Chapter Twenty Eight

Something Left Behind

"Dr. Wu, how are you handling the situation with your ex in-laws?" One reporter asked, who was shoving his microphone in YiFan's face.YiFan didn't answer, all he did was grab ZiTao's hand and continue walking up the stairs to the court house.

 

YiFan knew that there were going to be reporters, not just because he was a well known doctor who's father owns five different hospitals, but because his ex in-laws work with the government and ZiTao's father is in charge of the legal system in Korea.

 

"Dr. Wu, do you know the chances of you and your spouse winning this case?" Another reporter asked, pushing YiFan to his limit. All he wanted to do was to go into the court house and win this case, so he can spend time with his family.

 

~

"Don't cry, ZiFan. It's going to be for a few days." YiFan tried to coax his eldest child but the boy continued to cry his heart out, even when Baekhyun was offering him some snacks or playing with Chanhyun.

 

ZiFan hiccuped a few more times before he looked at his dad and at the other adult that was present. "Only for a few days?" He asked as his bottom lip was puckered out, forming the perfect pout in YiFan's opinion.

 

Baekhyun grabbed the child from his father while Chanyeol took ZiFan's bag. Baekhyun kept on shushing the child when he felt his shoulder getting wet.

 

YiFan went to his son gave him a kiss one head before he whispered, "Only for a few days. I love you." He then left the apartment, trying his best to ignore the sounds of his son yelling for him to come back.

 

'It's the best for ZiFan.' He thought before he started his car and left for his home.

~

 

That was almost a three days ago that YiFan made that promise to his son. He has kept contact with him via phone and video chat but it didn't feel the same until he sees his son in person.

 

ZiTao has been taking it the worst. He would sometimes cry himself to sleep because he felt that ZiFan would hate them when they see him again, but YiFan always to reassure him that ZiFan would never hate them and that that this was the only thing to do to keep him protected from all the reporters.

 

YiFan's parts had offered to take care of the twins while they were in court and the couple were more than happy to have them look after Yin and Liu. They had also offered that they would let ZiFan live with them until everything cools down but YiFan told them that they would be reporters swarming around the house and that they would never suspect Baekhyun and Chanyeol's home.

 

"Ready?" Chanyeol asked them when they walked in. ZiTao and YiFan nodded and they walked into the court room.

 

ZiTao saw his parents and brother-in-law sitting on the left side of the room while they were sitting on the right room. His parents paid no attention to their youngest son. ZiTao thought that they were nervous because during the two days of their hearing, Chanyeol has been giving all the good that YiFan and ZiTao have given ZiFan while JunMyeon base it off the bad but there was little evidence of them mistreating their child.

 

"Today is the day we figure out." Chanyeol said, even ZiTao could hear the nervousness in his voice. "Would you want to put a restraining order against them if we do win?" ZiTao shook his head and looked at his lawyer, who had his mouth hung open while waiting for answer.

 

"I want them to see how ZiFan is around us, maybe if they see him around YiFan it would change their minds about him." Chanyeol could only nod his head and continued sorting out his papers.

 

YiFan grabbed ZiTao's hand and squeezed it, making his boyfriend look at him with worried eyes. "We'll win. I have a feeling." ZiTao smiled and kissed his boyfriend's lips.

 

The judge walked in and everybody stood up. He motioned them to sit down, before grabbing the papers in front of him and looking them over before having them stand up, yet again.

 

"I have looked over the files you both have presented." He stopped yet again and looked at them. "I have made my decision."


A/N:

I'm back!!!!

The next chapter is the last chapter, so be prepared!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3