Chapter Twelve

Something Left Behind

ZiFan laid on the hospital bed, his face puffy and the bloodshot eyes made it noticeable that he had been crying not that long ago. He wanted his dad. He didn't understand his mom's attitude earlier and felt bad that he meant what he said about him being a mean mommy.

 

His mom was always there for him. When they were in China, his mom did everything he could to make him happy but ZiFan would ask for more. The kids in his class have both parents but he was the only one with one parent. Every time he asked what happened to his father, his mom would brush him off and tell him that he would tell him about his father but never did.

 

He finally found his father but he was taken away from him just in a second. He wanted to be comforted by his mom but every time he was sick, his mom would always be the one he would hold on to. He wanted someone new to hold onto while he was sick or just needed to snuggle. He wasn't tired of his mom, it's because his dad was back and he wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

 

He didn't think that his mom would ever hate his dad but when his mom snapped at him in the hospital when they first moved to Korea then when his mom pushed his dad out of the room earlier that day, he knew that his mom would never love his dad.

 

ZiFan takes everything to the heart. He doesn't like it when people yell at him or when people take things that are valuable away from him. His dad a breath of fresh air for him. He wanted his dad. He needed his dad. But he wasn't here.

 

He didn't want to talk to his Uncle Yi or Uncle JunMyeon because they would just baby him and he hated that. He would only let his mom baby him in times like this. He wanted to play with his cousin but felt as if Zhuang would ask him questions that he didn't have answers to. He didn't like feeling weak in front of family members or friends of the family but what could he do? He was in a helpless state.

 

He turned his body over, to face the window. Zhuang was talking to his parents so he didn't have anything to do. He hugged his dragon close to his chest and a few tears left his eyes when he heard Zhuang laugh when his dad told him something or when YiXing would tell him that he loved him. He wanted a family like Zhuang but he didn't have one.

 

He sniffled before a waterfall of tears left his eyes. He didn't want to make any noises, so to prevent that, he bit his lip and muffled the sobs that were waiting to rip through is throat. He wanted his mom and here to comfort him, not his uncles.

 

He buried his face in his dragon when he remembered the look on his mom's face when he told him that he was a mean mommy. He wanted his mom here so he could apologize. He wanted his mom here so he could feel comforted.

 

"ZiFan," he heard his mom's voice but didn't want to look. He felt horrible for what he did. "Thanks for watching him YiXing." He heard his uncle's say goodbye then to door close.

 

"ZiFan are you alright?" This time it was his dad's voice. He turned his body and saw his mom and dad. YiFan walked to his son's bed and brought him in between his legs.

 

"You're not leaving mommy, are you?" ZiFan looked at his dad through his bloodshot eye, which broke YiFan's heart.

 

Waiting for the answer, ZiFan felt like no one was going to talk to him anymore. He got out from his father's legs and scooted closer to the edge of the bed, crossing his legs and putting his dragon them. He didn't hear any movement and knew that his mom didn't forgive his father. He scrunched his eyes shut tightly and a trail of tears were leaving his eyes.

 

"ZiFan, mommy forgave daddy." YiFan tried to explain to his son but the boy wasn't listening. ZiFan thought that he was just saying this because he was crying.

 

"No he didn't." He  heard his mom sigh then a dip besides him. He felt arms around him and knew it was his mom.

 

"Yes I did ZiFan." ZiTao retorted.

 

ZiFan looked at his mom and ZiTao wiped the tears from his son's precious eyes. "You did?"

 

"Yes, after I left, daddy took me back home and we talked." ZiFan looked at his dad with hopeful eyes and saw that the man nodded, confirming everything that ZiTao had said.

 

"Does that mean daddy is going to live with us?" Both parents chuckled at the boy but ZiFan was serious.

 

For six years his mom his been alone. He remembers seeing his mom cry before going to bed almost every night when  was four years old while clutching onto a picture. ZiFan saw the picture and saw that it was a wedding picture. He hated seeing his mom alone and upset. Hearing his parents laugh at his question made him cry.

 

"ZiFan, why are you crying?" ZiTao asked, immediately the laughs stopped when they saw their son cry.

 

"Mommy's been alone for six years. I was four and I saw mommy crying while holding onto a picture." ZiFan stopped and cleaned his face before starting back again. "In China, I was made fun of because I only had a mommy but no daddy. They made me feel bad and I would hate mommy for not having a daddy. I saw the picture and it was mommy on his wedding day. I didn't see the other person in the picture though. I guess mommy was sad because daddy left us. I want to have a daddy that will tuck me into be every night, pick me up from school and help me with my homework. I love it when mommy helps but I want daddy to help. I just want daddy to be in our lives."

 

After ZiFan's  little speech, he looked at hi mom and saw that he was crying along with his dad. He felt proud of himself because he finally spoke what's been on his mind but he was a bit upset when he saw his parents cry.

 

"ZiFan," his father started. YiFan scooted closer to his son, picked him up and brought him in his lap.

 

"You won't leave mommy right?" He didn't want to sound weak but how can he not?

 

YiFan kissed the top of his son's head. "I won't leave mommy. I'm living with you and mommy." He kissed his son's head again, this time ZiFan smiled.

 

His dad laid him down while his mom sat next to him, on the bed, and his bangs away from his eyes, making his eyes fall. After countless nights without a dad or even knowing of his existence, ZiFan was finally going to sleep knowing that his dad would never leave him.


A/N:

I felt like making it in ZiFan's POV was crucial because no one knew what was going on in his head.

Hope this clears things

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3