FTI4forever: Can You Smile (Sungjong)

Infinite One Shots Galore!

 

Sungjong ran down the street. Even though he was breathing heavy and wished he could stop and rest, he couldn’t. Not unless he wanted to be late again and get scolded by Sunggyu and his managers. Soon he started to slow to a jog and that’s when he noticed her.

 

Sitting on the bench, was Brenda who was balling her eyes out. Sungjong’s jog slowed until he was stopped in front of the girl. His worries of being in trouble faded as he saw her crying. He wanted to help her.

 

“Hi, are you alright?” Sungjong asked.

 

Brenda’s head lifted up from her hands and she wiped her eyes as she looked at Sungjong from Infinite in front of her. Not wanting to be a bother, Brenda nodded her head.

 

“Those don’t look like tears of joy. Do you want to tell me what’s wrong? I have time.”

 

Sungjong knew he didn’t have any time and even if he ran the rest of the way, he’d still be late. That’s why he decided it didn’t make a difference if he was a minute later than what he was going to be.

 

“You shouldn’t worry about me,” Brenda told him, “I’ll be fine.”

 

She attempted to smile but she couldn’t. Sungjong sat beside her on the bench and mustered up all the cuteness he could. He used it all in the cutest pose he could make. It made Brenda smile and feel better.

 

“Don’t be sad,” Sungjong said while pouting as cute as possible, “be happy!”

 

Sungjong flashed Brenda his adorable smile which brought her to laugh to herself. She didn’t know why Sungjong was trying to cheer her up but it was working.

 

Brenda wiped her eyes again and forgot all about her troubles as Sungjong made her smile.

“There we go! A smile!” Sungjong exclaimed.

 

Brenda was an Inspirit but her focus was always on Sungyeol. She almost never paid attention to anyone else. But as Sungjong sat with her and made her smile and laugh, she felt bad for not noticing the others. Or at least Sungjong.

 

Ten minutes later and Sungjong’s phone went off.

 

“I’m dead,” he said as he got up off the bench and started to run off.

 

He came back and quickly said goodbye to Brenda and then ran off again as he answered his phone and notified Hoya that soon he would be there.

 

As Sungjong came into the room, all eyes were on him. He bowed to them and apologized for being late.

 

“I think you set a personal record for being late. What do you have to say for yourself?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“I say that it was worth it,” Sungjong said as he thought of Brenda.

 

It was okay, In Sungjong’s opinion, that he was late because he was able to bring a smile to someone who needed it. He’d take the punishment for being late because it didn’t matter since he did a good deed today. 

Hope you liked it! ^^