NOTE FROM A CONCERNED AUTHOR

Something Left Behind

Hello, this is a friend of Taylor's. My name is Kyla, and I am here to address a serious issue regarding my dear friend.

As you all may know already, Taylor has received some flack for this story being, "Similar to Hooked On You." Even as far as saying, "I want to make sure I'm reading the illegal one."

Let me make one thing clear: This story in no way shape or form was to ever "copy" or "rip off" someone else's idea. True she may have taken artistic inspiration from a similar story, but this is a completely different plot and style.

Writers create stories every day that have similar genre, or theme, that most readers confuse with being copywrite infringement. When a reader accuses an author of copywrite infringement, or "stealing the story" from another author, simply because they think it's the exact same story, is wrong for doing so. 

Before you accuse someone of copywriter infringement or having written an "illegal" version of the story, be sure you have your facts straight. I, as an author, have suffered this as well and I do not wish for my friend to go through the same thing. 

If you have a problem with her story because you think she may have copied it from another author, go to her privately and ask. Do not put it in the public comments for EVERYONE to see. Its rude to do it publicly because it discourages other readers from subscribing and/or even wanting to read the story. 

And do not tell me that it doesn't matter, because it does. The first thing people look at when they see a new story is the discription, the foreword, and then the comments. If that's the comment they see first, do you think they're goning to read it? No.

Now, I've said my peace. thank you to the readers that have supported Taylor in this story, you are a great example for other readers. 

I bid you gooday. 

-Kyla