Nanie92: Partner in Crime (Hoya)

Infinite One Shots Galore!

 Nanie checked her watch and rolled her eyes.

"Late," she said.

Currently Nanie was in her schools auditorium to meet up with Hoya who was now 10 minutes late. Nanie wasn't a fan of Hoya in the first place and she wanted nothing more then to be free from dancing with him. Nanie however, promised her friend JoonHee that she would. So she continued to wait for Hoya.

Originally JoonHee was supposed to dance with Hoya at the year end ceremony. Unfortunately JoonHee broke her leg and now it's up to Nanie to take her place.

"Where is that loser?" Nanie asked as she checked the time again.

"Why not check the stage?"

Nanie turned to see Hoya walking up to the stage. She rolled her eyes once again.

"Just shut up and lets get this over with."

"You have to learn full, complex choreography in less then a week."

"Exactly, so try to keep up."

Hoya ignored Nanie's remark as he took out his iPod and told Nanie what they would be dancing to.

"First, I need to see what I'm working with," Hoya told her.

He played a song and awaited what he thought was going to be a train wreck dance. Hoya instead found himself pleasantly shocked. For a second he almost thought she was better than JoonHee.

"That was... Decent," he said, catching himself at the last moment.

 

The last thing he needed is for her to think that he thought she was good. But really she was one of the best he'd seen.

An hour into learning the choreography and the two had gone without insulting each other. But it had to end sometime.

"The move is so easy a monkey a do it," Hoya said.

"Then you do it since you are one. Plus, I never said I couldn't do it. I could do it but I refuse to."

For the sake of time, Hoya changed the moves and they went on. The two continued through the night not even aware of the time. Nanie found herself almost enjoying the time with Hoya.

"You know, for a popular, you aren't that bad," Nanie complimented.

"Thanks... I think. Anyway, it's late. Let's continue tomorrow."

Nanie checked the time and freaked out. She ran out without a goodbye and hurried to her friends house.

"Gosh, late and sweaty," JoonHee joked as Nanie came in.

"Sorry. I was..."

"I know where you were. It's fine. And things must be going well if you were practicing all day."

"I don't want to let you down. So I suffered through."

The next few days after school Hoya and Nanie continued to meet and practice. Hoya's friends weren't exactly happy with it.

"Haven't you practiced the dance enough?" Sungjong asked.

"Yeah. Come dance with us. Not some girl," Dongwoo said.

Hoya let out a nervous laugh.

"I would dance with you guys. But the thing is, I know the dance, Nanie on the other hand... Well, let's just say you  guys are probably in for a real treat on Friday. If you know what I mean."

Hoya laughed along with his friends and was relieved he talked his way out of it. Since everything was good, Hoya left his friends to meet up with Nanie in the auditorium. He was ready to spend the afternoon with her but that all changed when he got their and saw her sitting on stage with her face in her hands.

"Nanie?" he asked.

"Go away," she yelled.

Hoya stood their confused. Was it something he had done? What could he have done? Hoya didn't have a clue.

"Do you want to skip practice today? You look..."

"Hoya I said go away!" Nanie yelled again.

She got up from the floor and Hoya watched as she wiped away her tears.

"Nanie what's wrong?"

"Stop acting like you care! You don't! I thought you were different from your friends but your the same as them. Stupid and heartless!"

Hoya ran on stage and tried to give Nanie a hug. She pushed him away and began to collect her things.

"Nanie, what did I do?" Hoya asked.

"You just let your friends make fun of me and went along with it. You told them I can't dance."

"What was I supposed to say?"

"Anything but that! How am I supposed to believe that I can dance? JoonHee was the only one who saw me dance until a couple days ago. I never dance in front of anyone. But I danced in front of you for my friend. To do her a favor. But I guess she's going to be disappointed to find out it's a solo. I'm done."

Hoya followed Nanie out and tried to stop her. It didn't work and he found himself watching her run down the sidewalk.

"I messed up," Hoya said, "I messed up big time."

Hoya had never meant for Nanie to hear him talking to his friends. He just needed them off his back. Hoya took a moment to think about what Nanie said. How she's never danced in front of anyone before that wasn't JoonHee. Then Hoya thought of his friends. What he told them.

"I have to fix this," Hoya said.  

Hoya waited for Nanie the next morning by her locker but she never showed. He tried to find her at lunch but she wasn't anywhere in sight. Hoya ignored his friends as they invited him to hang out and Hoya looked for JoonHee. She was walking out the school on her crutches when Hoya finally found her.

"Have you seen Nanie?" he asked.

"Yeah, she's in the auditorium practicing for tomorrow."

Hoya ran to the auditorium and found Nanie in there practicing. He stood and watched her as she continued on, not knowing he'd come in. When Nanie struck her end pose, Hoya clapped making Nanie snap her head toward him.

"Your still going to do it?" he asked.  

"I don't want to but after thinking it through last night, I told JoonHee I would do it and so this is all for her. I could care less about you."

Hoya decided he could accepted her answer for now. He joined her up on the stage and they ran it through twice before Nanie called it quits for the day.

"I've been hiding in here all day an practicing. Honestly, i'm tired of this stupid song," Nanie explained.

She took a sip from her third water bottle of the day and Hoya gave a small smirk.

"Really? I can't get enough of this song," he said.

"And why is that?"

"It reminds me of you."

Nanie looked at Hoya unable to say anything.

"Listen. I'm really sorry for yesterday. I should have defended you but I didn't. I should have told them that you dance amazingly! Your better than JoonHee and she was supposed to be doing this with me. This week has been good and after we dance tomorrow I don't want us to stop hanging out."

Nanie smiled and walked over to Hoya, giving him a hug. After he got over the initial shock, Hoya hugged her tight and figured this was her way of saying goodbye.

"Tomorrow, we will rock this stage. Then we go for ice cream."

Her words made Hoya sigh for relief. He picked her up gave her a spin before setting her back down.

Next day after the dance, Nanie and Hoya celebrated a job well done with ice cream like Hoya said.

"We make a great team," Nanie said.

"Yeah, we do. So with that being said. Nanie, do you want to be my dance partner forever and always?"

Nanie his her smile behind the ice cream cone and tried to keep her cool.

"I thought you'd never ask."

_____________________________

This is way overdue and so are all the other requests. I'm really sorry to make you all wait! I haven't written in a while so I'm kind of rusty you could say. Still, I hope you enjoyed your very late one shot and the others are coming!