Chapter 30 (Hiatus)

The Other Girl

 

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that this story will be on hiatus/discontinue. I've pretty much lost all motivation to write this story. I'm so sorry guys. I know I'm a terrible person and I'm disappointing 600+ people, but I really can't write anymore. I've been trying to get something done for the past month, but I seriously have not been able to do anything. I will finish this story someday because I've already gotten halfway, but that probably won't be anytime soon. 

If I ever find any inspiration and get over my writers block I will definitely update again. I'm sorry, it feels like I've just been giving you guys one disappointment after another. 

 

This is the next chapter in the story that I wrote a while back, it hasn't been editted or anything, and I'm very dissatisfied with this chapter but it's the least I can do. I hope you can take this as a 'gift of appreciation' for sticking with this story for such a long time even though I keep telling you hrough A/N's that I can't update and stuff. The chapter has no fluff and it's kinda crappy, sorry. 

 

Thanks so much for reading this story <3 I love you all, you're all so amazing. 

 

___________

 

Lu Han woke to the sound of his phone ring tone going off. He groaned, rolling over in his bed. But he didn't make a move to get up. He just lied there, face buried in the blankets, and waited for the call to cut off. His limbs just refused to move, the laziness was too much. The male waited another five minutes further before finally forcing his hand to move toward the phone. He checked his notifications, noticing a red '8' In his missed calls. This was either his father, or Nayoung, because no one ever called him that many times in a row, except those two. And considering The girl was still sleeping, it must be his father.

 

Lu Han stared at his phone, waiting for the next call to come because he knew his father's habits inside out. The expected call came a few minutes later, and the male picked up after the third ring.

 

"Appa?"

 

"Lu Han-ah! How are you doing?"

 

"Things are actually going really well."

 

He heard a chuckle from the receiver, "You seem rather cheerful."

 

"Oh? I do?"

 

"Things must be going really well then," Lu Han nodded, forgetting that he was on a call and his dad couldn't actually see it, "Oh right, I almost forgot. I called to tell you That we've been getting along well with the Kang's. They're surprisingly understanding about your situation, and are willing to let you have a divorce if you wish."

 

With that one sentence, the room seemed to turn cold, his mood dropped. His heart sank to his stomach. He had completely forgotten about that.

 

Lu Han's father paused for a moment, waiting for his son's reply. "Lu Han? Hello? Are you still there?"

 

The deer shook his head to clear his thoughts, "Oh uhm.. Yeah."

 

"Good news right?"

 

He wasn't sure. "Uhm..about that-"

 

"I have to go, sorry, but when you think it over call me."

 

And then the line went dead.

 

A long sigh escaped Lu Han's lips. He stared at the blank phone screen with a heavy heart, the frown deepening the longer he thought about it.

 

Divorce huh?

 

The word left a sour taste in his mouth.

 

He didn’t know what to think. But he knew that he couldn’t leave Nayoung to fend for herself. It wouldn’t have bothered him before, but now he actually knew how naive she was, he didn’t know if he could go back to the way it was before. The girl couldn’t cook for herself; she was the grottiest, unhygienic person he knew; and was the clumsiest idiot that ever stepped on to the planet. She had no common sense at all, how on earth could he leave her alone when she was such a child? What if she hurt herself? Would she be okay without him?

 

No matter how he looked at it now, there was no way he could leave her. No. He didn't want to leave her.

 

The male decided to keep the news to himself. Choosing not tell anyone, not even the girl herself. Because telling someone would mean that he had to make a decision, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to make one just yet.

 

“Oppa! Why are you still in bed? You’re normally already making breakfast by now, “ he heard loud stomping and footsteps approaching his door. The girl pushed his door open and poked her head through, “I’m hungry, come on hurry up and make me-OPPA PLEASE PUT ON SOME CLOTHES.”

 

Lu Han sprung awake at her wail, and he immediately pulled the blankets over himself, “Yah! you can’t just walk into a guy’s room like that!”

 

Nayoung had covered her eyes with both her hands, squeezing her eyes shut so she couldn’t even peak. For a moment Lu Han’s heart skipped a beat at her reaction. She was surprisingly innocent.

 

“Yahwhydoyousleephalf! Byuntae!” Her words had all slurred together in one big breath, and habit he noticed she had when she was either flustered or panicked.

 

“Why are you calling me a byuntae when you’re the looking!”

 

“I’m n-not!” Nayoung stuttered and ran out of the room and slammed the door shut behind her. He heard her muffled voice from the other side of the wall, “Come down when y-youire ready yeah?”

 

Lu Han cleared his throat awkwardly, coughing a few times to rid himself of the embarrassment. “U-Uh y-yeah.”


 

_________



 

"Lu Han oppa."

 

The said man lifted his head at the sound of his name. He was about to reply with a rude 'what do you want Nayoung' but stopped himself when he realised the voice was different. The girl's voice was a bit too soft, too shy, too polite. "Oh! Kyungmi. Hi."

 

He smiled at her awkwardly, hoping she wouldn't catch the tiny hint of disappointment in his tone.

 

"A new ice cream place just opened up down the road," she ducked her head shyly, darting her eyes across the floor to avoid eye contact, "I was wondering..." She trailed off into silence, un sure of how to continue.

 

"...If I can come with you?" Lu Han smiled at her, raising an eyebrow at to about her bashfulness.

 

Kyungmi blushed a light pink, "Yeah."

 

"Okay, let's go. I'll meet you at the gate afterschool."


 

~~~~


 

"Ready to go?" Lu Han pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and walked toward his girlfriend.

 

"Yeah."

 

Lu Han made no move to reach out and hold her hand, he simply fell into a distant silence. Kyungmi hid the frown that came to her face at the lack of skinship. He usually held her hand when they walked, and he'd usually start up a conversation straight away. But now he didn't.

 

"Is something wrong?" She lifted her gaze to meet his distant eyes.

 

Lu Han seemed to be in his own world, "...Did you say something?"

 

"Never mind."

 

"It's here right?" Lu Han changed the subject by pointing to the ice cream store.

 

"Mhmm."



 

Lu Han suppressed a tired sigh, scared that he might offend the girl if she noticed. It wasn't that he was disinterested, he was just distracted. The memory of the call from this morning resurfaced in his mind, and Lu Han's mood immediately dampened.

 

He didn’t want to get a divorce, but that would mean he had to break up with Kyungmi. And the male didn’t know if he could do that. How could he just leave her after three years? Lu Han rubbed his temples, feeling a headache throbbing painfully in the back of his mind. He didn’t know what to do.

 

He turned his attention to the girl that was eating, his face slowly turning void of emotion.

 

He didn’t feel anything.  

 

It seemed like something finally clicked, and he finally realised something he had looked past for the longest time. The flutter in his stomach had disappeared, his heart no longer beat with the same excitement like it used to. The usual current of electricity that ran through him when he touched her hand, pulled her into a hug; it was gone. There was no spark anymore.


 

_______



 

“Where did you go?” Nayoung tapped her foot impatiently on the carpet, narrowing her eyes, scrutinizing the male that had just come home with cold eyes.

 

“Just.. out.”

 

“You were with Kyungmi. You have that stupid look on your face.” She declared flatly with a huff of annoyance. Lu Han averted his gaze, suddenly feeling ashamed despite the fact that he did nothing wrong. “Again huh?”

 

“Well, she’s my girlfriend.” He used the same excuse again. The more he used it, the less natural it seemed, the words rolled off his tongue awkwardly, and it felt like he was almost forcing himself to say those words.

 

Nayoung’s eyes turned cold and sharp. Heartless and emotionless. “Why? She’s so weak and useless.”

 

Lu Han combed a hand through his blonde hair tiredly. If there was something that hadn’t improved between the two, it would be that every time the topic of Kyungmi came up, she’d revert back to the queenka attitude. No matter how close they got, no matter how much time they spent with each other.

 

“Y’know, you still never told me why you hate her so much; why you insult her and bully her. If you told me the reason, I might be able to understand.”

 

Nayoung ducked her head, refusing to look at him anymore. Just like every other single time he tried to approach the issue. And just like every other time, she her heel and marched up the stairs, slamming the door behind her.

 

There was still no reply.