Chapter Six

Something Left Behind

ZiTao held onto his son tightly after the news that the doctor gave them. He didn't want YiFan to be in ZiFan's life or anything to do with his son. He wanted ZiFan to not know his father but he knew that wouldn't last forever. 

 

YiFan, on the other hand, was probably the happiest that he has ever been since ZiTao left him. He finally found out that the secret boy was his son and that he could probably have another chance with ZiTao. 

 

He walked up to his ex husband and sat down next to him. ZiTao wanted to take his son away and run but he couldn't do that because there is proof that ZiFan is YiFan's son and YiFan would take legal action to take custody of ZiFan if ZiTao got up and left the hospital. He didn't want to lose his son, so that best thing that he could do right now was sit next to YiFan and let ZiFan talk to his father. 

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, JongIn and Kyungsoo felt the tense atmosphere and decided that they should take their leave. Baekhyun was the first one to leave with his son in his arms, Chanyeol following. Kyungsoo got up and shifted his sleeping son in his arms and also left the hospital but JongIn stayed behind and whispered something in YiFan's ear before he left.

 

"ZiTao," the said boy tensed at his name. He looked at YiFan, as he clutched to his son. "I know that you didn't plan to have me back in your life and I get that. I want to be part of ZiFan's life. I want to try again ZiTao."

 

ZiTao looked at his son, who was staring at YiFan with cold eyes. He wanted to start anew with YiFan but he was scared that the older was going to hurt him again but this time would be different because a child is involved. He looked at YiFan after running his fingers through ZiFan's black hair. 

 

"I want to start again YiFan, I really do," he stopped after feeling his son tense in his arms. "But if something happens then it won't only affect us but it would affect ZiFan so much. I'm scared that if that does happen again then ZiFan would get hurt." A few tears left ZiTao's eyes after he said that. ZiFan squirmed in his mom's lap before getting off and scooting towards YiFan. 

 

"Are you my daddy?" ZiFan asked as he was touching YiFan's face. He saw that the man had his lips and nose. 

 

YiFan smiled and picked his son up and brought him in his lap. "Yeah, I'm your daddy." ZiFan looked at his mom with sad eyes and a few tears left his eyes. 

 

"Will you and mommy get back together?" He asked as his voice broke and more tears left his eyes. "I mean, mommy always seems lonely and it's just me and-" 

 

"ZiFan sweetie," ZiTao started cutting his son off when he heard him say those words. He moved closer to YiFan and his son's cheek. "Daddy and I will try," he looked at YiFan, who had a smile on his face. "For you."

 

ZiFan nodded but the tears haven't stopped. "But you always seem so lonely and I don't like it." The little boy said before he sobbed. 

 

YiFan's eyes widened and he looked at ZiTao. ZiTao told him to bring the boy to his chest, pat his back and whisper in his ear 'everything will be okay.' YiFan nodded and did exactly what ZiTao told him to do. Eventually, ZiFan wrapped his arms around YiFan's neck and buried his face in the crook of the neck. 

 

"Thank you ZiTao." The man hummed in response and his son's hair. "ZiTao, do you want to come over later tonight?" 

 

"No!" Both adults looked at the little boy, who took his face out of YiFan's neck and pouted. "Mommy promised that he would help me with my homework tonight." The boy pouted, making YiFan chuckle because of how the pout reminded him of ZiTao. 

 

"Maybe, daddy would want to come over tonight?" ZiTao asked, making ZiFan look at the tall man and pouted. 

 

"Daddy can you come over?" ZiFan asked in a cute voice, including the pout. YiFan sighed and knew that there was no way that he could ever win. 

 

"Say about six?" ZiTao nodded and ZiFan jumped up and down, babbling to YiFan about what the house looks like. 

 

ZiTao saw the scene in front of him and smile. He was happy that ZiFan finally had a dad but he was so scared that YiFan would be taken away from him easily. He wanted ZiFan to be happy but at the same time, he doesn't feel comfortable with having YiFan near his son, not after that night that brought the divorce. 

 

~*~

 

Just like YiFan promised, he was there at six with his best outfit on. He wanted to impress not only his son but the man that he had lost six years ago. He wanted to make things right with ZiTao again and he was willing to do anything to do that. 

 

He knocked on the door and about a minute, the door opened, revealing his son, who had a smile on his face when he saw the man.

 

"Daddy!" ZiFan jumped up and down. YiFan smiled and picked his son up and walked in the house. He smelt his favorite, steak with potatoes. He walked in the kitchen and saw ZiTao cooking, with an apron on. "Mommy told me to get the door." ZiFan whispered and YiFan only nodded. 

 

He put the boy down and quietly crept into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around ZiTao, who jumped in surprise but slightly leaned into the touch when he realized that only one person would ever do that. He was still tense because he hasn't been touched by someone else in six years. Finally, he leaned into YiFan's chest and tears almost fell from his eyes when he remembered how he missed being held by the man. He missed everything about YiFan. 

 

"What are you cooking?" YiFan asked, kissing ZiTao's temple, making the boy blush. 

 

"Steak and potatoes. Don't think that flattery will win you back." ZiTao turned his head to met the blondes but got something in return that shocked him. 


A/N:

Evil author I am!!!!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3