Chapter 14

The Other Girl


She sat down uncomfortably, not failing to notice the suspicious glares she was receiving from the rest of Lu Han's friends. Nayoung squirmed in her seat, taking nervous glances at Chen. He had been the one to offer her to stay, but she couldn't figure out why. Surely there was some motive behind his actions, because she already knew they didn't exactly want her here. 

She stole a glance at Kyungmi, the girl looked so frightened that she was close to tears. It was also obvious that she was upset over the fact that Lu Han had to keep a distance so Nayoung's parents wouldn't get suspicious. The two girl's made eye contact for a brief moment and Nayoung's face turned into a scowl. Kyungmi looked at her with a wary expression, but she noticed a hint of contemptuous frustration. And it sent anger rippling through her veins. 

Pfft. Pathetic. 

Kyungmi blamed her for this. Because it was Nayoung's fault she wasn't able to act like love birds and be all couple-y and gross. 

Nayoung knew she should be grateful they had saved her from her mother's fury, but she couldn't see how they were helping her at all. She felt a spark of irritation at Lu Han. It felt like he was flaunting the fact that no body liked her, that Kyungmi was his girlfriend and he was just rubbing the fact into her face. Honestly, she would rather face the consequences than watch Kyungmi mope for the rest of her lunch. God, she was already loosing her appetite. The girl's face twisted into a deeper scowl and she just stared stubbornly into her lap, refusing to look up at the table. Tch, she'd rather not look at the stupid lovebirds. 

_______

EXO knew the moment she sat down that queenka wasn't acting like herself today. She was sitting beside Lu Han, but she did nothing to take advantage of the situation. She was usually such an annoying opportunist, pouncing at every chance she got. This was the best chance for her to cling to him, and yet, she did absolutely nothing. She didn't even throw insults at Kyungmi like usual, or even glare at them. But of course, they were all glad for the change. They just settled with ignoring the girl and continuing on with their usual banter. 

Except Lu Han.

Lu Han couldn't ignore Nayoung like all his friends did. He couldn't shake off the uncomfortable feeling in his heart every time he looked at her. She refused to look at him, and that meant something was really bothering her; she was upset. The girl was also gnawing her bottom lip raw, a habit he noticed she had whenever she was in an uncomfortable situation. She bit her lip so hard it bled last time when her parents had come over dinner. And on top of that, she hadn't even touched her chocolate milk. She loved chocolate milk. The fridge was always filled with so many bottles that there was barely any space left for anything else. She hoarded the stuff for god's sake. It was unsettling. Lu Han forced himself to look away, hoping that if he wasn't staring at her, he wouldn't worry so much. 

The conversation drifted to Kyungmi and Lu Han without any of them realising it, "Come on you two, go on date or something." 

Kyungmi turned away shyly, cheeks flushing a light pink when Lay mentioned the word 'date'.

"You haven't been able to have any alone time lately," Tao joined the conversation, enjoying teasing the couple. 

"What about tomorrow? There's no school tomorrow." Suho added in, finally leaving the game on his phone. 

"You guy's need some bonding time. Two years and all you've done is hug. Geez, Lu Han do you have no hormones at all?" Sehun grinned mischievously while the others sniggered. 

"But Sehun, you never know what they do when they're alone." Kai wiggled his eyebrows, causing everyone to erupt into laughter. Lu Han punched Kai in the arm with a glare, hoping that would hide his embarrassment. 

"It's n-not like t-that!" Kyungmi stuttered, her voice reaching an octave higher. Her face grew even hotter, causing everyone to laughed even harder. 

They had seemingly forgotten all about Nayoung. The girl glared at the palms of her hands, the large weight in her heart growing heavier with each second. Could they just stop? Was dating each other not bad enough? Did they have to plan a date in front of her too? 

"So how about it? A date tomorrow. Promise we won't stalk you guys like last time."

"Sure," he replied distractedly and snuck another quick glance at the queenka. She was still gnawing on her lip, he was pretty sure it was bleeding. He felt a pang of worry. 

Chen, who was sitting to her right cleared his throat awkwardly, "Nayoung-ssi, you should eat your lunch." 

"Not hungry." Her short answer was laced with poison. 

"But the food will go to waste," Chen smiled at her despite the fact that she wasn't even looking at him. He didn't seem to be affect by her cold shoulder. 

"I don't care." 

"But you should still-" 

"Can you not? I'm not hungry. What are you? My mother? Just mind your own business! I don't need your god damn pity." Nayoung had shot up from her seat. She glared daggers at Chen and her fist were trembling from the effort to control her fury. Everyone was stunned into silence by her sudden outburst. 

"Yah! He's just being nice. Why are you yelling at him for no reason. Show a little gratitude." Baekhyun stood up, instantly defending his friend, "Why are being such a brat? He's just caring for you. He even offered for you to stay. You should be grateful." 

"Did I ever ask for your help? Do you think I want to be here?" 

They all glared at her coldly, and she gave them a look just as icy. Nayoung was being rude, and ungrateful, bratty. She knew she was, she didn't need them to tell her. She didn't mean to loose it and yell at Chen. But the fact that he was pitying her was infuriating. She had been overly sensitive since her parents had confronted her, and her emotions were raging through her uncontrollably at the moment. She didn't know how to cope with it. Nayoung turned to leave, feeling like she might suffocate if she stayed any longer. 

"At least wait until your parents leave." Nayoung stopped for a second, feeling her heart clench at Lu Han's voice. 

"Why? So I can watch you and Kyungmi hold hands? Sorry but I'll pass." The bitterness in her voice was like a slap in the face. Her voice came out weaker that he had expected, and for a moment Lu Han thought she would cry. But he knew better than that, Kang Nayoung doesn't cry. 

She stalked off before he could protest. 


~~~~


Lu Han was waiting at the bus stop for his girlfriend for the date Baekhyun and Kai had urged them to go on. And as promised, they were not stalking him. Now all he had to do was wait for Kyungmi to meet him. He sighed tiredly and slumped down on the bench. He was so drained of energy he felt like a walking corpse. 

The struggle to get out of the house was harder than expected this time. It took him almost an hour to get rid of Nayoung and escape from the house. The girl had been more sensitive than usual since the whole fiasco that happened at school. Even the slightest hint about Kyungmi sent her into a silent tantrum. Nayoung flipped tables when she found out he was secretly getting ready for a date with the said girl. And after an hour of dragging, running, hiding and wrestling, Lu Han managed to make a run for it. It took a lot more effort than he had been twice as stubborn, he had to drag her out of the front door to make her let go. 

He was snapped out of his daze when Kyungmi waved a hand in front of his face, "Oppa? Hello? Are you in there?" Kyungmi stared at him with her wide eyes, worried but confused at the same time. Lu Han broke out into a grin, Kyungmi was so damn cute. 

"Yeah. I'm here." He stood and sneaked an arm around her waist, a satisfied smirk reaching his lips when he noticed the bright shade of red on her cheeks, "Come on, let's go." 

They walked along the street in a comfortable silence. Kyungmi had never been the type to talk, but he didn't mind. Lu Han looked around at the shops and stalls they passed. The line of stores blurred past him as they walked. His doe eyes shifted to Kyungmi, she had worn a light pink sweater paired with a white skirt. A little fancier than usual. He smiled a little knowing she had tried to dress up for him. His hand left her waist, it was kind of awkward walking like that, and he decided to grab her hand instead. Kyungmi didn't seem to mind the change, and he secretly blew a sigh of relief. She was kind of insecure, and a bit sensitive when it came to these things. 

His eyes caught sight of a small clothing store on the corner of the road. The mannequin on display was wearing a casual black jacket with a pattern print along the edges. He had been trying to find something like that for ages. 

"Kyungmi, let's go into there." He pointed to the store and steered her into the right direction. 

"Okay," the girl smiled at him despite her confusion. Lu Han wasn't exactly the type to shop, but she didn't mind, there was a dress in there she wanted to buy anyway. 

She walked over to the other side of the store when they entered, searching for what she wanted. Except for her school uniform, Kyungmi barely ever wore dresses. She was more of the t-shirt and jeans type, but she did enjoy getting dolled up once in a while. It made her feel like a princess, made her feel more fitting to be with a prince like Lu Han, in a way. Since Nayoung had come into the picture Kyungmi's self esteem had probably dropped so low it reached the centre of the earth, and indulging herself in the little luxuries in life made her doubts and insecurities smaller. To a certain extent. She rummaged through the clothes until she found the cute floral patterned dress she was searching for. She saw the price tag and her mood deflated a little bit, too expensive for her poor purse. But she still wanted to try it on nonetheless. 

The dress fit her perfectly. The dress hugged her waist and ended just above the knee. Modest, yet elegant. She marveled at herself in the mirror for a few moments, not sure if the girl reflected in the mirror was actually her. She looked... Good.

"You..look amazing." Lu Han jaw dropped when he saw her in the dress. Damn she looked good. Really good. Really really good. He could feel the smile pulling at his lips already, Kyungmi looked like an angel. To think she was such a hidden beauty. The girl spun around quickly at the sound of her boyfriend's voice. Lu Han smiled gently at her, before turning his eyes back to the mirror where he could see her reflection. 

"L-Lu Han oppa! D-Don't look." She ran away and hid behind a couch, face turning beet red in embarrassment. How long had he been standing there? Had he been watching while she was posing in front of the mirror? Oh the shame. 

"But you look really good. I didn't know my girlfriend was so pretty." He squirmed a little at his own words, even though they were true. His cringeworthy words had become a habit from two years ago. He never liked being mushy, but it kept the girl happy, so he didn't mind sacrificing his manliness a little bit. 

Kyungmi ran back into the change room, coming out a few minutes later in her normal attire. She placed the the dress back on the rack that she had found it on. 

"You're not going to buy it?" 

She shook her head, "I can't afford it." 

"Problem solved." Lu Han grinned at her and found the dress again, "I'm paying." 

Kyungmi let out a protesting yell, "No, not again. You're not paying again." 

"Too bad." He grabbed the dress and ran to the counter before she could even say no. 


~~~~


"Oppa. I'm sorry." Kyungmi sniffled a little bit, pouting cutely as she frowned at him. 

"Hey. The guy always pays. Stop apologising." He patted her cheek and winked, causing he to flush a light pink. 

"But it was so expensive." She puffed out her cheeks and stared at the ground. The action was so cute that Lu Han had to resist the urge to pinch the girl's cheeks. 

"Stop it okay? Think of it as a-" 

His phone rang. 

"Yeobos-" 

"LU HAN!" Lu Han felt his mood drop. He could recognise that whiny voice anywhere. 

"What?" 

"Where are you?"
"On a date with Kyungmi."

"Yah! You can't go on dates with her!" 

"But she's my girlfriend," Lu Han sighed, a little irritated that the girl had just ruined the moment. 

"I'm your wife." 

"I don't care." He hung up, not giving her a chance to reply. 

Kyungmi gave him an insecure look, "Was it Nayoung?" 

"Yeah. Sorry." He didn't feel like smiling anymore. He just shook his head. 

~~~~

The mood had dampened considerably when Nayoung called the twentieth time. Lu Han had tried to ignore the calls, even turing his phone on silent, but the vibration was so annoying and he was close to a mental breakdown by the end of two hours. He wanted to turn his phone off so badly, but obligations to his family business required his phone to be on 24/7. 

"LU HAN OPPA!" 

"Don't call me. Ever. Again. Do you understand me?" 

"I'm going to keep calling until you get ba-" He hung up. The male brought a hand to his head and combed his hair back in frustration. He slumped down beside Kyungmi on the park bench and suppressed a growl. The two fell into silence. They both knew this date was never going to work out. And none of them knew what to say to make the situation any better.

"Hey Lu Han oppa." Kyungmi turned to him with a somber expression, "let's go home now." His anger spiked when Kyungmi gave him a fake smile, "it was fun. Thankyou." 

"I'm really sorry Kyungmi-ah. I'm really sorry." He didn't know what else to say, "I'll walk you home." 

"It's okay, I'll take the bus. It's not that late." She waved at him before turning to leave. 

Lu Han watched her figure disappear with a heavy heart.

Damn that annoying brat. 


_____________


Lu Han came home in a sour mood. That was an understatement, he felt like absolute crap. He was angry, furious, frustrated, annoyed, disappointed, regretful, guilty, just every single negative emotion all mixed in one. 

He just couldn't understand. Why was she so desperate and clingy? Why did she have to ruin the only date they'd ever had in the past month? Was having him at home not enough? How could someone be so selfish? Nayoung had her own personal problems, but that made no excuse for the way she acted. She just acted like such an immature little . He couldn't find it in his heart to try to understand her actions; there was just nothing to understand. 

He cursed his horrible luck. There were so many rich good looking guys at school, guys with much better reputations and were completely and absolutely head over heels for her. She could have gained so much more from them. So why was she just going after him? Maybe an evil witch had casted a spell on him since birth. Bad things always seemed to happen to him. 

He unlocked the door with dread and stepped in the house. Nayoung rushed to greet him. 

"You're back!" She exclaimed with a faint smile. 

Lu Han glared at her with such intensity that Nayoung's blood froze. "Yeah, I'm back. Happy now?" His voice was as cold as ice. Nayoung didn't know if she should be glad or not. She had gotten Lu Han home. But he was really angry. She could tell it was the usual animosity he would show her when she overstayed her welcome in his room, or when she kept him up all night because of her noisiness. She had stepped over the line this time. 

"You just ruined everything. Happy?" 

Nayoung glared at him stubbornly, "This wouldn't have happened if you just didn't go on the date with that stupid girl." 

How dare she say that? The immaturity astounded him. "Why do you hate Kyungmi so much?" 

"She a crybaby, and she's weak and can't even defend herself. She's annoying." Nayoung didn't even hesitate in replying. 

Lu Han felt something inside him loose it, "and you think you're any better? Stooping so low as to result to immature insults. Why are you always so determined to separate us? Why can't you just let us be. I'm freaking married to you. Isn't that good enough? How can you be so selfish. You can't make me fall for you okay? Just give up." He could feel the anger subside a tiny bit after letting out his rage. Why Kyungmi though? She never cared if he went out with the EXO boys. 

Nayoung scowled at him, as if saying that this was his fault. She her heel and left up the stairs with a stubborn 'no'.

He felt like he was going in circles. He'd start to believe she was actually a good person, but then he'd get a slap in the face by reality telling him he was wrong and that Nayoung will forever be Nayoung. He wasn't sure what emotion was coursing through him at the moment, was he feeling disappointment? After so long, he finally thought he was able to create a sense of understanding with her. He worried about her, even cared enough to cook food for her every day. He finally thought they were getting somewhere. He thought she might begin to understand. But just like every other single time, they'd somehow end up at square on again. 


But even though they'd always end up with nothing, Lu Han still continued to try. And he didn't know why he even bothered, because he was always left disappointed time and time again. 

 

________

I'm back guys wooo 

 

first I want to say I'm extremely sorry for not updating in forever. I missed last weeks update because I got really busy with my school work and had no time to write anything. TT.TT

 

THANKYOU ALL FOR READING COMMENTING SUBSCRIBING UPVOTING ETC. ETC. 

 

I shall see you all next week