Chapter Eight

Something Left Behind

ZiTao woke up the next morning with a horrible pain in his lower back. He looked at the sleeping blonde next to him and a smile almost played on his face. He the bangs away from YiFan's eyes, watching the older stir in his sleep but not waking up. He retracted his hand away from YiFan's face and took in the facial features that he's forgotten about.

 

He still had that same frown on his face when he slept. He stills talks as if he was bored with every conversation that out would try to make with. The one thing that ZiTao wished that he could've taken away from YiFan was his pride. The man would has horrible pride and he doesn't like to say his faults, unless someone points it out for him and that was usually ZiTao.

 

He didn't know what made him submit to YiFan so easily last night. He just missed being loved like that and he missed someone else's presence besides ZiFan's. He just needed to older man to wake up and tell him what happened that one night, and maybe, just maybe, they could work it out and be a family, like they had always planned before they got married.

 

He got out of bed, hissing quietly as the pain in his back worsened. Picking up the clothes from last night, he went into the bathroom to wash himself off and get rid of the stench of before he woke his son up.

 

Turning on the shower on, he got in and started to clean himself off. The warm water that was bouncing off his skin helped the pain that was in his lower back. He scrubbed himself, also making sure he got rid of the dry .

 

He got out of the shower, threw on sweatpants and a black sleeveless shirt, he wrapped a towel over his shoulder and walked out of the bathroom. He saw YiFan still sleeping and shook his head. He remembered that he would have to go to YiFan's house early every morning just to wake him up because the older had a bad habit of sleeping in till noon.

 

Walking up to the bed, he bent down and started to shake YiFan's body gently, alerting the blonde that it was time to get up. He saw YiFan's eyes flutter open and his breathing hitched when he saw YiFan looking at him with those same brown eyes that would always greet him every morning during their marriage.

 

"What?" He asked in the groggy morning voice that had ZiTao almost melt. He sat up in the bed and rubbed his eyes, riding the sleepiness.

 

"I have to get ZiFan up and you have to go to work," ZiTao said as he moved the towel to his hair and started to dry his hair. "I was going to call in because I'm still sore." He heard YiFan chuckle and decided to ignore it. "Get out of the bed. I need to change the sheets and you need to take a shower, you smell like sweat." ZiTao crinkled his nose as he was describing that.

 

"What if I call in and let me take you out and have Baekhyun and Chanyeol come over with Chanhyun and let them watch ZiFan?" ZiTao threw the towel, making it in the hamper, and looked at YiFan trying to think of an answer for the question.

 

ZiTao shook his head and walked out of the room, going to ZiFan's room. He heard heavy footsteps running behind him. He stopped when he was in front of his son's door and saw that YiFan was in his boxers with no shirt on, revealing his delicious abs.

 

"Why don't you want to go out?" YiFan asked as he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"You just can't come into my life just after one day of finding out that you have a son and asking me out on a date. It takes more than that YiFan." He turned the knob of his son's door but was pulled away and brought up against the wall. He gulped a chunk of saliva and looked at his ex husband.

 

"We had last night ZiTao, isn't that enough to make you forgive me?" ZiTao looked away from him as tears were starting to well in his eyes. "I'm so sorry," he grabbed the younger's shoulder's and griped them with so much force that he could leave bruises on ZiTao is he wanted to.

 

"It doesn't matter how many times you apologize," he tried to get out of YiFan's grip but proved to be weaker than the older man.

 

"Let me prove to you that I was a ing idiot for leaving you and never coming back to find you." He let got of ZiTao's shoulders. "Please ZiTao. You know I never beg unless I really want something and right now I'm begging you to give me another chance."

 

ZiTao looked at YiFan and exhaled softly. "I guess." That's all he had to say as a smile came on YiFan's face, showing his gummy smile that ZiTao used to die when he saw it. "Let me wake up ZiFan and you can call Baekhyun and Chanyeol." YiFan nodded and went to go call his friends while ZiTao went into his son's room, to wake the sleeping boy.

 

When he walked in the room, he saw the six year old moving around in the bed, uncomfortably, sweating and whimpering. ZiTao went to ZiFan's side, felt his son's forehead and sighed when he felt a tiny fever. He picked ZiFan up and brought him to his bathroom so he can check his temperature.

 

"What's wrong with him?" YiFan asked when he saw ZiTao walking in with the boy and going into the bathroom.

 

"I need to check his temperature," ZiTao gave ZiFan to YiFan, rummaging through the drawers to find the thermometer.

 

He found the thermometer and looked at his son, that looked uncomfortable in YiFan's arms. He sighed and forced his son's mouth open, making the little boy wake up and whined when he felt the instrument in his mouth.

 

"Sweetie I need to check your temperature." ZiFan didn't argue with his mom and rested his head on YiFan's shoulder, as they waited for the beeping sound on the thermometer. "Did you call them?" ZiTao asked, trying to break the ungodly silence. He knew his son didn't have a high fever but still wanted to be safe than sorry.

 

"They said that they will come in twenty minutes. Are you sure you still want to go?" ZiFan's head perked up when he heard the question come out of his father's mouth. He looked at his mom for answers but the beeping grabbed the attention.

 

ZiTao took the thermometer out of ZiFan's mouth and smiled slightly when he saw the temperature. "It's 98.8, he's fine, it's nothing that they can't handle." YiFan nodded and kissed the top of ZiFan's forehead.

 

"Where are you going mommy?" ZiFan asked, still confused about everything.

 

"I'm going out with daddy. Do you remember Chanhyun?" ZiFan nodded and whinnied when YiFan moved him a little in his arms. "His mommy and daddy are coming and watching you for a while."

 

"How long will you be gone?"

 

"I don't know baby," ZiTao kissed his son's nose and told YiFan to take him to his room.

 

~*~

 

ZiTao wished he never agrees to go out with YiFan and leave his son home with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He was worried that they were going to do something that would hurt ZiFan. He's never left ZiFan alone before, so now he's extremely nervous.

 

YiFan made sure that ZiTao was comfortable during the time they were together. He took him to the restaurant that YiFan confessed his love to the younger, making ZiTao cry on the spot with his romantic love speech. He also took ZiTao to the botanical gardens, which he remembered that ZiTao always had a soft spot for such beautiful flowers.

 

As they were in the garden, YiFan kept on looking at ZiTao, who was in awe from the different color flowers. He smiled slightly when he remembered that ZiTao took him here for his birthday, making it a wonderful day and an exhilarating night.

 

He looked at his phone and saw that it was ten passed four. They've almost been gone for five hours but it felt shorter for him. He grabbed ZiTao's wrist and told him that it was time to go home because they had to go to work the next day. ZiTao was about to protest but a yawn came out of his mouth first, proving YiFan's point.

 

"This place is so beautiful," ZiTao said as they were leaving the gardens.

 

"It was your favorite." YiFan told him, having ZiTao glare at him.

 

"Is," ZiTao corrected him. "It still is my favorite."

 

YiFan was about to say something but his phone went off. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Chanyeol. He furrowed his eye brows, answered the call and almost got into an accident when he heard his friend's fearful tone.

 

*What's wrong Chanyeol?

 

*It's ZiFan!

 

*What about him?

 

YiFan tried to stay calm but he was having a hard time because it was his son.

 

*Baekhyun made lunch and about ten minutes after, he started to breath heavy and he was pale. We called an ambulance and by the time they got here he was barley breathing!

 

YiFan looked at ZiTao and mouthed to him, "What is ZiFan allergic too?" ZiTao's eyes widened. He grabbed YiFan's phone and screamed into the device.

 

*I-I'm so sorry ZiTao!

 

The sound of Baekhyun's voice breaking on the other end broke his heart.

 

*What did he have for lunch?

 

*Peanut butter jelly sandwich with milk. Is he allergic to peanut butter?

 

*Yes.

 

*ZiTao, I'm so sorry I didn't know!

 

ZiTao sighed and tried to hold back the tears that were threating to fall from his eyes.

 

*It's not your fault. You didn't know. We'll be there in thirty minutes.

 

He hung up the phone without giving Baekhyun a goodbye and gave the phone back to YiFan.

 

"ZiTao I-"

 

"Just go to the hospital." ZiTao cut him off and ignored YiFan for the rest of the ride.


A/N:

It feels le forever since I've updated this story >.<

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3