Chapter 3

The Other Girl
*A/N- I'm just going to skip a few weeks, hihi sorry if you wanted to see a wedding or something. So right now they're married, but there's no ring or anything, and living together in the same house. 
_______________
 
 
 
The sound of his loud alarm shook Lu Han out of his sleep. He groggily rubbed his eyes, squinting against the brightness of his room.  The sun's rays stung his eyes and Lu Han grumbled incoherent complaints as he buried under the covers again. He had set his alarm half an hour earlier than usual to avoid seeing Nayoung in the mornings. So instead of the usual 7 am wake up call, he now woke up at 6:30. He always made sure he was out the door by 7, just before the annoying girl woke up.  
 
As Lu Han made it down the stairs, he looked around his new house, observing the unfamiliar interior design. It had been a few days since they had moved into this house, and he still wasn't used to it. It was strange to see white walls, instead of the familiar beige he had grown up with. It was a double story house, and very expensive too. He could tell by the marble floors and unique architecture. It was a waste of money in his opinion, there were only two people living here, why did they get such a spacious house? But at least that meant he didn't need to see Nayoung that often. The house was so big it was only very rarely they saw each other in the house. He walked out of the house with his school bag slung over his shoulder, a piece of toast hanging loosely between his teeth. 
 
When the male reached school, he could feel hundreds of curious eyes on him. Lu Han blew a frustrated raspberry, word of the 'marriage' had spread to the school. Everyone knew Kyungmi was his girlfriend, and everyone also knew that Nayoung was his 'wife'. He shuddered at the thought of Nayoung and 'wife' being used in the same sentence. He refused to admit it, he would rather die than call her his wife. As far as he knew, he only had a girlfriend. For the past week he had been hear all sorts of nonsense about him and the two girls. People were gossiping, and some even placing bets on who he would end up with in the end. 
 
"I bet he'll forget about Kyungmi, Nayoung is absolutely gorgeous. I mean, if I was him, I'd totally go for Nayoung." 
 
"Yeah but Lu Han's a nice guy, he wouldn't do that." 
Words like that, and other nonsensical things flew around the school. The gossip was driving him nuts, and Kyungmi was affected by it too. It had only been a week, but Kyungmi was already insecure about it all, Lu Han knew that. 
 
He was pulled out of his thoughts by a loud shout, "Lu Han Hyung!" 
It was Sehun, the maknae, calling him from the other side of the corridor Lu Han let a smile tug at his lips, at least there was one thing he looked forward to at school.  He almost ran to the younger male. Behind Sehun were Baekhyun and Chanyeol, bickering about which colour best suited their hair. Xiumin, Lay, and Chen, the early birds of the group, were all there as well.
"Woah, this is the," Sehun paused and counted on his fingers, "8th time you've come to school early. What's happening? You and Kris hyung are usually the last ones to come to school. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought you were a completely different person." 
 
The older male laughed,  "I come to school expecting a 'good morning' or at least a 'hi', and I get this." 
 
Sehun slung an arm around the his shoulder, "Hyung, Good morning doesn't exist in my vocabulary, you should know that by now." The maknae shook his head, and gave him the 'I-thought-I-taught-you-better' look and crossed his arms in a disapproving manner. Lu Han rolled his eyes in a playful manner before striding over to the rest of the group, Sehun in tow. 
 
"Is Kyungmi here yet?" He scanned his group of friends, and felt his heart drop slightly when he noticed she wasn't among them. 
 
"She's got some club activities or something on Mondays remember? Don't be too disappointed," Baekhyun grinned teasingly at him and patted him on the back,
 
"Come on, let's go to the library, I'm pretty sure that's where she is at the momen-"
 
"Lu Han!" The said male turned rigid as a loud annoying voice called him.
 
"Please. Not. Now," he breathed, clenching his fists. 
 
He felt someone latched onto his arm, "Oppa, what are you doing? Why did you leave so early? I wanted to walk to school together." Nayoung gave him a fake smile, tightening her grip around his arm when he didn't even spare a glance at her. 
 
"I'm going to see my girlfriend, I left early to avoid you, and I'm not your oppa." Lu Han's reply was cold, and Nayoung almost flinched at his hostile tone, almost.
 
She bit her lip stubbornly, not letting go of his arm, "Why are you seeing her. You can't. I won't let you." 
 
This time, Lu Han turned to face her, "If you haven't noticed, Kyungmi's my girlfriend." The male roughly shook her off and quickly left, ushering his friends to follow. 
He heard her yell something along the lines of 'but I'm your wife' but ignore it completely. 
 
"You okay?" Lay rested a comforting hand on his friends shoulder. He frowned when he noticed the stress evident on the latter face. Sehun glanced back at the girl and narrowed his eyes in distaste. For the past few days she had been clinging onto him like a monkey on a tree. Shooting rude comments about Kyungmi, complaining, whining, the list could go on for days. He didn't really want to say it, but Nayoung was a b*tch through and through, she was just downright nasty. (A/N- I apologise for the language, it's just the best way to describe her) 
 
"You don't have to be so nice to her you know," Xiumin said, "you don't need to be nice to people like her, just be honest and just say it. Someone needs to tell her how awful she is." 
 
"It's amazing how long you've been able to put up with her, I probably would have lost it by now." Chanyeol added playfully, giving him a sunshine like smile. 
Lu Han slapped a hand to his forehead, "I don't think I can survive another day of this. Someone save me." He dropped his head onto Xiumin's shoulder and groaned.
 
 
~~~~
 
 
"Kyungmi-ah, don't be so shy and afraid. Sometimes you have to just go in and punch everyone in the face," Kai punched the air to get his point across, "don't let them push you around like that." 
 
Kyungmi furrowed her eyes and pouted, "But..." 
 
"No but's, don't be scared to stand up for yourself, we'll be right here," Kris interjected with a stern look. Kyungmi looked up at Lu Han, who was sitting beside her, and gave him a doubtful frown. 
 
He smiled at her and leaned closer, speaking in a low voice so only she could hear, "Don't worry, I'll always be right next to you. I'll protect you." Lu Han almost cringed at his corniness, he hated being corny, but it seemed to put Kyungmi at ease. The girl gave him a gentle smile in return, cheeks flushing a light pink.
 
"LUUUU," there was a momentary pause as she tried to catch her breath, "HAAAAAN!" 
 
Kyungmi visibly stiffened when she noticed the petite frame of a girl approach. 
 
"She's back again," Suho heaved a sigh, visibly annoyed with the persistent girl, "This is probably the fiftieth time in the past two weeks." Lu Han sent an apologetic look at al s, if only he could figure out a way to get away from her. 
 
"Lu Han, why are next to her?" Nayoung scrunched up her face and pointed to Kyungmi. 
 
Lu Han clenched his fists, he could not deal with this right now, "I can do what I want, and I want to sit with Kyungmi, now leave. " He glared at her.
 
However, despite the fact that the male was pretty much burning holes into her, Nayoung's defiant look did not falter, "You can't." Nayoung sneered at Kyungmi, making the older shift her gaze to the floor. To see Kyungmi upset pissed him off even further. Why did she always target his girlfriend? Every. Single. Time. He hated her for it, despised her every time she would make Kyungmi cry. 
 
"Come on," he roughly grabbed Nayoung's arm, dragging her away from the group.
 
 As soon as he took her to an secluded area, and double checked that no one was around, he dropped her arm. Lu Han glared at her coldly, meeting her dark brown eyes, "Okay, seriously stop this. It's annoying. I don't want to see your face at school, ever." Lu Han was almost shocked at the harsh words that came out of his mouth, and was more surprised at the coldness in his voice. He never knew he could sound so heartless. The male felt a lump in his throat when he saw Nayoung look away and stare at her feet. That was the first time she had ever broken eye contact when he was talking, she always met his gaze and never wavered. She always had fierce, sharp eyes, and now to see her with such a downcast expression, it was strange. For a moment he thought she was going to cry, and guilt immediately gnawed at his stomach. Was he too harsh? Did he go too far? He definitelu did not want her to cry, that would probably be the end of him. Her fanboys would probably murder him and eat him for breakfast the next day.
 
 However, when Nayoung looked up, there were no tears, "What if I don't want to?" 
 
"Then at least leave Kyungmi alone." 
 
"No." 
 
Why the hell did he feel guilt for this girl? Did he really just feel bad about hurting her feelings? He couldn't even believe it himself. Why was he so easily affected by her? One minute he's so angry and annoyed he feels like punching her face in, and the next he feels bad about hurting her feelings. It was almost comical how one look into her eyes could change your whole perspective about her. 
 
"Why do you cling to me so much? It's a waste of time, you won't gain anything from this either."The girl knew what he was implying, that this was a fruitless effort and she could never change his mind, or heart. 
 
She scrunched up her face and blew a raspberry, "I will." A frustrated sigh left Lu Han's lips, again with that stubbornness. He didn't know what to do, she was just so damn stubborn. It was like talking to a wall. 
 
"This is the only thing I'm asking of you, just leave my friends alone," he took a deep breath, "please." Nayoung blinked, and narrowed her eyes at the male in front of her, eyes wide in surprise. He was actually speaking sincerely this time. She clenched her fists, wanting to say no. She looked into his tired eyes, and for the first time, noticed the distress and concern in them. She felt a tiny bit of guilt nag at her, and never imagined that she could stress him out so much. And her heart wavered for a moment, was she really hurting him by doing this? 
 
"...Fine." She clenched her fists and glared at the floor. Lu Han couldn't quite process what had happened in his head. 
 
Wait. 
 
She actually agreed?
 
She wasn't going to bother them? She really wasn't? Really? He couldn't help the large grin that spread across his face. All the frustration, stress, it all disappeared. It felt like the world was lifted from his shoulders. Lu Han secretly fist pumped to himself when Nayoung wasn't looking. 
 
"But you can't lock me out of our room anymore."
 
Lu Han didn't quite hear what she had said, but he didn't care at the moment. "Yeah, yeah okay bye." He rushed off to meet his friend again before lunch ended. 
 
When the other twelve noticed Lu Han return, all smiles and sunshines, they gave him incredulous looks. 
 
"Hyung, what has gotten into you? I can pretty much see the rainbows and unicorns shooting out of your head," D.O raised an eyebrow at him. He made eye contact with Kai, who only shrugged his shoulders with a blank look. 
 
Lu Han laughed at s' confusion, and explained the situation to the twelve perplexed people at the table. 
 
Kris his chin, deep in thought, "Hmmm. But what if she's just saying that? And she won't actually do it?" The table nodded in agreement.
 
"I agree with Kris hyung," Chanyeol took a bite out of his sandwich, "this is Nayoung, afterall. I don't think she's going to leave us alone." 
 
"You never know, she might actually listen to him." Chen was the one to speak this time. 
 
Baekhyun grinned mischievously, "You guys want to bet on it? $5 dollars each," he pointed to Lu Han, "but since you live with her you can't participate." 
 
"But Jongdae's the only one that thinks she won't, that seems a bit unfair," The unicorn put his hand on Chen's shoulder. The vocalist only smiled and gave Lay a confident smirk.  
 
"But that just means that I get more money if I win right?" Chen smiled mischievously, "If I win, I get 55 bucks yeah?" Chen wasn't even sure himself why he was so confident, he just somehow knew she would keep her word. 
 
"Deal." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And so, on the next day, Chen walked out of the school with an extra 55 dollars in his pocket. 
 
 
____________
I'm hoping the development isn't too slow, I'm planning to have some Lu han and Nayoung action in the next two or three chapters XD 
 
Thankyou to everyone that subscribed and commented on this story
I love you all~