aaj_kpop: Second Chance (Sunggyu)

Infinite One Shots Galore!

 

AhnMi sat in her room and stared at the text she was debating sending. She wanted to break up with Sunggyu but something was holding her back. That thing? The old Sunggyu. The kingka that she used to see in the halls of the school who was as sweet as can be. Everyday AhnMi hoped to see that Sunggyu and everyday she was left disappointed. The Sunggyu that AhnMi was thinking of was the one before he had his heartbroken by a girl.

Sunggyu really liked AhnMi. He may not have showed it and he might have acted cold but it came automatic at the thought of AhnMi breaking his heart. It was a mere four days until their one month anniversary. AhnMi figured Sunggyu would open up and answer her calls and be a good boyfriend for her but he hadn't. A person can only wait so long and AhnMi was tired of waiting. Other people were starting to think that Sunggyu was paying her to be his girlfriend.

“I'll do it,” AhnMi said aloud to herself.

She hit the send button then continued to stare at the phone as she awaited his reply. The sound of her ringtone scared AhnMi and she dropped her phone on the ground. AhnMi dove for it and took a deep breath to calm herself before answering his call.

“You wanna break up?” Sunggyu asked.

AhnMi could tell that he was outraged.

“Your telling me you didn't expect this?” AhnMi asked back.

She stood tall as if he was in front of her. It helped her stay strong.

“You thought I did? AhnMi I...”

Sunggyu trailed off and let out a huge sigh. AhnMi wasn't sure but to her it sounded like Sunggyu was hurt by her wanting to break up. The news was the worst news Sunggyu had received today. He wanted to keep his relationship with AhnMi.

“Before you do this, meet with me. The least you can do is break up with me in person.”

AhnMi knew what would happen if she met up with Sunggyu but she still agreed. They met at a park nearby and AhnMi saw Sunggyu sitting on a bench. His foot was tapping nervously as he looked around for her. He had a single red rose in his hands. AhnMi thought about leaving before he saw her but she knew she'd feel bad later. As AhnMi got closer, Sunggyu spotted her and stood up right away. He held out the rose to AhnMi as he spoke,

“AhnMi, Don't break up with me just yet,” Sunggyu said.

AhnMi just looked at the flower.

“Why shouldn't I?” she asked.

Sunggyu's hands dropped to his side as he realized AhnMi wasn't going to accept the flower. He went to plan B and pulled AhnMi into a hug. The act surprised AhnMi and she stood confused as Sunggyu hugged her. AhnMi didn't want to admit that she loved the hug. It was tough for AhnMi not to hug him back. He never hugged her. They barely held hands.

“Because I love you,” Sunggyu whispered into her ear.

It was the first time Sunggyu had said it to AhnMi. He was surprised he could even say it but glad he did. AhnMi thought that she heard wrong.

“You what?” she asked.

Sunggyu stepped back and looked AhnMi in the eyes.

“I love you. I'm sorry for being the worst boyfriend ever. I was just scared of being hurt. But I know now that you won't hurt me and that I've hurt you. If you would please continue to be my girlfriend, I'll be better. The best.”

Once again, Sunggyu tried to give AhnMi the rose. This time she took the rose and gave it a sniff. She couldn't help but smile. Sunggyu took it a step further and began to sing to her. Until now, AhnMi had never heard Sunggyu sing. She thought she was listening to an angel. After the song, she was left stunned. Sunggyu stood there and waited for AhnMi to say something. AhnMi pulled Sunggyu into a hug and kissed his cheek.

“I love you too,” she said.

The moment was ruined by Sunggyu's phone. He took it out and didn't even bother to look at the call before he turned off his phone.

“Come on, let's spend the day together. You and me,” Sunggyu said as he took hold of AhnMi's hand. 

____________________________

Really sorry for the wait! Still, I hope that you like it. :)

I'm sorry also to everyone else waiting for a one shot. They should be up soon!