Chapter 1

The Other Girl
 
The school bell rang, indicating that it was lunch break. Lu Han heaved a heavy sigh and dropped his head onto his wooden desk. He closed his eyes and rested his head on top of his arms, maybe now he would be able to get some sleep.  He felt a finger poke his side and let out an annoyed grunt, fidgeting a bit in his seat. He felt it again, only this time, against his cheek. Lu Han shook off the unwanted guest, only to get a harsh whack on the head.  
 
"Yah. Don't make me drag you to lunch." Xiumin ruffled the Chinese male's blonde hair, messing up his perfect fluffy curls. 
Lu Han pouted childishly before pushed his chair out with a loud, unflattering screech. 
Xiumin winced slightly at the harsh sound of wood scraping against the floor. He was about to scold the younger male, but stopped as soon as he noticed Lu Han's crestfallen expression. He looked almost dead.
 
"Lu Han-ah. It's okay. Just go talk to her about it and it'll be fine. Come on, let's go meet the others." Xiumin patted him on the back encouragingly and they both exited the classroom. 
 
Luhan Dragged himself to his locker, fumbled with the code and carelessly threw the contents in his arms in. He leaned his head against the metal and sighed loudly, feeling a headache already tingling in the back of his mind. He felt like crap. Luhan had stayed up the whole night, suffocating under the bed sheets while worrying about his relationship with Kyungmi. 
 
Last night, he had found out that his parent's had organised an arranged marriage with the CEO's daughter from a large company. The news dropped on him so unexpectantly that didn't even quite understand the situation until a few hours later. His parents then ordered him to call Kyungmi. That hadn't gone so well either. He screwed up and ended up upsetting her. Just thinking about it now brought back the rage he was feeling from the night before.
 
The chinese boy let out a low growl, he was just so frustrated. How could his parents just do that to him? Just when things were finally beginning to look up between him and Kyungmi, just when the hating and snarky comments began to die down, this happened. A bomb had suddenly dropped and destroyed all the good things that were happening in his life. What pissed him off more was the fact that his parents knew he was dating, they knew he was in a relationship with Kyungmi, and they knew how much he loved her, and yet they just threw his feeling aside and forced him into a marriage. Did his opinion not matter? He had never disobeyed them before, he always abided by the rules, did whatever was asked of him. All he ever wished in return was to be able to love who he wanted. He had to do so much for his parents to be with Kyungmi, he made her suffer so much to finally get their approval. And he thought he had finally succeeded, but he was wrong. They never approved of her after all. 
But that wasn't what bothered him the most. What hurt him the most was the fact he had made Kyungmi cry, made her get so upset she even began to yell at him through the phone. Kyungmi never yelled. She was always the quiet one that accepted all his troubles without complaint. It pained him to know that he was the reason for her tears. 
 
His attention was caught when he heard a few girly giggles from behind him. He turned his head to see a group of his school fangirls. 
 
"Oh my god he looks so good when he's angry." 
 
"He looks so hot." 
 
Luhan scrunched his nose up in distaste as the girls squealed again. He did not want to deal with this right now. He slammed the locker door closed and stormed off, letting off a bit of steam. 
 
He reached the cafeteria and was met with more noise. He searched through the sea of students trying to find a familiar giant in the crowd. He spotted a head of brunette hair and heard a familiar deep voice, that was definitely Chanyeol's laughter. His smile widened further when he caught a glimpse of rainbow hair. Sehun was also there. 
 
Kris waved to him, "Lu Han! What took you so long?" 
 
He smiled meekly in return, "Just had to clean up my locker." His eye's automatically met with a gentle pair of iris', Kyungmi. The said girl smiled gently at him and shyly looked away. Sehun shuffled over and Lu Han took his usual spot, between the maknae and his girlfriend. 
He cleared his throat roughly, "Kyungmi-ah, about yesterday-" 
 
The younger girl stopped him and shook her head, "Aniyo.. It's okay oppa." She immediately turned pink at calling him 'oppa'. Lu Han couldn't help a smile cross his features, feeling his heart flutter at her words. 
 
Kai groaned at the couple, "Oh my god guys. You've been dating for two years, and you're still embarrassed by calling him oppa?" Kai raised an eyebrow at Kyungmi, and the girl darted her eyes toward her food, feeling her face flush again. Suho chuckled at the couple before going back to his lunch. 
 
Sehun looked over at his hyung and rolled his eyes, he could almost see the rainbows shooting out of his head. Lu Han didn't even notice the other members reactions, eyes only focusing on his girl. This was why he loved her so much, she was always so forgiving and kind. She was probably the most selfless person he had ever met, or ever will meet. They way she can be so understanding, no matter how much pressure he put on her, it was a trait only she had. Lu Han's heart swelled with happiness. 
 
 
___________
 
 
Nayoung looked up from her food as the table in front of her erupted in laughter again. She rolled her eyes frustratedly and began to pick at her lunch. They were so damn loud. That stupid Park Chanyeol's laughter was always so disruptive. Nayoung heaved a heavy sigh and let her head fall on the table, she was so tired. Her parents had suddenly bomb-shelled her with an unplanned arranged marriage. The stress kept her up all night, she was late for school, and got scolded multiple times by the teachers because she wasn't paying attention in class. How did they expect her to focus in class when she was about to become some random guys wife? She was absolutely fuming this morning, she wasn't going to marry some random dude, she only wanted to marry Lu Han. No one else. Her eyes peaked over to the table in front, automatically spotting a head of fluffy golden locks. She almost sighed dreamily when he smiled, his round doe eyes forming crescents. The fact that her parents were taking her love life away as well just added onto the load of hate and resentment she had. She was immensely angry, pissed, frustrated, tired, and just not in the mood.  
 
"Yah. Nayoung-ah, are you listening to me?" Her cake faced 'friend' nudged her with an elbow and looked at her expectantly. 
 
"Yeah. Yeah. I'm listening," she mumbled under her breath and nodded nonchalantly. 
 
Her friend seemed satisfied with her response and continued to gossip, "So like, he chose her of me. Her. Is he blind? Like that little doesn't even know what fashion is. She doesn't even wear make up. I'm so much better, but he didn't choose me." 
 
Her other friend gasped in an exaggerated manner, "Ewwwww. Lee Taemin's going out with her? Like Lee Taemin the senior?" Nayoung closed her eyes and zoned out of the conversation. She never liked gossip, it was full of rubbish. A waste of time. 
 
"Hey Nayoung. That girl's looking at you weirdly." Her friend nudged her and pointed in front of her, toward Kyungmi. The said girl quickly looked down when Nayoung made eye contact.
 
Nayoung scoffed and turned away, "Just ignore it." She rested her head on her arms and closed her eyes. She did not want to deal with this right now.
 
~~~~
 
"Hey, she's looking at you again."
 
"Leave it."
 
~~~~
 
"She's still staring at you." 
 
"Mmhhmm." 
 
~~~~
 
"Yah, why does she keep staring at you? Aish. It's annoying."
 
"I said ignore it okay?" 
 
Her friend scowled and poked her, "If you saw the way she's looking at you, you'd get annoyed too." 
The frustrated girl tried her best to ignore it, but she knew her patience was reaching it's limit. Nayoung lifted her head up, immediately locking eyes with the said girl, and immediately, she could feel her anger boil. She hated it so much when people looked at her like that. She could see it, the judgement in Kyungmi's eyes. It looked almost like she was wondering how Nayoung would hurt her. The looked that said 'What's she going to do to me next?' It was the superior look, the look a royal would give a commoner. 
 
"It's almost like she thinks she's better than you. Nayoung-ah, aren't you going to do anything?" Her friend turned to her with an urgent gaze. 
 
"No." She rolled her eyes, she knew her friend only wanted some drama, and she was trying to avoid it. She just couldn't give a damn, but Nayoung knew her patience was wearing thin, and she was extremely close to losing it. She turned her face away, hoping that not seeing her face would help her calm down. 
 
It wasn't working.
 
 Despite the fact that she was not looking in that direction, she could almost feel Kyungmi's gaze boring into her. Those same judgmental eyes. Every time she looked over, Kyungmi's eyes would dart away. It was as if she was mocking her, saying she was better because she had Lu Han, and Nayoung didn't.  She had put up with it long enough, but after almost the whole lunchtime, she couldn't take it. She snapped. 
 
Nayoung shot up from her seat and rushed over, feeling her anger grow even more as the older girl  automatically moved closer to Lu Han. 
"Yah. Lee Kyungmi. Can you stop looking at me like that? It's annoying." Nayoung didn't use honorifics, despite being the younger of the two, but she didn't care right now. The older girl darted her eyes away, averting her eyes toward her food. She didn't reply, but Nayoung caught the flash of fear that came across her eyes. She almost scoffed at how vulnerable she seemed, she was a year older for god's sake, why was she afraid of a girl who was only in her 2nd year? 
"You're not going to talk to me? Really? Are you really going to do that?" 
Kyungmi shook her head silently, not daring to meet Nayoung's eyes, and then Nayoung noticed something that made her furious. Kyungmi was crying. She could see the tears welling up in her eyes, and now she just wanted to slap the girl for being so weak. 
"Oh, so you're going to cry too? How much better can this get?" Nayoung sneered. She absolutely hated girls like this. The princess like girls that always depended on others. Ones that cried about everything, ones that couldn't do anything for themselves. People that needed others to protect them. Weak people. She hated them. It was stupid to depend on others. If you couldn't defend yourself, no one else would. She hated cry babies. In her eyes, it was just another way to seek attention from others, it was a sign of weakness and neediness. Looking at the pathetic sight in front of her made her want to spit on their faces. The way they mothered over her was stupid. 
"Just stop crying already, it's pathetic. Grow up." Nayoung's scowl deepened when the tears fell down Kyungmi's face.
 
_________
 
Kyungmi attempted to blink back her tears, but they slid down her cheeks instead. She clenched her fists, hoping that the girl in front of her would go away. Each word that came out of Nayoung's mouth was like an arrow through her heart. She felt pathetic, small, and insignificant with Nayoung towering over her.
 
 Kyungmi looked up in surprise when she felt a warm comforting hand on her shoulder. It was Lu Han. He squeezed her shoulder, as if to say it was alright. She looked behind her to meet his doe like eyes and he smiled at her. It was warm, sincere, and for a moment, Kyungmi forgot what situation she was in. He gave her one last smile before his expression turned dark. Lu Han sent a glacial glare toward Nayoung before standing up. 
He held Kyungmi's hand, "Let's go, you don't need to listen to this Kyungmi." 
 
Lu Han led her out of the cafeteria, away from all the noise. He stopped near the back of the school, underneath a large oak tree. 
"Kyungmi-ah.." Lu Han gently reached up and wiped a fews stray tears with his thumb, "Don't cry, don't be upset over those useless things. Arasseo?" 
 
Kyungmi felt her cheeks turn red at the contact, "Arasseo." Was it weird that she still felt her heart leap each time he touched her? 
Lu Han gently wrapped his arms around the small girl, pulling her into a hug. He felt a soft breeze blow past and he smiled. 
"Oppa.. Promise you'll be with me forever?" Lu Han was slightly startled by her question, it was the first time she had asked something like this. He hesitated for a moment, feeling a lump form in his throat. And he immediately frown in confusion. Why was he so hesitant in answering? The male shook his head, shaking the strange feeling from his chest. 
He pulled her closer, resting his head on her shoulder, 
 
"I promise." 
 
_________
A/N 
first chapter is up yeayyyyy
Sorry If this chapter was somewhat boring,  the first few few chapters won't really have any action because of Lu Han and Nayoung's not-very-good relationship
Thankyou for everyone that has subscribed to this story and I hope this first chapter didn't disappoint you