Chapter Nine

Something Left Behind

For ZiTao, the ride to the hospital was horrible. He wanted YiFan to drive faster, so he can see if his son is fine, but he felt as if YiFan was going as slow as he could just so that he could spend time with him. He was about to throw YiFan out of the moving car and take over the wheel himself, going to speed to the hospital.

 

YiFan was trying to get to the hospital as fast as he could but he was behind slow drivers, that he was about to drive over the car just to get to the hospital. He thought that ZiTao was over reacting just because ZiFan was in the hospital and thought that it was going to blow over when he sees that their son is doing fine.

 

He tried to make a conversation with the younger male but always got shut out because ZiTao would turn his body towards the window and tell him that he wasn't ready to hear him talk. It pained him that ZiTao wouldn't talk to him and try to at least take his mind away from the little boy that was in the hospital.

 

When they got to the hospital, ZiTao ran out of the car, straight towards the twenty story building. He ran to the wing that the nurse told him where ZiFan was and kept on tapping his foot on the marble floor, as he looked at the electronic screen that kept on dinging at certain floors.

 

When the elevator go to the floor, he ran to the direction of the room, only to be stopped by the doctor, who came out of his son's room with a reassuring look on his face.

 

"He's fine, just a severe allergic reaction to peanuts. I want to keep him in the hospital because he still can't breath on his own, he still has breathing plugs in his nose. He'll be able to leave in about two days." ZiTao nodded, trying to take in what the doctor told him.

 

"Is he awake?" The doctor nodded and told him that he could see ZiFan.

 

When he walked in the room, he saw his son playing with his dragon while Chanhyun was playing with his phoenix. Chanyeol was comforting his husband, because he was still in a state of shock by what just happened to the toddler.

 

ZiTao made his presence known by knocking on the pale looking walls, ZiFan smiled but started to cough violently, making ZiTao frown. Baekhyun kept on apologizing to the younger but ZiTao told him that he wasn't mad.

 

"I think it's time for us to go. Bye ZiTao, bye ZiFan." Chanyeol picked up his son and grabbed Baekhyun by his wrist and dragged him out of the room.

 

When it was the two of them alone, ZiFan was still infatuated with is dragon, not caring about his  worried mom in the room. ZiTao sat next to his son, having ZiFan look at him and giving him his dragon.

 

"Baby," ZiTao took the dragon and put it on the chair. "Why didn't you tell Baekhyun that you were allergic?"

 

ZiFan shrugged his shoulders and a few teas left his eyes. "I didn't think about it and I couldn't taste the peanut butter." He looked at his mom with sad eyes. "I'm sorry mommy." ZiTao shook his head and told his son that he wasn't mad.

 

A few minutes later, the door opened, revealing YiFan coming in with a calm demeanor as he came in the room. He was about to walk towards the bed but ZiTao stopped him and pushed him to the door.

 

"Leave, just leave." He said in a threating tone. He didn't need to deal with YiFan right now.

 

"He's my son, I have a right to be here."

 

ZiTao pushed him out of the room when he was getting closer to the bed. YiFan looked at him as if he was crazy but ZiTao didn't need to hear any thing that came out of YiFan's mouth that day.

 

"I'm serious, just leave now. I'll deal with you when I go back to work." YiFan was about to retort but ZiTao closed the door, making the tall male spin on his heels and leave the hospital with questions about his son's health.

 

ZiTao gave ZiFan his dragon back and he sat in the chair next to the bed. ZiFan didn't want the dragon anymore because he was curious why his mom wouldn't let his dad come in the room and let him say a simple hello.

 

"What happened to daddy?" His six year old asked. ZiTao shook his head and told him not to worry about anything that happened between them.


A/N:

Nothing special, just a little filler.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3