Chapter Twenty Five

Something Left Behind

"Okay, bye." Baekhyun hung up his phone and looked at Chanyeol, then slightly pouted when he heard Chanhyun and ZiFan talking to each other in the living room.

 

"What's the matter Baek?" Chanyeol asked his husband as he wrapped his arm around the older's waist and kissed Baekhyun's lips.

 

"YiFan said that he and ZiTao want ZiFan to come to the hospital because they want to introduce the twins to ZiFan." Chanyeol cocked his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows when he heard his husband tell him that.

 

ZiFan has stayed with them for two days and over the course of those two days, ZiFan has cried him self to sleep countless times, or he's cried because he feels unwanted and doesn't deserve to be with anyone. Chanhyun would try and tell him that he cares about ZiFan but the toddler would cry in Chanhyun's embrace until he couldn't cry anymore.

 

Chanyeol couldn't understand how ZiTao and YiFan could just call back two days later, nonchalantly, and say that they want ZiFan to come and see the twins. He would've thought that they were curious as to why they left the hospital with their son, but he guessed wrong and knew that the twins would be the first in their live's now.

 

"ZiFan," Baekhyun said as he walked in the living room and saw that the boy had his head on his son's lap, while Chanhyun was brushing ZiFan's bangs out of his face. He crouched down to the boy's level and his cheek. "Your mommy and daddy want you to see your brothers."

 

ZiFan picked his head up from Chanhyun's lap and nodded his head, too tired to argue with the adult plus he was taught never to question his elders. Baekhyun picked up the boy and got his car keys after giving Chanyeol a kiss on the lips and giving his son a kiss on the head.

 

The ride to the hospital was hell for Baekhyun because he kept looking at the boy in the backseat and saw that he was having a mental breakdown. He couldn't handle seeing ZiFan cry because it broke his heart and he loved the boy with all his heart. He didn't want anything else happening to the boy but he couldn't take ZiFan away from ZiTao and YiFan.

 

He and Chanyeol already had a conversation about this. They can't keep on taking ZiFan from his problems that he has to face on his own. Baekhyun told his husband that he couldn't bear to see ZiFan cry, that's why he wanted to take him home. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was raised not to run away from problems, that's how their raising Chanhyun, but he knew that he couldn't win a battle with Baekhyun in a million years.

 

When they got to the hospital, Baekhyun picked up ZiFan and held the boy close to him. He felt the stares from the nurses and questions underneath their breaths. They were wondering why the Dr. Wu and Dr. Huang's son was with a strange man but Baekhyun didn't care, he just wanted to give his friends their son back and leave the hospital before he yells at the nurses for annoying him.

 

He stood in front of the door and opened it, revealing ZiTao on the bed with a book in his hands while YiFan was holding one of the twins. Both parents looked up and a smile formed on ZiTao's lips when he saw his eldest child with his best friend. YiFan put the baby in the crib, next to his twin brother, and walked up to Baekhyun, taking ZiFan out of his arms.

 

"Thank you for watching him," YiFan told him before giving him to ZiTao. "How can we repay you?" Baekhyun looked at the boy, who stared at him with nervous filled eyes, begging him not to tell them.

 

Baekhyun sighed and started to walk backwards to the door. "You don't have to repay me, just talk to ZiFan." He said before he left the room leaving the confused parents.

 

ZiTao looked at ZiFan, who was looking at the bed sheets not wanting to give eye contact to his parents. "ZiFan," he didn't want to look at his mom but he would feel guilty if he made his mom cry. "What did Baekhyun mean by that?"

 

"When they were born, you and daddy paid more attention to them than me. I was trying to get your attention but you weren't paying attention to me. I started to cry then Baekhyun and Chanyeol took me to their house." ZiTao let out a heavy sigh while YiFan ran his fingers through his hair.

 

"ZiFan, we didn't mean to ignore you,"  YiFan was the first to speak up. "We were just too involved with the twins." ZiFan nodded and looked at the crib that held his two younger brothers.

 

"Do you want to meet them?" ZiTao asked his son, who nodded his head slowly.

 

YiFan went to the crib and picked up one that had ZiTao's eyes but YiFan's nose. He put that baby on the bed then picked up one that had YiFan's mouth and ZiTao's nose. When he put that one on the bed, he saw ZiFan crawl to them and started to the first one that was laid down on the bed first.

 

"That one is Yin," ZiTao pointed to the one to ZiFan, who stretched his arms out and let out a yawn. "He's the older one and the one that your touching is Liu." ZiFan nodded and continued Liu's head.


A/N:

Sorry that I cut this chapter short, I'm just so tired.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3