Chapter Two

Something Left Behind

Six months after they got married, ZiTao thought that they had it all. YiFan had graduated college and took over his father's business while ZiTao was still in college but he was studying to be a doctor besides a business man like his husband.

 

At first ZiTao thought that it would be easy, being married and still going to college while YiFan was working, but that wasn't the case. 

 

YiFan would come home at late times of the night, reeking of liquor most nights. ZiTao thought that it was just a little business outing and didn't think that he was doing anything wrong.

 

ZiTao would come home late at night, depending on his work schedule at the little coffee shop that he worked at. He hated the fact that he came home to an empty house and feeling like he had to watch the clock every hour, waiting for that one person to come home.

 

He felt if YiFan would come home late, then he should call him not leave him home alone with dinner waiting for the two of them but it going to waste after the clock strikes nine. He would always put the dinner nicely in a lunch box, write a note telling YiFan how much he loved him and putting it in the fridge. 

 

Every night, he would shower alone and go to sleep with alone with no one to warm him up during cold nights. He felt like his marriage was falling apart just after six months. 

 

One day, he was coming home later from work and was about to enter his house until a man with chubby cheeks, orange hair covering his eyes, came walking out of the house with a smile on his face. 

 

Tears automatically sprang into ZiTao's eyes as he thought of the worst already. He ran inside his house and saw YiFan drinking a can of beer with no shirt on and his hair a mess. ZiTao went to his husbands side and slapped him across the face. 

 

"What the hell was that for?!" YiFan yelled out after he touched the burning cheek, looking at his husband with anger in his eyes. 

 

"Who was that walking out of the house?!"

 

"It's none of your damn business is it!" YiFan mumbled a string of cruse words under his breath and walked to his room. "God ZiTao, you're an idiot sometimes."

 

"I'm the idiot?! You've been out all hours of the night doing God knows what and you're telling me that I'm the idiot?! Who leaves their husband home alone every night with dinner ready, trying to make his husband feel rested after a long day at work?!" ZiTao yelled back but with tears running down his face. 

 

"Who accuses their husband of cheating on him?!"

 

"Obviously you do !" YiFan grabbed ZiTao and threw him against the wall with so much force that a picture of them on their first date fell down the wall, cracking the mirror in the between the picture, separating ZiTao and YiFan. 

 

"Fine! I've been cheating on you! You happy ZiTao?!" The younger ran out from the room and put on his shoes. He was about to walk out the door and leave until he felt someone grab his arm. "Where the do  you think you're going?"

 

"I'm going to YiXing's." He got out of YiFan's grip and looked at the older with hate in his eyes. "I want a divorce." Those words pierced YiFan's heart. 

 

Reluctantly, he bit his lip and nodded. "I think we should get a divorce too. I'll give you tomorrow to collect your belongs. After that, I'm changing the locks."

 

With out giving him a proper goodbye, ZiTao left the house, only to return to collect his things and give YiFan the divorce papers. 

 

Tomorrow seemed to come too fast, sending ZiTao back to the house with the divorce papers, that JunMyeon gave him, folded in his hands and his older brother and his best friend helping him move. 

 

When they walked in the house, ZiTao saw that YiFan was on the couch with a box of half of what the younger owned. ZiTao gave YiFan the divorce papers in exchange for the box that the older was holding. 

 

"You know after this," YiFan started but stopped when he saw ZiTao almost in tears. "We won't see each other ever again." He ended with a sinful smile.

 

"Keep the rest of my stuff." ZiTao grabbed the box and walked to the front door. "I don't want to be in this house any longer." He walked out of the door with just a box of clothes, shoes and pictures of them.

 

ZiTao set the box down, took one of the pictures from the box and smashed it on the cement road, earning a shriek of terror from YiXing and his friend. 

 

"I ing hate him!" He screamed out at the top of his lungs. "Rot in hell!" He smashed another picture on the road.

 

"ZiTao stop!" His friend grabbed his arm and put him inside the car. "Breath in. Breath out." ZiTao did what his friend said and started to calm down. 

 

"Thanks Luhan." The said man gave ZiTao a smile and patted his back. YiXing lifted the box from the ground and put it in the trunk of the car. "He said that I was his everything." He whimpered out when he saw the house getting smaller and smaller.

 

"He lied and cheated on you with that ." YiXing said with venom in his voice. 

 

He hate YiFan's guts for a reason and what happened with his little brother and that blonde devil proved his point. YiFan didn't deserve ZiTao's love anymore. 

 

"Yi," The man hummed in response when he heard his brother say his name. "Can I stay with you and JunMyeon when you guys go to China?" YiXing let a small smile play on his face but hid it from his brother. 

 

"Of course you can. JunMyeon won't mind." ZiTao whispered a 'thanks' to his brother and wished that he had never met YiFan. 

 

As time went on, ZiTao moved to China with his brother and his new in-law. He knew that YiXing and JunMyeon's relationship would last and wished them the best. 

 

YiFan has forgotten about ZiTao due to the amount of work that he has had and the time that he was planning on building a new hospital on the outskirts of Korea, possibly China.

 

ZiTao found out that he didn't come to China alone and was almost two months pregnant. He was happy that he was pregnant but worried that if YiFan found out then he would try to take the child as his and keep him away from ZiTao. 

 

~*~

It had been almost six years since ZiTao had left YiFan and he couldn't have loved life. He had a wonderful job, working at a hospital and his hours played off well with his son, ZiFan. His son had ZiTao's eyes, including the dark circles, YiFan's nose and lips. 

 

Seeing his son, reminded him of what used to be but he remembered that he had to stay strong for his son and not show any weakness in front of ZiFan.

 

"Remember what mommy said," ZiTao started to lecture ZiFan because he didn't do his homework and watched television instead. "No television until homework is done." ZiFan gave his award winning pout but ZiTao shook his head and kissed his son's cute nose. "Do your homework then take a shower and get ready for dinner." The little boy nodded and ran up the stairs to his room. 

 

ZiTao shook his head, got up from the floor and went into the kitchen, cutting up vegetables for dinner until the phone rang. He picked it up and surprisingly it was his boss He told ZiTao that he had a new hospital opening in Korea and because ZiTao had lived in Korea, he wanted him to go. ZiTao was about to let the opportunity slide by but if that meant that him and his son could start a new life in Korea, then by all means he took the job.

 

When he hung up, he saw his son coming down the stairs with his hair still dripping of water, wearing his pajamas and holding onto his stuffed dragon. 

 

"ZiFan, guess what?" ZiTao said as he bent to his son's level. The little boy scrunched his nose and tried to think of what his mom had in store. 

 

"I don't know." He finally gave up and shrugged his tiny shoulders. 

 

"Mommy got a new job but it's in Korea and guess whose in Korea?" Again, ZiFan shrugged his shoulders. "Uncle YiXing and Uncle JunMyeon." ZiFan's face lit up at the mention of his two favorite uncles. 

 

"When are we leaving?" The little boy asked, already excited about getting to see his uncles. 

 

"In three days, so go start packing. I'll call you when dinners ready." ZiFan nodded and kissed his mom's nose before running up the stairs but tripping along the way because he tripped over his own two feet. 

 

ZiTao chuckled at his child's hyper activeness and went back into the kitchen to start dinner again. He chewed on his bottom lip as the memories came back and having to remember the reason why he left that country in the first place.


A/N:

I'll be updating every week or two, depending on my schedule :)

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3