Chapter Five

Something Left Behind

 

Since that day, ZiTao has tried to switch his schedule so that he wouldn't have to work the same shifts as YiFan but God truly does hate him because he wasn't able to get his schedule changed and on top of that, he had to intern a few other surgeons with the blonde devil. 

 

YiFan had tried to make ZiTao talk about the child but he would get pushed away by his ex husband with him saying the same thing, "The child isn't yours. You have nothing to do with him." YiFan hated that sentence. He knew that was his child but ZiTao wouldn't admit, so the only way that YiFan was only able to justify that the child was his was a simple DNA test.

 

He knew that the younger wouldn't agree to that, so he went to his lawyer during his lunch break and had his lawyer, for him to write a Paternity Law letter to ZiTao. 

 

After lunch, he held the letter in his hand, with a smile, and walked saw where the younger of the two was. He went up to him and gave him the letter. 

 

ZiTao looked at it confused at first. He opened and his mouth hung open, while reading the letter. It states that YiFan wants to have a DNA test done on ZiFan and if ZiTao doesn't agree to it, then the child will be taken away from ZiTao and YiFan will have custody of the child. 

 

"You can't do this." ZiTao told his ex angrily but trying to keep his voice down. He saw YiFan smirk and lean against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. 

 

"Yes I can. Do you want your son to be taken away from you?" ZiTao looked back at the letter then back at YiFan. He chewed on his bottom lip and stuffed the piece of paper in his white lab coat. 

 

"When do you want it done?" ZiTao asked in an aggravated tone. 

 

"You have the day off tomorrow right?" He received a 'yes'. "Come tomorrow at lunch then we'll do it. See you then." He said tauntingly. ZiTao swallowed a lump of saliva and headed out of the hospital. 

 

During the drive back to his house, he couldn't stop thinking about the letter. He didn't want to make his son do a test, because the poor thing has a fear of needles and blood, but he didn't have a choice because if he didn't then ZiFan would be taken away from him and his child is his world to him. 

 

He hated the fact that YiFan went this far to prove that the child was his, give it that he only saw the kid last week, it still hurt ZiTao. As a mom, his first instinct is to tell his son that YiFan is his father but then another instinct kicks in telling him not to make his son to the test. 

 

He was so torn that it killed him. He didn't even know how to break it to his son. How would he be able to tell, his innocent, pure son that he has to do a DNA test because mommy's boss thinks that he's the father? It was eating him up inside that he couldn't even concentrate in the road. 

 

He pulled into his driveway and sighed heavily. He knew that he had to tell his son tonight because tomorrow is the day and he doesn't want to break it to his son in front of the hospital. 

 

Getting out of the car, he made his way inside his house, where he heard YiXing telling stories about how him and JunMyeon would get in trouble doing the stupidest things that they could think of. A smile formed on ZiTao's face when he heard of the story of when YiXing told ZiTao that he was getting married, the poor boy fainted and waisted the whole day unconscious. 

 

"And when he woke up, I told him again and he jumped all over the place wanting to help with the wedding." YiXing finished with a smile. Zhuang looked happy, hearing about how his parents got engaged but ZiFan looked not so happy. 

 

A frown was on his child's face and he knew that ZiFan wanted him to have a story like YiXing but he never got to hear one come out of his mom's mouth. ZiTao knew that ZiFan wanted a father figure. 

 

One night when ZiTao was still working, he overheard ZiFan talking to his dragon, asking it to bring a daddy into his life so that his mommy wouldn't be so lonely anymore and that he would get to have someone that he would get to call daddy because all the other kids in his class have both parents but not him, he only had a mother. 

 

"Hey Yi." ZiTao said calmly,like he had just got there. ZiFan turned to his mom and a heart warming smile was on his face. 

 

"Hey Zi." YiXing picked up Zhuang and got his son's backpack. "They all have their homework done but ZiFan needed help on his history homework, so I'm leaving that up to you so you can spend time with him." ZiTao nodded and thanked his brother for watching his son. 

 

After his brother left, ZiTao walked back in the living room and saw ZiFan looking at his dragon and a few tears falling from his precious little eyes. He picked up his son and put him in his lap. 

 

"What's wrong sweetheart?" ZiFan put his head on ZiTao's chest and a little more tears fell. 

 

"What happened to daddy?" His mom sighed and ZiTao ran his finger's through his son's hair. 

 

"Mommy doesn't want to talk about that now." ZiFan nodded and played with his mom's shirt. "YiXing said you needed help with your history homework?"

 

"Yeah, he said that you could help because you were smart in history." ZiTao chuckled and nodded. 

 

ZiFan got his history book out, along with his homework, and ZiTao sat next to his son. The whole time ZiTao was helping him, he couldn't help but see how similar YiFan and ZiFan were. They talked the same and had the same attitude. The only thing that ZiFan got from ZiTao was his brains. 

 

After the homework, ZiTao started to make dinner while ZiFan was in the living room, watching the television. His favorite show was on and there was no way that the little boy's attention was going to be taken off, not even by the doorbell. ZiTao chuckled, looking at his son, who was almost drooling over the show. 

 

He looked through the peep hole and pouted when he couldn't tell who the people at the door were. He opened it and his mouth dropped while his eyes widened. He couldn't believe that these people had found him. He remembers that they were all friends because their lovers played basketball together but when ZiTao and YiFan got the divorce, the two hated him along with their boyfriends. 

 

"Oh my God." One with brown hair, that almost represented a dog, who was with a tall giant. Another had owl like eyes with a tan male. 

 

"Huang ZiTao," the one with owl eyes said in disbelief. "Is that really you?" Too stunned to answer, he just nodded. "Just when YiFan was finally getting over you, you come back and work at the same hospital as him."

 

ZiTao was about to say something but then saw two little kids at the two petite men's sides. He saw that one was holding onto the puppy like one's pants leg while the other was holding onto the tan male's hand. 

 

"Mommy!" ZiTao was about to close the door and make ZiFan go back but it was too late, the four already saw the little boy. 

 

"Wow, you had a child. Chanyeol, what kind of person does that? Take a child away from his father." The puppy like one said.

 

"Leave. I'll call the cops. Baekhyun, JongIn, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Leave now." ZiTao said in a threating tone. 

 

Baekhyun shook his head and picked up his son, when the boy was tugging on the pants. "YiFan wanted us to tell you not to forget about tomorrow." He looked at the child the was behind ZiTao and smiled. "He also said, don't forget the little one."

 

"Mommy, what is he talking about?" ZiFan asked, a little scared that this strange man is talking to his mom like he's done something wrong. 

 

JongIn bent down to ZiFan's level and smiled at the boy. "Your mommy's boss-"

 

"JongIn don't." ZiTao begged but the man didn't listen to him. 

 

"Your mommy's boss is probably your daddy, and your 'daddy' wants you to take a DNA test." ZiTao chewed on his bottom lip and prayed that ZiFan wouldn't ask what that was. 

 

"What's a DNA test?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. ZiTao picked him up and was about to tell him that it's nothing but Chanyeol beat him. 

 

"It's when they put a needle in your arm and draw out blood to see if your YiFan's son." He ended with a smile when he saw ZiTao's face twist in agony. 

 

ZiFan's face paled when he heard 'needle' and 'blood' all in the same sentence. He squirmed out of ZiTao's arms and ran back inside, slamming his bedroom door. ZiTao looked at his once called friends and now enemies and gave them a glare. 

 

"I hope you're ing happy." ZiTao said with venom in his voice. 

 

"Baekhyun shrugged and shifted his son in his arms. "We will be once the tests come back positive. It'll be a shame if it isn't YiFan's son. Then he'll know that you're a ." After he said that, he turned his back and left, along with his husband, Kyungsoo and JongIn and their son. 

 

ZiTao slammed the door and rushed to his son's room. He knocked on the door but didn't get a response. He opened the door quietly and saw ZiFan looking through his story book. His favorite story was Peter Pan because he never wanted to grow up, wanting to stay a little kid forever.

 

"Sweetie, are you okay?" ZiTao sat on the bed and wrapped his arm around his son. 

 

ZiFan shook his head and a few tears left his eyes. "I don't want a needle in my arm mommy."

 

"Baby," ZiTao brought the little boy in between his legs and rubbed his back. "It was either this or mommy's boss takes you away from me."

 

"I don't want to be taken away from you."

 

"Then we have to do the DNA test, don't we?" ZiFan, reluctantly, nodded his head and wanted to go to bed without dinner. ZiTao couldn't blame his son because he himself lost his appetite.

 

He tucked his son in, read him Peter Pan, and kissed the boy on the forehead when he heard a little snore. He got ready for bed and hoped in their, hoping that tomorrow won't be as painful for his son. 

 

~*~

 

It was already twelve in the afternoon and ZiTao and ZiFan were on their way to the hospital. ZiFan held onto his dragon like his life depended on it while ZiTao was hoping that his so called friends wouldn't be there. 

 

Once they reached the hospital, ZiTao got ZiFan out of the car and he could already feel how tense his son was. He cursed at himself for not being strong enough to fight YiFan. 

 

When they got inside the hospital, ZiTao went to the laboratory and already felt his shirt getting wet. He rubbed his son's back, hoping that it would calm him down but ZiFan cried even harder but he was trying not to make any noises. When they got off the elevator, ZiTao saw the five people he despises the most. 

 

He looked at YiFan and saw that the blonde looked left out because the other four had a family and they were happily married while he was divorced and now fighting his ex husband to see if the child is his. ZiFan his his face in his dragon, so that no one would see him cry. 

 

"Chanhyun stop making Jongsoo scared." Baekhyun scolded his child for scaring the poor little owl boy. 

 

YiFan looked up from his phone and a smirk formed on his face when he saw ZiTao with the boy. Baekhyun was about to stand up but Chanyeol held him down and got up instead. JongIn and Kyungsoo stayed sitting down with their child on Kyungsoo's lap. 

 

"Looks like you finally showed up." YiFan said as he walked to the two but ZiTao took a step back. 

 

"This is too much, YiFan," ZiTao started. "You don't care if you're hurting him, you only care if he's yours."

 

"What do you mean if I'm hurting him?"

 

"He hates needles and he has a horrible phobia of blood."ZiTao felt his son shaking and sighed, looking up at the ceiling, wanting to cry for his son. 

 

The doctor came and took ZiFan from ZiTao. ZiFan felt the extra hand trying to grab him but tightened his grip on his mom's neck. ZiTao tried to tell his son that he'll be in there but ZiFan wasn't listening, he didn't want to be away from his mom. 

 

"Sweetie, it'll be fine." ZiTao tried to get his son off of him but he remembered the ZiFan had an excellent grip on anything that he doesn't want to let go. 

 

"No! Mommy!" ZiFan cried his heart out. The doctor sighed and rubbed his temples. 

 

"Mr. Huang, do you want to sedate your son?" The doctor asked, giving up on trying to pry the kid off of his mom. ZiTao bit his lip but nodded. He didn't want to do it but he knew that if ZiFan wouldn't let go of him, they would spend at least the whole night at the hospital. 


The doctor nodded and paged a nurse for the needle and the medicine. Once he got it he rolled the back of ZiFan's shirt and pricked his upper arm. ZiFan screamed bloody murder when he felt the meddle in his skin. After the doctor took the needle out of the boy's arm, ZiTao patted his son's back and sung him a little song. 

 

YiFan was impressed with how ZiTao handled the situation and wondered if he would've just fought hard during the divorce then they would still be together with their son and the wouldn't have to do this whole thing. 

 

Once ZiTao heard a little snore from his son, he gave his son to the doctor and saw the doctor go to the room with his son. He turned to YiFan and glared at the older. 

 

"My son is ing sedated because of you." He snarled at him. YiFan held his arms up in defense. 

 

"You wouldn't tell me if he was my son or not, so this was the only option." ZiTao sighed and slumped in one of the chairs. 

 

Baekhyun felt bad for his once friend because he thought if this had happened to him and Chanyeol, he would be in ZiTao's shoes and keeping his son away from Chanyeol. He scooted next to ZiTao and rubbed his back. 

 

Tears started to fall from ZiTao's eyes when he felt the hand on his back and hoped that it was YiFan but when he looked out in the corner of his eye, he saw that it was Baekhyun. 

 

"It's okay." Baekhyun whispered. ZiTao nodded and wiped away his tears that were falling from his eyes. 

 

They heard a door open and the doctor walked out with a sleeping ZiFan in his arms. He gave the boy back to ZiTao and ran his fingers through his hair. 

 

"We'll know the results in thirty minutes." They thanked the doctor and he left. 

 

"What will you do if they child is yours, YiFan?" Chanyeol asked, with Chanhyun in his lap, ready to fall asleep.

 

YiFan looked at ZiTao and bit the inside of his cheek. "I'll do anything to be in his life, including yours, ZiTao." ZiTao sighed, not believing what the older was saying but he doesn't know why he feels like YiFan is speaking from his heart. 

 

Thirty minutes have passed and ZiFan was awake, playing with Chanhyun while Jongsoo was sitting in Kyungsoo's lap while his mom rubbed his back. The doctor came back with a paper in his hand. He looked at YiFan then at ZiTao and ZiFan.

 

"Well Mr. Wu, the test results came back and it shows that 99.95% of ZiFan's DNA is yours, you are the father." YiFan smiled in victory while ZiTao looked unpleased. 


A/N:

Holy crap! 2790 words!

This chapter along with 6 was combined, so that's why its so long

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3