Chapter 17

The Other Girl

It was a Friday night. There was nothing on TV, she had no homework, her laptop had stopped working, and she had absolutely nothing to do. Nayoung was bored. She was oh so incredibly bored that she felt like her brain was splitting in half. Was even possible to be so bored you might even end up going mad? She threw herself onto the bed and kicked away a few pillows as she thrashed around mindlessly. "Ughhh. There's nothing to doooooo." She pouted and grabbed her head, messing up her hair into a bird nest of knots. 

"Yah Nayoung shuttup." 

Nayoung turned her head upstairs in the direction of Lu Han's room, hearing the males muffled voice call her name. 

"But oppaaaaa. I'm so bored I'm going to die." She whined childishly and trudged up the stairs clumsily. 

"Stop over exaggerating everything." Lu Han sighed tiredly, he was starting to lose focus. Now he had forgotten what he was doing. He scanned the page of scribbles with a concentrated frown. The numbers didn't make any sense anymore. Was he supposed to multiply the two numbers? Or was he supposed to add first? 

He could hear her heavy footsteps approaching his room. "Oppa. Help me. I'm drowning in my own boredom." 

Lu Han didn't look up, his eyebrows knitting together even more tightly when he couldn't recall what he was doing a few seconds before, "Didn't I tell you not to bother me unless it was an emergency?" The male continued to scribble furiously into his notes. Now he had to do the whole equation again. 

Nayoung dragged herself into his room, collapsing onto his bed with a whine, "but it is an emergency. What if I end up getting a brain damage because theres too much boredom for me to handle and my brain blows up and stops functioning and I end up with the mind of a five year old."

Lu Han had the urge to scoff. Pfft, she was pretty much a five year old any way, always so childish and immature. She groaned, letting out a frustrated yell. 

 "Yah Nayoung keep it down. Let me do my work." 

"But oppaaaa. I'M BOREEDD. It's your job to keep me company." She pouted at him.

"Since when?" Lu Han was finding it extremely hard to concentrate at the moment. He was getting the sudden urge to turn around and way from his work. Usually he'd just ignore her, but her figure in his peripheral vision was really distracting all of the sudden. The girl was surprising cute when she pouted, it reminded him of a chipmunk. Lu Han paused for a minute, the pen falling still in his hand. Nayoung? Cute? WHAT THE.

The homework must be getting to his head. 

Lu Han grabbed the closest thing he could reach on his desk, which happened to be his rubix cube. He twisted the cube a few times, mixing up the tiles in random arrays of colour. He handed the block to her. "Here. Go play with this. Now go away." 

Nayoung poked a tongue toward her cheek, hesitant in taking his offer. "But I don't even know how to solve it."

Well you can learn." He shooed her off, trying his best not to take his eyes off the page. Which was proving to be extremely difficult

She took the cube slowly, leaving with an 'oppa that's not fair. You're supposed to keep me company.'

Lu Han sighed, forcing a smile down as he turned back to his homework. She was kind of cute. 

_________

Nayoung stared at the cube despairingly. All the colours where making her eyes hurt. She jumped onto her bed, hugging the giant teddy bear, which she had decided to call LuLu, with a frown. 
She examined the cube again, trying to find a solution that was obviously not there. She had tried twisting a few blocks here and there, but that only changed the pattern of the tiles. Everything was still a jumbled messed. 

"Ahh, bwoyaaa." She pouted and put the cube down with a frustrated sigh. The girl glared at the cube as if threatening it to solve itself, as if that would make a difference. 

Nayoung turned to her laptop, quickly going on the internet and typing in 'how to solve a rubix cube'. She clicked on one of websites with a newly found determined gaze, grabbing Lu Han's rubix cube with her free hand. 

Okay. Time to solve this. 


__________

Lu Han felt a smile grow on his features when he heard Nayoung's destinctive whine from next door. He laughed a little to himself in success. His original motive was to get her out of his room, but now it was just really amusing. 

He turned to the stack of paper on his desk, mood dampening slightly when he realised how much homework he had to get through.

What a pain in the . 

~~~~~

It was night time when Lu Han finally set the last page of his history essay down, throwing his hands up in exasperated relief. 

FINALLY.

He blew a sigh of contempt and stretched his body, hearing a few cracks in his neck from the long hours in one position the whole time. 

He sighed, now for dinner. Lu Han let his exhausted self collapse on the bed, he really couldn't be bothered. Maybe they should have two minute noodles for dinner. Slightly less nutritious, but better than having Nayoung cook her slob. At least they wouldn't die of food poisoning.

He made his way downstairs and headed to the kitchen, boiling some water and ravaging through the cabinet for some two minute noodles. 

"Yah Nayoung we're having two minute noodles today because I can't be bothered making proper food!" Lu Han pretty much screamed, hoping his voice was loud enough to be carried through the  excessively large house and reach her room, and waited for a reply. That was usually how things worked in this house, he'd yell. And then she'd yell. And then a few seconds later she'd come running down the stairs. It was probably less disruptive if he'd just go up to her room to tell her, but he was too lazy. And so was she. It was uncanny how well they matched with the strangest things.  

Lu Han frowned when he heard no reply from upstairs. He waited a few more seconds, but he only got silence in answer. Had Nayoung fallen asleep? Or was she reading a book? She'd normally go into her own little world whenever she read a book, something he'd noticed in the past few months.  He took a contemplative glance at the cooking noodles, then decided to go up and check up on her. 

He ran up the stairs, and barged into her room. "Nayoung hurry up, dinner. Unless you want soggy noodles." 

"Shhh. I'm nearly done." 

The sight that greeted him was startling. Nayoung was sprawled on the floor, rubix cube still moving around in her fingers. Lu Han felt a small spark of amazement. She was still working on that? He'd thought she given up hours ago. How long had it been? Four hours at least. Wow, that was some determination. He felt a small smile creep to his lips, and his heart stirred for a moment.  "Come on, dinner." 

"But I'm nearly done." Nayoung didn't even look at him, her face was set into a permanent frown, hands fiddling and turning the coloured blocks swiftly. 

Lu Han took at a look at her progress, instantly stifling a laugh. The cube looked exactly the same as it had four hours ago. "Just come down and eat first." 

Nearly done my . 

When the girl didn't budge, Lu Han sighed and walked over, grabbing her arm and slowly pulling her up. He held her arm in a gentle hold, pulling her down the stairs and guiding her to the  kitchen table. He stole a glance at the girl, sighing when he noticed she hadn't taken her eyes off the cube. She wasn't even throwing a fit like usual. Nayoung would normally say something stupid like: oppa, your holding my arm, are you trying to initiate skin ship? Are you trying to hit on me oppa? Or something weird like: oppa do you like me now? Not that he minded of course, a tiny part of him was slightly disappointed that she hadn't even notice him. Was that cube really more interesting than him?

Lu Han watched her as she fiddled with the cube, another small smile growing on his features.  Sometimes he felt like he was taking care of a child. Nayoung was always so immature and childish, and half the time it drove him nuts. She wasn't responsible, and was a clumsy idiot. But it was those very qualities that made her so endearing, it was because of that that Lu Han would always have the urge to care for her, to worry about her, he felt like he had to be there for her. He was beginning to care, the male didn't know if that was a bad thing or not. 

The deer's eyes shot open, suddenly remembering that his noodles were still cooking. He ran to the stove and turned off the heat, immediately taking the pot off the heat. He looked at his food, cringing a bit at the site. The noodles had swelled up and broken apart, looking like a slushy pile of gunk. It kind of looked like something Nayoung would cook up. "Ugh.." He couldn't stop himself from making a face. 

"Uhm... Dinner's ready.." Lu Han grimaced at what he made, it looked more like soup than ramen. He took a spoonful, and nodded in satisfaction. At least it tasted good, as good as two minutes could get anyway.  

"Nayoung-ah, here." He placed a bowl of his 'soup' down on the table for her. There was no response from the girl, making him sigh again. He felt like he was having a conversation with himself the whole day. She hadn't even looked at him ever since he gave her that damn rubix cube. To think a toy was more interesting than him. 

"Eat, I'll solve it for you later okay? Just eat dinner." 

And then she looked at him for the first time in hours, "Andwae, I'll solve it.  I can do it myself, I'll give it back when I'm done." 

Lu Han ran a hand through his hair, he wasn't sure whether her determination was a good thing or not, "Okay fine, just promise me you'll eat okay?" 

"I promise," She held up a pinky finger to make her point. 

~~~~

Lu Han glanced at the clock on his wall. Exactly 2 am in the morning. He turned back to the game he was playing, in a breath when he noticed that that small distraction had cost him a life. He probably should get to sleep. He shut his laptop down and stood up, getting ready to go to sleep. A part of him wanted to get the rubix cube back. It was his favourite one after all. He had gotten it years ago, and he knew every single mark and scratch on it as if there was a photograph of it imprinted on his mind. It was arguably one of the most treasured things he had, every little indent had it's own story, and he remembered them all. And he put such a important item in the hands of the biggest klutz he had ever met. What if she sat on it and broke it?  

Lu Han strained his ears, waiting for a sound or noise to indicate where Nayoung was. If she was in her room, he'd make the effort to get it back. But he only heard silence. He shrugged, she had either given up, or she had solved it. The second option didn't seem likely considering it was probably the first time she ever touched a rubix cube.

He threw himself onto the bed, finally letting his drooping eyes close for the day. He was too lazy to go to her room. Hm, maybe tomorrow.

 

________

 

I 'M BACK  *confetti explosion pew pew*

SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR IDK HOW LONG. my exams are done WOO. thankyou for not leaving this story XD I appreciate all your support. 

Even though my exams are over I'm still really busy, I have a winter concert I have to prepare for at the end of the month and I've been having rehearsals 3 times a week TT.TT I kind of rushed this chapter to get it out for you guys. it's kind of boring and nothing much really happens, but I have to put it in there. It's kind of related to a part of the plot later on in the story. It was a boring chapter and poorly written, I hope you don't hate it too much :C next chapter will have some LuHanxNayoung fluff, or as fluffy as they can get considering their relationship at the moment. Holidays are coming up so I'll try to write ahead to be able to update more consitently. 

Now to the end of this long A/N, thanks for subscribing, commenting and upvoting this story I love you all.