Chapter Ten

Something Left Behind

"When can I see daddy?" ZiFan asked for the hundredth time that day. ZiTao kept on telling his son that he will see YiFan soon but the six year old kept on asking, hoping that his dad will walk through the door. "I want daddy." ZiFan complained, yet again.

 

ZiTao didn't know how to tell his son that they were fighting. He didn't want to tell his son that because ZiFan would start to cry and ask him to forgive YiFan, which would be hard for the mother because he didn't need to forgive YiFan. He had every right to be upset at the blonde.

 

ZiFan didn't understand why his mom wouldn't give his dad a chance again. He was happy when he heard that his mom and dad were going out for the day but now, he feels like everything is his fault because he was in the hospital.

 

ZiTao knew that his son was depressed but he was even more hurt. He felt like YiFan was using him just to get to ZiFan, which he didn't want to believe but now he's starting to believe everything that his mind was telling him in the beginning. YiFan was a person that couldn't be trusted. 

 

"Mommy, I want daddy," ZiTao sighed for the tenth time and looked at his son, who had a pout and batting his little eyelashes. 

 

"No ZiFan. He's not coming. Stop asking." ZiTao didn't want to be harsh on his son but when ZiFan would continually repeat the same question over and over again, he has to be stern and that's what pains him about being a mom. 

 

"Why? Why can't he come?" ZiFan crossed his arms over his chest and looked the other way. He hated his mom being mean, so he was giving him the cold shoulder. 

 

"Stop asking ZiFan. I'm sick of you asking the same question. Think before you talk next time." ZiFan uncrossed his arms, laid back down on the hospital bed and started to cry. Never has ZiTao made him feel horrible but now he's made him feel like the worst thing that ever walked the earth.

 

ZiTao rubbed his face and exhaled deeply. He didn't want to make his son cry but he was just so fed up with the same questions, that he just snapped slightly.

 

"ZiFan-"

 

"Don't talk to me. You're a mean mommy." Those words pierced ZiTao's heart so many time, that he felt like he died.

 

Without saying anything, ZiTao got up from the chair and left the room, leaving his upset six year old. He was upset that his son called him the worst mom. He felt like all those years of being together and being a friend to ZiFan but they all vanished when ZiFan said that.

 

He fished out his phone, went through the contacts and found his brother's phone number, hoping that he would come and calm him and ZiFan down. He heard the phone ring twice before he heard his brother's voice appear on the other line. 

 

*How's everything?

 

*C-Can you come to the hospital?

 

He asked, trying not to cry but tears were starting to fall and his voice was starting to crack.

 

*Why what happened?

 

*ZiFan is in the hospital and I need to go home.

 

After getting his brother to come to the hospital, he stayed waiting outside his son's door, waiting for hid older brother to come to the hospital. He just needed to get away from this place. The day was filled with drama that all he needed was his son to call him the 'worst mom' to set him off.

 

When he saw his brother, brother-in-law and nephew, he gave them a slight smile and told them that he had to get going because he was called in, which was a lie but he needed time to himself for awhile. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" JunMyeon asked but ZiTao shook his head and told them that he was going to be late for work. 

 

After he left the hospital, he looked at his phone and debated whether or not to call YiFan. The blonde gave him his number during their little outing. He put the phone to his ear and the phone rang for three times until he heard a confused voice.

 

*Why are you calling? Isn't it bad enough that I can't see my son now you want to talk to me?

 

*C-Can y-you just pick me up.

 

*Why what's wrong?

 

Immediately hearing the voice change, he started to cry harder.

 

*I'll tell you when you come.

 

He hung up the phone and waited for his ex lover. He didn't want to sound so weak but his son's words were still ringing through his head.

 

It hasn't been ten minutes and he saw YiFan's car pull up in the front. He walked, shakily, to the car and got in, trying his best to hold in his tears. He felt YiFan rubbed his knee and the tears that he was trying to hold in, came out. All the emotions of the day just hit him.

 

"What happened?" YiFan asked, concerned for the younger. 

 

ZiTao wiped his tears but a few were still leaving his eyes. "ZiFan said that I was a horrible mom." He squeaked before a stream of tears left his eyes. 

 

"He didn't mean it," YiFan told him, trying to comfort him. 

 

"He told me that because I wouldn't let him see you and now I feel like the worst mom."

 

All YiFan could do was rub ZiTao's knee and tell him that everything would be fine but ZiTao knew that it would never be fine. His son hates him and it killed him.


A/N:

ZiFan being mean to his mommy O.O

I know you guys hate me but hey, the baby needs his dad

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3