Chapter 32

The Other Girl

 

Lu Han found the shade of a nearby tree, sitting on the small corner of the bench that was hidden from the sun. He watched the heads of his friends disappear in the line, a sigh escaping his lips when he realised how long he'd have to wait for them to get back. The male leaned his back against the bench, getting ready to relax when he was violently thrown to the side as someone pushed him away and took his seat in the shade.

 

"W-What even-" Lu Han squinted into the sunlight, trying to find the culprit who had been rude enough to shove him out into the sunlight like that. But then he realised only one person would ever have the audacity to do such a thing.

 

"Yo."

 

"Nayoung?"

 

"The girl shoved him over a bit more so that he had to battle it out in the hot weather, "Who else would be kind enough to help a poor lonely soul like you? Now move over so that I don't have to burn out here."

 

"Why do I even need help?" He raised an eyebrow at her in contempt, but it was already too late because a small smirk had already broken out onto his features.

 

Nayoung turned to him with a stupid grin plastered on her face, "you need my help to kill time."

 

Honestly, she just wanted to have some time with Lu Han without his girlfriend around. They'd been sticking to each other like glue since the day had started. It was an unsightly image. The whole point of coming out today was so she could spend time with him, and that hadn't exactly gone to plan, this was probably the only time she'd get to talk to him this whole day.

 

Lu Han shoved her a little to the side, trying to gain some of the shade back. "Not interested in roller coasters?"

 

The girl shook her head, feeling his weight against her back as she made futile attempts to stop him from taking the whole bench for himself. "Nah, it looked boring anyway. Why aren't you going on the roller coaster? I thought you'd absolutely jump at the chance. You know, cooing at your bloody girlfriend while she screamed her lungs out because 'oppa I'm so scared'. You know, that stuff."

 

Despite her mocking words, Lu Han noticed her tone got a little bit lower, the light in her eyes a little bit dimmer, the shadows a little bit darker.

 

And his heart squeezed a little bit tighter.

 

"I just don't like roller coasters."

 

"You're scared of heights." Nayoung has a smug smirk on her face, one so confident that it was borderline obnoxious.

 

Lu Han could feel his face heat up, and he scowled.

 

"Oh my god really? I was just kidding I didn't know for sure." Lu Han's face grew a darker shade of red when he hear her tinkling laughter. The male used a last surge of energy to shove the laughing queenka off the bench, making her land on the concrete floor. His last chance to save his dignity.

 

"OW THAT REALLY HURT." He heard her cry of anguish and laughed to himself, satisfied that he had turned the situation around, "Excuse me, but you're being rude. How dare you push a girl like that."

 

Lu Han was enjoying taunting the poor girl. He looked over his shoulder at his wife, that was sitting cross legged on the concrete beside him with a satisfied grin, "You're still in the shade though, aren't you?"

 

Nayoung pouted immaturely, looking up with him shamelessly with her puppy dog eyes, "my hurts, and every time I look up at you it hurts my neck."

 

Lu Han grinned smugly at her, but could feel his resolve swaying as she whined. He eventually gave up. "Fine."

 

The male grudgingly removed himself from the bench and plopped down beside the girl, who was now resting against the base of the tree. "There. Now your neck isn't going to hurt. Happy?" He tried to sound annoyed, but his facade was seen through straight away.

 

"Pfft. I know you enjoy it as well. Don't be such a tsundere. Gosh." Lu Han scoffed at her words, but his gaze softened when he noticed the shy smile on her features.

 

(A/N: tsundere's like a 'type' of girl in anime. They're the type to say/do things that are opposite to what they're feeling. I'll leave a better description at the end if it's still confusing. Soz for the anime reference, but I had to put it in.)

 

The two fell into a comfortable silence, neither feeling like it was necessary to speak. Simply enjoy each other's company was enough. Lu Han closed his eyes, feeling the cool breeze against his skin. He caught the subtle hint of vanilla, and knew straight away that it was Nayoung's new shampoo. His lips turned upward slightly, the buzz of background noise fading into the distance. The male stole a glance at the girl, who was scanning the amusement park with a childish glint of curiosity twinkling in her eyes. He felt his stomach leap a little, Nayoung really did look good today.

 

He would even go as far as saying she was beautiful.

 

"You look good today." The words slipped out of his mouth before he even noticed, but he didn't mind. Those words had been swimming around in his thoughts the whole day, finally voicing his opinion made him feel so much better. However, the reaction she gave him was the complete opposite of what he was expecting.

 

"So you finally notice! Oppa, you don't know how damn long I spent on this okay. I'm pretty sure my hair's all burnt now because I had to curl again and again to make it look right. And you might have to help me clean my room when we get back because all my clothes are everywhere. I spent like three hours on trying to figure out to wear you know. I was going to try to find something amazing that would blow your socks off and just dazzle you so much that you'd faint. But that obviously did not happen. And I ended up wearing this." She pulled at her outfit in distaste, before continuing to ramble on and on and on.

 

Lu Han laughed, simply because he didn't know what else to do. Wasn't the typical reaction to blush and get shy or something? Or at least say thanks. Or something along those lines. Sure, he had expected something more Nayoung-esque. But never would he have thought the girl would start to tell him everything about her day. And rave on and on. And on and on. It was like she was holding a conversation all by herself; she was speaking enough for both of them. But he didn't mind. It was funny, interesting. Endearing.

 

"Wow. I think you need to stop for a bit. Are you even breathing?"

 

It was like the girl hadn't talked to him for the whole day. Lu Han felt his smile drop a little, she really hadn't talked to him the whole day had she? She had probably been wanting to talk to him since she had come to the park, but never got the chance to. So everything she wanted to say was now coming out in a mess of sounds and air. The thought kind of warmed his heart, but made him feel guilty at the same time.

 

He never got a chance to say anything else as a very loud 'OI LU HAN AND NAYOUNG' was heard from an excited Taemin.


 

__________


 

Taemin ran up to them with a cheeky grin, “Sorry you two love birds, but unfortunately we have returned. I hope we didn’t spoil your fun.”

 

Lu Han smacked the dancing maknae across the head, “Shut up.”

 

The irritated male lifted his head to see Kyungmi and made his way toward her in a rush. He could already tell the girl was feeling insecure, she had probably seen them laughing a moment ago. “How was the roller coaster ride?”

 

“Scary.. but fun, “ she grinned at him innocently; the girl didn’t seem upset, that was good.

 

“You look like a hobo.” Lu Han knew instantly that it was Chen.

 

“You’re no better.” The male resisted the urge to turn around at the sound of Nayoung’s voice. He secretly stole a glance behind him to see what they were doing, regretting it immediately afterward. The slight sting he felt became more apparent when he saw the two teasing each other, and he forced himself to look away. The sight was unpleasant. He didn’t like it.

 

Not. one. bit.

 

He turned to the rest of the group to distract himself. “Where to next?”

 

Lu Han received a mixture of cheers and groans as someone said ‘Haunted house’, but it was all drowned out by the very loud scream of ‘YEEEESSSSSSSS’ coming from the one and only queenka. No one even got the chance reject as the girl had already rushed past them all in a flurry of flying hair and clothing. A very confused Chen almost flying behind her in the wind with his loud cries of ‘you’re ripping my shirt’ and ‘ow that hurts’.

 

“Well, I guess we have to go to save Jongdae.” Suho laughed to himself, leading the way as his role as the mum. (I live in Australia. we spell mum with a ‘u’)


 

~~~~


 

Kyungmi’s eyes grew wide in horror, her grasp on Lu Han’s arm getting tighter the further they went into the house. The said male could feel his arm going numb due to the lack of blood circling through his veins on his right arm, but didn’t even think twice about it. He was equally, if not even more terrified than his girlfriend at the moment. He knew it was his job to be the ‘man’ and all that. But at the moment he couldn’t see how that was important. He was getting clawed at by zombies for goodness sake. This was a life and death situation.

 

The group had decided to split into groups of six to tackle the horrors that were in store for them. And apparently it was mandatory for all the ‘couples’ to go together. So Lu Han, Kyungmi, Taemin, Minhee were going together. But since they were all crybabies and couldn’t handle scares very well (especially Kyungmi and her ’man’) Chen had volunteered to come along too, while bringing a certain queenka with him.

 

Lu Han wasn’t sure if what Chen did was a good thing or not. He had wanted her to come along since she wasn’t exactly on the best terms with everyone that was currently outside. So he was grateful that Chen had brought her in here since he would’ve caused suspicion if he had asked her to join them. But it was also the fact that Chen dragged her in here that irked him to no end. What exactly was their relationship? How were they already so chummy when it had only been a day?

 

It only made him feel worse when he saw them laughing together, both completely unaffected by the arm grabbing zombies and laughing skeletons. It was definitely safe to say that Nayoung was NOT afraid of ghosts or anything of the sort.   

 

Lu Han turned behind him to glare at Chen, who was in a delirious state of laughter. He was pretty much wheezing because of the lack of air, and then he turned to Nayoung who looked like she had lost the strength in her feet, trying so hard to hold back her laughter that she had tears in her eyes.

 

“Not funny guys.” Minhee glared at the two before breaking into a little smile herself. Okay maybe it was a little funny.  

 

Taemin nudged his girlfriend on the shoulder, “Why are you smiling? You’re just as bad.” He twisted his face into the most unflattering facial expression and began to mock her, “Oh oppa!”

 

The said girl punched the male in the arm, “Ha. ha.”

 

“I know I’m just absolutel-” his words were replaced by a high pitched squeal for his mum as a vampire shot out from in front of him.

 

It was Minhee’s turn to laugh, “‘EOMMA SAVE ME PLEASE!’HAHAHAHAHA. YOU’RE SO FUNNY.”     

 

“Shut up please.”

 

“No thanks.”

 

Taemin ruffled the girl’s hair, “Aish.. why do I even date you?”

 

“Because I’m fabulous.”


 

~~~~


 

With a final horrified scream, Lu Han bolted all the way to the exit of the haunted house. He had left Kyungmi behind somewhere but he really care the the moment. All he could see was the light at the end of the tunnel, the exit. And when he finally made his way out, he almost lost the feeling in his legs.

 

“Thank god.”

 

Taemin came running a few seconds later, followed by Minhee towing a shaken Kyungmi with her.

 

Whoops.

 

“Sorry about that,” the male rubbed his neck sheepishly, shaking his head apologetically in hopes that it would lessen Minhee’s anger.

 

It didn’t really work. “Yah! She was terrified. Gosh you call yourself her boyfriend.”

 

“I was scared too okay!” All he got in response was a ‘tsk’ in disapproval.

 

The male was about to retort when Nayoung and Chen’s laughter interrupted them.

 

“You guys were so funny,” she laughed along with Chen, much to Lu Han’s annoyance. The girl walked up to them and sent Lu Han a taunting look, “you were all so terrified and screaming out stupid-”

 

Nayoung’s face immediately fell and she let out a terrified squeak. Nayoung immediately dodged down to her right and grabbed hold of the closest living being beside her, which just happened to be the deer himself.

 

He was so shocked that he couldn’t move. “W-wait what? Nayoung Can you let g-”

 

“Nonononono.” The girl squeezed her eyes shut, burying her face into the back of his shirt in an attempt to save herself from whatever thing that had obviously spooked her.

 

Ignoring the fact that Nayoung was pretty much hugging him, and that she was being extremely adorable, he tried to turn to face the girl. “Hey what’s wrong?”

 

The girl shook her head, before her grip tightened on him even more. “Oh my god get it away from me.”

 

“Get you away from what? Hey Nayoung are okay?” Lu Han felt a jolt of concern run through his veins. He had never seen her so terrified before.

 

The deer lifted his eyes and searched the room, narrowing his eyes in confusion when he couldn’t see anything, “What are you talking about? Nothing’s here. It’s okay.” But then he caught a glimpse of fluttering wings in his peripheral vision.

 

A moth?

 

When the pieces finally clicked into place and Lu Han understood what was happening, he laughed so hard that he almost fell to the ground.

 

“A moth? Really? The all mighty Kang Nayoung is scared of a moth?

 

Lu Han bursted into another fit of laughter again. It was just...strange. The fearless, carefree, borderline obnoxious queenka was afraid of a tiny bug bug such as a moth. And to think she was laughing at him a few seconds ago.

 

“Yah! Shut up. It’s not funny okay. They’re really gross and ugly and scary and they fly around crazily and ugh.” The girl glared at him (really cutely) with teary eyes from her sitting position on the floor, the red slowly rising in her cheeks at the embarrassment. Her legs had given out on her.

 

He sent her a cocky smirk, as in to say ‘i win’ but then crouched down beside the girl and wiped the stray tears from the corners of her eyes. “Look, it’s gone now okay.” Lu Han sent the girl a warm eye smile, and she swore her heart stopped beating. “So stop being such a pain in the . And you’re never going to live this down no matter how hard you glare at me so stop trying.”

 

“Tch. You’re pretty cocky for someone that was screaming for their mum a few minutes ago.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I hate you too.”

 

But the subtle smiles on both their faces was enough to tell Chen that they felt anything but that.


 

~~~~


 

“Man, what a day.”

 

“I’m beat,” Lu Han stretched his arms in an attempt to relieve his tired muscles.

 

The group had gathered at the south gate of the park, the exit closest to the bus stop.

 

“Let’s go home now.” Baekhyun whined, resting his head against the broad back of the now-not-so-happy virus. Chanyeol almost toppled over with the weight of baekhyun on his back, out of everyone, the big eared giant was probably the one that had exerted the most energy today.  
 

D.O checked the time on his phone, “Well, my bus is probably going to get here soon, I better get going.”

 

Minho, Kai, Chen and Jonghyun immediately launched themselves onto the large eyed vocal, “Don’t forget about us, we take that bus too. Geez.”

 

 

 

Slowly, everyone began to take their leave. It wasn’t long before only Lu Han and Taemin were left.

 

Lu Han checked the time, his brows furrowing as he noticed that their bus would be arriving in a  few minutes. “Where the hell did Nayoung and Minhee go?” The two girls had gone to the souvenir store a while ago, and hadn’t come back.  

 

Taemin shrugged nonchalantly at the Chinese male, “They’re girls. Shopping. You can’t exactly expect them to be quick.”

 

“But theres only one store, and we’re going to be late.”

 

“We can take the next one, no big deal. Besides, I wanted to tell you something.”

 

Lu Han turned his head with raised eyebrows, “About?”

 

“Nayoung.”

 

Oh.

 

“What is it?”

 

Taemin grinned with a knowing sparkle in his eyes; the dancer noticed that Lu han had suddenly given one hundred percent of his attention to him. “Well, Nayoung really loves roller coasters and thrill rides, so when she didn’t get on any of  them today I was really confused.”

 

The deer couldn’t help but raise a bewildered eyebrow at Taemin, she had definitely said she didn’t like rides. Lu Han turned to the SHINee member with a questioning look, but noticed that the maknae wasn’t even looking his way. He had a distant gleam in his eyes.

 

“I was actually really worried you know? I thought that she felt uncomfortable with our friends, so she was too self conscious to do anything fun. But I guess that’s not the case.”

 

Oh. So that was why.

 

The deer averted his gaze to the ground, suddenly feeling uncharacteristically flustered. The thought of Nayoung choosing him over her own personal enjoyment sent a rush of butterflies through his system. And that strange, yet familiar, warm tingling spread to the tips of his fingers and toes, causing his heart to beat a few paces faster.

 

“That stupid girl.” He shook his head with a smile, “She could always talk to me later, geez, what an idiot.” He had said this more to himself than the man standing beside him, but Taemin replied anyway. In a voice so soft it was barely audible.



 

“You’re just that important to her.”



 

“Huh? What? I didn’t quite catch that.”

 

“Nevermind,” Taemin shook his head in mock disapproval.

 

He wasn’t able to question any further, as the two girls broke their ‘bro moment’ by charging past them with two bags full of useless unnecessary items.

 

“Come on!” Nayoung shouted back as she ran, “You’re going to miss the bus.”

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes, “Says the person that just came out now.”

 

The tingling in his bones still hadn’t settled.

 


 

___________

 

Tsundere: 1: being on the surface sharp and sarcastic (tsuntsun) but underneath lovestruck and fawning (deredere); characteristic of a gap between acted out actions and feelings in mind;
2: normally being sharp but at some prompt suddenly becoming lovestruck; hot-cold personality type

 

(I just stole the urban dictionary definition lol. Taiga from Toradora is a perfect example)







 

Here's part 2 of their amusement park adventures!

 

This is probably the only time I will ever update so quickly for the rest of my life XD.

 

I know that some of you don't remember what happened in the story because it was so long ago, but honestly I can't even remember myself so I'm sorry if some bits in the story are a bit off, or If I forget a few details and such.

 

And from your comments I'm going with option 1(update randomly whenever i feel like it)


Thanks for subscribing commenting reading and upvoting. Saranghaeyo.

 

Special thanks to foodgasm and tsinae for the fabulous posters. I feel kinda amazed because I always saw those authors that got posters from their readers and I was like 'woah. thats so cool' I didn't know I'd be lucky enough to get two of them. I seriously love you guys so much *creys*

Now I have to figure out how to change my picture XD.