Chapter Twenty

Something Left Behind

Doing a time skip to make the story progress faster. Sorry for the random time skip.


Fix months have passed since their last hospital and ZiTao doesn't have his little stomach that he normally did, it can take up the whole bed, or that's what YiFan says. 

 

What the doctor's saw in ZiFan's stomach was a burst appendix. What threw YiFan and ZiTao off guard was that ZiFan didn't tell them that he was in pain or anything, so it shocked them that it was a burst appendix. The doctors had to put him in surgery, just to make sure that they're was nothing else wrong in the boy's stomach.

 

The custody is a different story. His parents have kept on bothering him about when the time they should show up in court or if they're going to wait until the twins are born. ZiTao and YiFan had agreed that they would try and get married again after the twins are born. They wanted to be married again because they won't just think of themselves but a six year old and two on the way. It will also show the court that they were better than they were six years ago and they're ready to start a new.

 

He didn't know that ZiTao was such a drama king during his pregnancy but when he came home only thirty minutes late from work, he had to save his because ZiTao had a knife in his hand and 'claimed' he was still making dinner, but YiFan knew that his boyfriend was still afraid of him cheating even though he had told the pregnant male that he wasn't going to cheat on him no matter what. 

 

ZiTao was scared, to say the least, he didn't want YiFan to leave his life again. If the blonde did then it would be different, he wouldn't just leave ZiTao but also ZiFan and the twin's that have yet to be born. He tried his best not to be so control lived during his pregnancy but with twins, he was just so unexpected that he could snap at any time. 

 

One time, ZiFan asked him for help on his history homework, instead of telling his son that he would help him after he was done doing the laundry, he snapped at his son and told him that he was too busy for him. After he realized what he had done, he tried to get ZiFan to come out of his room but the toddler didn't come out of his room until YiFan came home and coaxed him out. 

 

ZiTao and YiFan had to sit their son down and tell him that it wasn't his mom's fault that he snapped at him. It's the babies inside of his mom that made him yell at ZiFan. The little boy understood and apologized to his mom for overreacting.

 

The last time they went to the hospital, which was two weeks ago, they found out they were expecting boys. ZiTao was upset that he couldn't have the girls that he wanted but his boyfriend and son were equally as happy with each other because ZiFan wanted little brothers and YiFan wanted sons. 

 

YiFan and ZiTao have gone back and forth about the names that their son's will have. YiFan wanted a Korean name for them but ZiTao wanted a Chinese name. ZiTao had obviously won, of course because who could resist the cuteness of ZiTao?

 

They decided to name their son's, Liu and Yin. YiFan came up with the name Yin while ZiTao came with the name Liu. Their first born will be Yin and the second will be Liu.

 

"Mama," ZiTao looked at ZiFan, who was holding onto his dragon and was staring blankly at the television. "When will daddy come home?"

 

YiFan had left for a buisness trip three days ago and won't be back for another four days. ZiFan has been asking this question since the day that he left and the pregnant male was starting to get irritated but didn't want to snap at his son because he didn't have YiFan to coax their son again.

 

What hurt ZiTao is that when YiFan came back in his life, ZiFan became a daddy's boy. He would always want his dad whenever he couldn't sleep or just to talk to. ZiTao thought that since YiFan would be gone, him and ZiFan would become closer again.

 

"In a few days sweetheart." ZiFan nodded and a few tears left his eyes. Because ZiTao couldn't put him on his lap, he ran his fingers through his son's hair and rubbed the toddler's back. "You miss him don't you?"

 

ZiFan nodded and picked at his dragon's eye. "He's gonna miss my birthday." ZiTao sighed and remembered that ZiFan's birthday was in two days and this was the first birthday that he has a dad.

 

"I'll call him tonight and see if he can come home early." ZiFan nodded and looked at his mom with sad eyes. "Go to bed. I'll be there in a few minutes after I call your father." The little boy stood up on the couch and gave his mom a kiss on the temple before getting off of the couch and going to his room.

 

ZiTao pulled out his phone and called the number that he knew by heart. The phone rang three times before he heard his boyfriend's lovely voice.

 

*Hey babe, what's up?

 

*Nothing, just miss you. ZiFan also misses you.

 

The deep chuckle of his boyfriend made him smile. He got up from the couch and walked to his son's room and saw that he had a book out and was reading it to his dragon. He walked in the room and put it on speaker, so that his son can hear his dad talk.

 

*I miss you two too. I want to come home and be with the two of you but this new hospital is a pain in the .

 

*Watch your language because I'm in the room with ZiFan and your on speaker.

 

He sat on the bed next to his son, watching a smile grow on ZiFan's face.

 

*How's my little baby doing?

 

*Good. I miss you.

 

*Miss you too.

 

*Are you going to be here for my birthday?

 

There was a long silence and it killed ZiTao seeing his son's face worry over this.

 

*Two days right? It's in two days?

 

*Yes.

 

*Baby, I don't think I can make it.

 

Tears started to fall from ZiFan's eyes. He his his face in his blanket and started to cry his heart out. ZiTao started to rub his son's back and tried to calm him down but the little six year old wouldn't calm down if his life depended on it.

 

*Take me off of speaker.

 

ZiTao did what his boyfriend told him to do and listened to the other's brilliant plan about their son's birthday. He told ZiTao to say good night for him and hung up. The pregnant male moved his son on his back and kissed the boy's forehead.

 

"Daddy says goodnight." ZiFan nodded and closed his eyes before a little yawn made it's way out.

 

"Night mommy, love you." ZiTao ran his fingers through his son's hair and left the room before heading to an empty bed yet again.


A/N:

Their coming back tomorrow!!!!!

Oh I can't wait so I decided to update this because I'm so freaking excited!!!!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3