Chapter Thirteen

Something Left Behind

After watching his son's precious eyes close and him falling into a deep sleep, ZiTao turned to YiFan, who was watching ZiFan sleeping on the hospital bed.  ZiTao cleared his throat, making the blonde in the room turn to him and give him a slight smile before turning his gaze to the toddler on the bed.

 

The younger rolled his eyes and gave a silent sigh before clearing his throat, yet again, forcing the blonde to look at him and give him a sarcastic smile. YiFan moved on the bed and gave ZiTao a kiss on his temple before rubbing his son's arm.

 

"I'm glad to be in his life," YiFan started to break the silence, watching his son stir in his sleep, moving on his side and bringing the blankets closer to his face. "And yours." He said as he looked at ZiTao and kissed his head.

 

ZiTao shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Your not living with us." YiFan was taken back by what his ex lover said. He at least expected ZiTao to start letting him back in his life, meaning living with him to start to become a family, but nothing was turning into his favor. He looked at ZiTao with a glare but the other wasn't paying attention because he was focusing to much on his son.

 

"Why can't I live with you?" He asked with hate in his voice but ZiTao didn't catch that. He just ignored YiFan and kept on sweeping ZiFan's bangs. "What more can I make it up to you ZiTao? I proved that I didn't cheat six years ago! What more?!" YiFan yelled at the younger, making him flinch and close his eyes shut, praying that ZiFan wouldn't wake up.

 

"Shut up, you're going to wake him up." ZiTao said harshly to him while he kept his gaze on his son. "It's not the proper place nor time to be discussing it. We can discuss it when ZiFan is out of the hospital." He snarled out.

 

YiFan's jaw clenched. He hated having to wait for an answer, especially when it deals with is own flesh and blood. He gave a heavy sigh, grabbed ZiTao by his upper arm and was going to drag him out of the room but ZiTao dug his heels on the floor and stiffened his body so that YiFan wouldn't move him.

 

"If you don't want to talk about it in front of him then come out side." YiFan tried to explain, not letting his anger get the best of him.

 

ZiTao shook his head and got out of YiFan's grip. "I really don't want to talk about it. We can discuss this at work tomorrow but not today." They were so caught up in each other that they didn't notice that the little boy was watching, listening, to the conversation.

 

"I want to talk not ZiTao! He's my son and we have proof! If you want let me be in his life then I will take legal actions!" ZiFan sat up in his bed but still, the adults didn't here the sheets rustle.

 

"You can't do that!" ZiTao retorted. "The court will ask who will he want to live with and that won't be fair for him!" Tears were forming in the boy's eyes as he was watching his parents fight, yet again. They were so happy when he fell asleep but now they're fighting again.

 

"Yes I can ZiTao and you can't stop it." The older said with a cold voice that it sent shivers down ZiTao's spine. "I will do anything to be in his life and to get back into yours."

 

ZiFan's tears started to fall faster. He wanted to say something but he was scared that his mom or dad would yell at him because their anger got the best of them. He bit his lip and sniffled quietly. "Mommy, why are you and daddy fighting?" ZiTao stopped at what he was about to say and his heels and faced his crying son.

 

"We're not fighting. We're just having a disagreement." ZiFan knew it all. He knew it was a petty lie.

 

"You're lying! You always fight and it's not fair!" This time, the boy's face was full of tears and he was hiccuping but he continued to talk. "Why can't we just be a happy family like my friends?"

 

ZiTao couldn't believe what his son was saying. Only at being six, he would've thought that his son would care more about his stupid cartoon show with the sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea instead of his parents arguing about how they were going to become a family. With a heavy sigh, he ran his fingers through is hair and sat back down on his son's bed, along with YiFan.

 

"Why are you two always fighting?" ZiTao wiped a few tears from his son's face and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Can you at least tell me why?"

 

"It's just that mommy and daddy are confused right now." ZiTao tried to explain.

 

"How?"

 

"It's about you." YiFan said, making it easier for ZiTao and ZiFan.

 

"It's always about me!" He screamed out, accidentally kicking his mom in the side, making ZiTao give a silent scream while holding onto his side. "Why can't it be different?!" ZiTao tried to say something but tears were forming in his eyes as the pain in his side got worse.

 

YiFan saw his ex in pain and told his son that he will be back shortly. He paged a nurse to look after the child and took ZiTao out of the room and take him to the examination room. ZiTao felt weak, legs like jello, so YiFan picked him up and ran to the examination room, where he had the doctors take a look at what was wrong with ZiTao.

 

He couldn't have anything wrong happening with ZiTao. He wanted to start a new life with him, with their son. He wanted to be everything to the two but if that means that ZiTao could be injured in the process then he would visit frequently instead of taking it to court.

 

Thirty minutes later, the doctor came out with a smile on his face and threw his arm around YiFan's neck, because they were close friends and he could be touchy with his friend for almost eleven years.

 

"What's up with him Minho?" YiFan asked, wanting to be serious about the situation.

 

"Congratulations! He's pregnant!" YiFan's face paled and his eyebrow twitched in confusion. "If only I can knock up Taemin. That would be wonderful." Minho murmured as he walked away leaving YiFan frozen in his spot.


A/N:

Surprise! Not really...

Bad update because I'm suffering from allergies and they're worse this year than they were last year >.<

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3