Chapter 27

The Other Girl

Lu Han stepped out of his car, going around to the passenger seat to open the door for Nayoung. Before he could even reached the other side of the car, the door had already swung open. The girl jumped out of the car and started running around excitedly. 

"I can walk again! Oh my god it feels so good." Nayoung lifted her leg and wriggled her foot around, completely ecstatic despite the fact that was such a trivial matter. It just felt so good to be able to walk, to actually move her foot without being bounded by a cast. She heard Lu Han's all too familiar 'sigh of exasperation' and the girl turned to him with a sunshine like smile. 

Lu Han shook his head disapprovingly at her, "The doctor just told you to specifically not run around, literally half an hour ago, and now look what you're doing." 

Nayoung nudged his shoulder, "Eyy, lighten up a bit. It's just a little jog. No harm do-" she stopped talking and winced, tentatively lifting the weight off her foot with a worried frown. 

A wave of concern washed over Lu Han, and the male immediately rushed to her. He sent her a scolding look, but the worry laced in his eyes was impossible to miss. He bent down slightly, and a hand automatically came out to hold her steady. The touch sent a ripple of electricity through him.  "Yah. I told you to be careful."  

Then he heard her angelic laughter chime through the air. Nayoung dropped her foot and her heels, giggling like a child as she did so, "Just kidding." 

Lu Han's face completely wiped of emotion. He wasn't sure if he should be angry or not. On one hand, he was beyond relieved that she was okay, but on the other hand, he was just completely baffled by her immaturity. How could she make him worry like that? 

"Yah. Don't ever do that again." He gave her the coldest glare he could muster. 

The girl merely laughed again, "Geez, oppa. I'm not that weak. Please give me some credit," she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm actually insulted that you think so little of me. I stronger than I look." She made a cute 'hmph' sound and crossed her arms in faux anger. 

Lu Han felt his reply die at his tongue, realising that he was beginning to baby her. He was so used to being with Kyungmi that the concern just automatically blossomed at the smallest things. He had to remind himself that this was Nayoung, and she was perfectly capable of fighting a dinosaur from the prehistoric era. A tinge of pink reached his cheeks, and he looked away embarrassed. 

"But the doctor still said no strenuous activity for a week, just to make sure. No running, no heels, no platform shoes or whatever those things are called." 

Nayoung saluted him, "Yessir." 

Lu Han shook his head again, but couldn't contain the grin from reaching his features. The girl walked over and wrapped her right arm around his, the other pointing straight ahead, "Onward! We must go shopping." 

The deer gave a fake disgusted look, eyes traveling from his occupied arm and her face, to which she replied with a cocky 'You know you enjoy it.' 

"I don't. Let's just hurry so we can go home." But he made no move to remove his arm out of her grip. 


~~~~


"So what do we need?" Nayoung swiveled to the left so that she was facing him at an awkward angle. 

"Well first, we have to buy some stuff for the house, and clothes, and then we can go eat- god dammit Nayoung stop looking at me like that." He flicked her forehead so that she wasn't so insanely close to him, and the girl stumbled back. He hated when she did that. The male chose to ignore his erratic heart rate. 

"Okay, so where do we get this stuf- OH WOAH. Wow, this place is amazing. There's so many shops and everything." She let go of his arm, to his disappointment, and quickened her pace, eyes widening in awe. 

Lu Han shook his head with an amused chuckle, "No running." 

"OMO OPPA LOOK AT THIS." She rushed over to a shop that was selling little toy figures, "It's Optimus Prime. And Bumblebee. Oh my god look. It actually transforms. Woah." She turned around excitedly with the little toy in her hands, looking as if she had just seen the world's greatest magic trick. 

A sigh escaped the Chinese males lips before he could stop himself, "You look like you've never seen this before." 

"I haven't though. This is my first time coming to a market like this." Her answer caught him by surprise.

"You haven't?" He always thought everyone always came to places like this. 

The shook her head, "The maids always got stuff that we needed, so I never really needed to go out. It's kind of exciting, going out to a new place like this."  

Lu Han felt something stir in his chest, and he had the overwhelming urge to stop what he was doing and just take her around and have fun. It was just so tempting, and the way she looked at everything with such curiosity made him want to do it even more. 

"I'll take you out today then, we can have a little fun. Chores can wait." Lu Han was shocked by his own words. They seemed to just come out without his consent these days. It was out of character for him to do this, he was usually the studious 'get the job done first' type. Oh well, today could be an exception. 

"Really? You don't mind?" Her eyes lit up like diamonds, the unmistakable elation shining in her iris'. 

"I normally would, but I'll make an exception for you. So you should be grateful." He smirked at her, laughing as her grin grew wider. It was weird how natural bickering was to them now, almost second nature. 

"Please, you know you're just dying to be noticed by me." She flicker her hair with a contemptuous look, "you just love spending time with me don't you?" 

Honestly, he did enjoy being with her, talking, laughing, playing pranks and joking around. He didn't have to worry about his comments being insulting or having the constant fear that he'd hurt her feelings. Because her ego was just too big for feelings to be hurt, or she'd just throw an equally insulting comment right back. Lu Han almost felt like he'd been freed, like he was finally able to be himself, to be able to say whatever he wanted, to think and feel without burdens. 

And it was fun. It felt good. Because whenever he would talk to her, he'd end up laughing so hard he had trouble breathing, laugh so hard that he'd even feel sick sometimes. She just had this special ability that drew him to her. 

"Wahhh, look," She grabbed Lu Han's hand and dragged him over to a ddeokbokki stand, "It just looks so good." She eyed him meaningfully as she said so, turning to him and batting her long eyelashes. Using her aegyo at full blast. 

Lu Han glared at the girl, but reached for his wallet for money anyway. "Aish, you only care about food." 

The middle aged woman selling the food looked up at Lu Han with a warm smile, "Are you buying for your girlfriend as well?" He was at a loss for words, he didn't know how to reply. The woman didn't seem to notice his stuttering as she continued talking, "It's quite spicy, but delicious. Best on the street if I may say so myself. Here you go. "She handed him the food. "What a lovely young couple you two are." The lady chortled at Lu Han's reddening cheeks, "enjoy your date." 

Lu Han was just about to open his mouth to say 'no, we're not dating', but Nayoung's hand came flying across his face, slapping his mouth shut as she smiled politely at the middle aged woman. 

"Thank you." She bowed and then she dragged Lu Han away before he could fix up the misunderstanding. 

She grinned cheekily at him when he shot her an icy look, although he wasn't the least bit angry. He was doing it out of obligation rather than emotions. He pried her hand off his mouth and gave her a face. 

"Yah, we're not dating." 

"But we're on a date." 

"This isn't date." 

"Yes it is." 

"No. It's not." 

"Stop denying it, it's a date." She fed him a piece of ddeokbokki to shut him up. He happily took the offer, quickly shutting his mouth. He wasn't exactly bothered by the fact that the woman thought he was her boyfriend. He wasn't bothered at all to be completely honest.

They walked side by side, a comfortable silence enveloping the two. A few minutes later, the girl broke the silence.

"Give me some of your ddeokbokki." 

Lu Han protectively hugged his food to his chest, "eat your own." 

"She pouted disappointedly, "but I ate all of mine." 

"Already? Geez, it hasn't even been five minutes."  He stabbed his tooth pick into the rice cake and  fed it to her without hesitation. Nayoung tentatively looked up at him as she took a bite, a light pink dusting her cheeks. All he did was give her food, and he heart was already going wild. She had expected him to give her the food so she could eat it herself, but she never thought he'd actually feed her himself. 

She slapped her cheeks, hoping that the stinging pain would distract her from the male walking beside her. They passed a furniture store, and Nayoung finally remember what the purpose of going out today was for. 

“We have to go get some cleaning supplies don’t we?” She nudged Lu Han to get his attention. 

The male nodded nonchalantly, still busy eating his ddeokbokki. He noticed her ‘why-are-you not-listening-to-me’ glare and fed her another piece of ddeokbokki before she could complain. He laughed when her face flushed, and then guided her toward a store a few metres away, “I was listening, idiot. You weren’t even going the right direction in the first place.” 


~~~~


“Hey, hey oppa! Let’s go in there.” Nayoung pointed to a clothing shop on her left. 

He made a face at the girly lolitta style exterior and groaned, “It’s so pink and gross though.” 

“That’s the point, dummy. Come on.” Her iron grip on his arm didn’t loosen as she hauled him there against his will. She’d been hugging his arm all day, dragging him one place to another. But he didn’t mind, seeing her face light up with such childish wonder was cute; it was totally worth it. In his opinion at least. 

She immediately went over to the dresses, searching through with a mischievous glint in her eye. She settled on a large floral patterned maxi dress. It was a bright fluorescent pink, with frills at the t. Lu Han raised an eyebrow at her sense of fashion, it wasn’t that bad last time he checked. Nayoung looked satisfied with her pick and began walking toward him. He was readying himself to reject her when she lifted her arm up and rested the dress across his chest. And then she immediately bursted out into laughter. 

“Lu Han, this would look so good on you. The pink would really bring out your facial hairs.” And then she continued to laugh, rolling on the floor and clutching her stomach, “Help me, I think I’m getting abs.” 

The deer was left dumbfounded for a moment, and then he found himself chuckling as well. Her immature jokes were irritating at times, but there was a certain charm about them at the same time. “You took me here just to do that?” 

“Yeah, pretty much,” she grabbed his hand and led him to the accessories. Lu han watched with an amuse smile when he saw her eyebrows knit together in concentration, she seemed to be seriously making a decision. The girl settled two hair clips, one with a navy bow and the other a white polka dotted one. 

She carefully clipped the white bow into her hair, examining her reflection in the mirror, “Does it look okay?” 

He nodded a little to enthusiastically. The colour matched her hair perfectly, and it gave her a cute feminine touch, softening her sharp features. He never knew a simple hair slip could make such a big difference; she looked beyond good. Not that she didn’t look absolutely breath taking every day anyway. 

“Now your turn.” She reached up to her tippy toes and slid the pin into his hair, pulling his fringe to the side. After a few seconds of adjusting and pulling here and there, she stepped back, satisfied with her work. 

Lu han could only sigh as she grinned at him from ear to ear, “Why are you doing this to me?” 

“But oppa, We’ll have matching hair clips. And it can keep your fringe away from your face when you’re studying.” 

His full attention had fallen on her when she said that. 

She noticed?

The deer felt a warm sensation spread from his chest, the tingling reaching all the way to his fingertips. His fringe had been growing out, and it was a pain in the because when he didn’t style it it would just fall into his eyes. He never complained about it though, so he didn't expect that Nayoung would notice those little things. It was slightly more than a pleasant surprise. 

But he still wasn’t quite that keen to use a girly looking clip in his hair. 

He hunched down slightly so he would be on eye level with Nayoung, and the two examined themselves in the mirror. The queenka’s face contorted into a frown, and she shook her head, taking the bow out of Lu Han’s hair. 

“No, no this won’t do.” 

“Hmm? Why?” He cocked his head to the side, if he ignored the fact that he was a male, he thought looked pretty good to be honest. 

“You look prettier than me. And I'm the girl.” 

Lu Han felt laughter bubbly at the bottom of his throat at her honest reply, “But I’m a guy, it’s fine.” 

He didn't understand her logic, she was already stunning without even putting in effort.  

Nayoung shook her head, acting like she had a migraine, “Why do you have to be so good looking for? Geez, it makes everything so much harder.” 

He wasn’t sure if she was trying to flatter him or not, “I’ll just take that as a compliment.” 

His eyes fell onto the white polka dotted hair clip on the stand before turning away. The male made a mental note to buy that for her some time. He ruffled her hair, making sure to mess it up as much as possible, “Come on, it’s getting late we have to get back.” 

“Yah! My hair.” She attempted to flatten the flyaway strands as they left the shop, only to have Lu Han mess it up even more than before. The girl grumbled to herself, quickening her stride so that he wouldn’t be able to mess it up again when she fixed it. 

Lu Han shoved his left hand into his pant pocket, while his right arm swung around the plastic bag containing everything they bought in it. He had pretty much wasted the whole day just being dragged around by his wife, but he didn’t feel like it was a waste. It had been so long since he’d been able to enjoy himself so wholeheartedly. 

“Hey oppa?” Nayoung turned around to face him.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks,” she beamed at him, and it felt like fireworks had gone off in his head, “I had fun today.” 

Lu han found himself smiling back. 

“Me too.” 

 

 

 

_____________

Yeayyy chapter 27, wow, this story is getting so long. 

I spent the whole day writing this XD hopefully it's good. If it isn't then too bad >.<

I just noticed the passed the 500 subscriber mark, it probably doesn't seem like much but it means a lot to me, considering this is my first story. THANKYOU GUYS, I REALLY DO LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. 

I'm really grateful for your support, thankyou all for reading, and commenting, and upvoting. 

I'll see you all next week.