Chapter Eighteen

Something Left Behind

 

"Why are you still here?" ZiTao asked his family as he walked into his apartment.

 

He saw his nephew sleeping on the couch, his mom sitting next to him, including YiXing. JunMyeon and Mr. Zhang were standing next to each other with their arms crossed across their chest, with displeasing looks on their faces. YiXing stood up and walked to his brother but saw YiFan and glared at the blonde, who was also glaring at him. 

 

"I'll ask again, why are you guys still here?" ZiTao asked again, trying not to sound aggravated but all he wanted to do was go to sleep on his bed and snooze off into dream land. 

 

"Where's your son?" YiXing asked him, giving him a sympathetic look in his eyes. 

 

ZiTao furrowed his eyebrows and his mouth was partially parted. "Why?"

 

"No time for questions. Where is he?" Mrs. Zhang asked her youngest son, already sounding tired of everything. 

 

"He's at Baekhyun and Chanyeol's. May I ask why you want him?" YiFan asked the old woman, who was sending him a dirty look with her lips pursed and her eyes squinted. 

 

JunMyeon took a letter out of his pocket and gave it to YiFan. The blonde opened the letter, read it, then closed it and gave it to his boyfriend. ZiTao opened the letter and was appalled by the fact that his entire family would go to this extreme. The letter stated that Mr. and Mrs. Zhang want custody for ZiFan because he lives under conditions that is not healthy for a child. It also stated that JunMyeon was going to be his in-laws lawyer and that if ZiTao and YiFan fail to report to court then ZiFan would be taken away from them without their consent. 

 

ZiTao looked at his parents, brother and in-law with disappointment written all over his face. He folded the letter then ripped it, hearing his mother gasp and his father growl. He looked back at them with anger in his eyes and went besides YiFan, wrapping his arm around YiFan's. 

 

"You have no right to take him," YiFan looked at them with hate written all over his face.

 

Mrs. Zhang stood up and walked to her ex son-in-law, glaring at him as she walked up to him, stopping right in front of him. "Watch," she said before she left the house. Her husband followed her, glaring at the blonde before he walked out of the door.

 

YiXing picked up his son and shook his head when he saw ZiTao's head on YiFan's arm. JunMyeon wrapped his arm around his husband's waist before they were starting to exit the house but stopped when they heard ZiTao ask a question that killed them both on the inside. 

 

"What if it was you two that are in the position we are in? What if it was Zhuang who is in the position as ZiFan?" They didn't answer the question. All they did was walk out of the apartment and left it hanging in the air. 

 

After the door was closed, YiFan immediately went to the house phone and called his friends, hoping that they were still up. ZiTao followed him with tears running down his face. YiFan brought his lover in a hug and kissed his head until he heard Chanyeol's groggy voice through the phone. 

 

*Do you even know what time it is?

 

*Chanyeol, ZiTao's parents want custody of ZiFan. I want you to come over now. ZiTao will be going over there and spend the night there.

 

*Alright. Baek is still up because he's complaining about his stomach. I think it's just a virus because Chanhyun had it but it only lasted for an hour or two. 

 

*That's fine. I just need to disguise this with you.

 

*Okay, I'll be there in about twenty minutes. 

 

After he hung up the phone, he gave his keys to ZiTao and kissed his boyfriend's lips. ZiTao had tears welling in his eyes, leaving one by one as he thought about losing his baby. 

 

"Hey," the voice of his lover snapped him back to reality. "Chanyeol's a great lawyer. He deals with custody cases all the time. JunMyeon always does crime related cases. We'll be fine." ZiTao nodded and gave the blonde a hug. 

 

"Why can't they just let go of a grudge? It's  been six years." YiFan couldn't answer that question. All he did was wrap his arms around ZiTao's waist kiss his neck. 

 

~

 

When ZiTao got to the apartment that he was just at, thirty minutes ago, he noticed that ZiFan was awake and so was Chanhyun but there was another boy in the living room. ZiTao remembered that he saw the boy at the hospital but he can't remember who the boy belonged to. He walked into the kitchen and saw Baekhyun leaning against the counter with his forearms propping himself up and Kyungsoo rubbing his friend's back, trying to offer him some ginger ale. 

 

"ZiTao, can you help me? I have to check on Jongsoo because he has the same thing." Kyungsoo told him. The younger looked at his friend and saw the tiredness in his eyes. 

 

"Put Baek in his room and I'll get Jongsoo," Kyungsoo nodded and helped his friend into the bedroom while the pregnant male went into the living room. 

 

He saw his son and Chanhyun passed out on the floor with a blanket covering them. He looked at the couch and saw the little boy groaning and whimpering out for his mom or dad. He went to the front of the couch and brushed the bangs out of Jongsoo's face, making the boy look at him. ZiTao saw that his eyes were glassy and his face was pale. He felt for a fever and pouted when he felt one on the boy. 

 

"How long has your stomach been hurting?" ZiTao asked the boy in a gentle voice. 

 

Jongsoo looked at him then scrunched his face in pain. "It's n-not m-my stomach. I-It's m-my side." He panted out. 

 

ZiTao started to feel the boy's side but when he hit a certain area, Jongsoo screamed out bloody murder and tears poured down his face. He cursed under his breath, took out his phone and dialed for an ambulance. He yelled out for Kyungsoo, before he put the phone to his ear. 

 

"ZiTao, what's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked. He saw his son, sweating, panting and crying on the couch and rushed to the toddlers side. "What's wrong with him?"

 

"I think it's his appendix," he said after he put his phone away when the operator told him an ambulance was on their way. "An ambulance is on their way." Kyungsoo nodded and his son's hair, trying to comfort his son, who was starting to fall asleep but ZiTao told him that he couldn't. "What's wrong with Baek?"

 

"Stomach virus." That's all that Kyungsoo could say because he was worried about his only child. 

 

"Mommy, what's happening?" Jongsoo asked his mom, who was on the verge of tears. 

 

"You're going to the hospital baby," he tried to stay calm but was breaking down on the inside.

 

When the ambulance got there, they told Kyungsoo to follow them in a separate car. The shorter nodded and kissed his son's clammy forehead before watching him being dragged away on a gurney. Kyungsoo got his car keys and left after ZiTao told him that he will be at the hospital in about an hour. 

 

After Kyungsoo left, ZiTao went into Baekhyun's room and saw that the small male was sitting on the bed, messing with his wedding ring, while bitting his lip. ZiTao sat next to his friend and squeezed his knee. Baekhyun gave him a small smile but his eyes darted down to his wedding ring. 

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"Chanyeol told me that he wanted to get me a new wedding ring because this one is chipping," ZiTao looked at the gold band and saw the corners were cracked. "I told him that the only way he's going to get me a new one is if we re new our vows and knowing Chanyeol, he's going too." ZiTao could only laugh at that statement. 

 

"Do you want to come to the hospital with me, if you're feeling better?" Baekhyun nodded and told him that he was going to get a jacket and text Chanyeol. 

 

ZiTao went into the living room and picked up his son, put his shoes on and put his jacket back on. Baekhyun came out of his room and did the same thing with Chanhyun that ZiTao did with ZiFan but the little giant woke up and asked his mom where they were going but Baekhyun didn't answer because he didn't want to worry his son.

 

~

 

When they got to the hospital, ZiTao saw his boyfriend and gave him ZiFan, when his son saw his dad and stretched his arms out for him. He also saw Kyungsoo and JongIn, who was trying to comfort his husband. YiFan gave ZiTao a kiss on the temple and rubbed his boyfriend's back as they were walking to the seats.

 

"So ZiTao, from what YiFan has been telling me, your parents want custody?" Chanyeol asked, trying to figure out what's happening between his friends. Baekhyun looked at ZiTao with his mouth wide open while ZiFan looked at his mom and dad confused.

 

"Yeah but I do-" His sentence was cut off short when a couple came running into the emergency room with their child in the slightly taller males arms, who was barley breathing. 

 

The nurses called for a doctor while they looked at the boy. YiFan and ZiTao's eyes widened when they saw one male, that was strangely familiar to them. They both looked at each other and tried their best not to cause a scene. 

 

"He barley has a pulse!" The nurse yelled out. YiFan gave ZiFan to ZiTao and went over to the couple. "Dr. Wu, the boy," the nurse tried to make a sentence but all that came out was choppy words.

 

"Have you paged a doctor?" He asked her and she nodded. 

 

"He said that he was on his way,"

 

"Tell him that this is life or death and have him rush!" YiFan said as the boy's eyes started to close. "Put him on the floor." The male nodded and laid his son on the floor. 


YiFan tilted the boy's neck up and opened his mouth, trying to get the boy to have easier airway accesses. The male held onto his son's hand and his knuckles, telling the boy that he was here and nothing was going to happen to him. YiFan looked up at the other male and saw that he was covering his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt and bawling his eyes out. 

 

"What is he allergic to?" YiFan asked the two.

 

"We don't know. This is the first time that this has happened." The one holding the boy's hand told YiFan. The doctor pursed his lips and tried to calm the males down. 

 

The doctor came in with a gurney and an oxygen mask, quickly put it on the boy and went through the double doors. 

 

"I'm a horrible mom. I'm a horrible mom." The shorter chanted over and over again. He looked at YiFan and shook his head. He swore he remembered him but he remembered that his old friend moved to America.

 

"What are your names and your son's name?" YiFan asked the two, trying to gather information about the couple. 

 

"Our son's name is JongSeok. I'm JongDae and this is my husband MinSeok." The one named JongDae replied. YiFan nodded and told the nurse to write down their names. 

 

"My name is Wu YiFan and I will be your son's doctor. I will page this doctor and let him now that after tonight, I will be his doctor." Both males froze when they heard the name, including MinSeok. "Didn't think you would see me again?" He asked MinSeok and the other shook his head. 

 

YiFan left the couple and went back to his pregnant lover and son, who was sleeping on his mom's chest. ZiTao stared down MinSeok but YiFan told him to stop because of what they're going through. 

 

Chanyeol kept on asking questions about the custody issue but ZiTao could only look at MinSeok and saw how mentally destroyed he was. He looked like he was about to pull his hair out because of everything. ZiTao looked back at Chanyeol and tried to keep his mind away from the two people from the other side of the room.


A/N:

So I kind of threw in that Jongsoo had to go to the hospital...

The next chapter will be about what they saw in ZiFan's stomach and more about MinSeok and JongDae. 

I had to get those two in the story somehow because they will play a big role in the on coming chapters.

I should say that this story has about four more chapters because I will combine chapters, like I did with this one, so the story won't be so long. 

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3