the side before taking another massive bite out of his donut. 

Kyungmi tried to hide the hurt from showing on her features. The girl bit her lip, feeling the pang of jealousy in her heart. The girl noticed the group if eleven good looking guys stare at her. She felt her heart lighten, realising they were concerned about her feelings. "I'm fine, if that's what your worried about." 

For the past few weeks they all had been beginning to notice the change in Lu Han's behaviour. They hadn't noticed the subtle difference at first, but it had gradually become more obvious as time went by. He never rolled his eyes at her anymore, he didn't hate it so much when she'd call or text, the male didn't even seem to mind when she crashed into his room and take over the bed. They were getting closer, almost acting like friends. 

Chanyeol rested his face in his hands, "I guess it's a good thing because they don't hate each other anymore." 

"Yeah Lu Han's just a nice guy. He'd help anyone out, it's just in his personality."  

Chen nodded a bit too enthusiastically, his smile a bit too wide. Honestly, he had a feeling he knew what was going on. There was something there that was slightly more than just friendship, but he didn't voice his aloud, in case he'd cause suspicion among his friends. 

But he was hoping they'd get together soon. 

 

__________

First of all I would like to apologise for the crappy chapter. I while I was starting this chapter I had this idea in my head, but then halfway I forgot what I wanted to write about. Hence the pointless, boring chapter. Ehehe, sorry guys. Don't hate me too much. 

Thanks for subcribing, reading, commenting and special thanks to: ljoeluhan, Listen2musiceveryday, sseungra, Eunma_, nina3123, the_anonymous_person, kyraqela, Whitesan, tenderbreeze, ExoShineeEmma, an_exotic_shawol, AgentDuffCake, mushroomin_, bunnykikichan, miraluhan, syafiqahhottest, baeitsbobo, onewsmile8, babybearkpop, mashimashi, shineexsmxfmaily, SRT689, KpopluverTris, KriSaLoveKris and weiszolyfe for upvoting!