Chapter Fifteen

Something Left Behind

ZiTao didn't mind. He didn't mind at all. He didn't mind that YiFan almost burned down his kitchen, get ZiFan to school late almost everyday, not doing his own laundry, and not cleaning after himself. He didn't mind because he was just used to that YiFan.

 

He was like that while they were dating and during their marriage. YiFan was a slob while ZiTao was a neat freak and everything had to be in a certain place in a certain area, or else he will go crazy. 

 

ZiTao did expect YiFan to help around the apartment because he was expecting twins, which still hasn't sunk in YiFan that he can have a chance at being a father again. 

 

ZiFan has been discharged from the hospital for two weeks but still has to go in for a check up every few days because the doctor found out that ZiFan had something wrong but couldn't see what, so he told YiFan and ZiTao that he needed to run some tests on the boy before they can find out what's wrong with him.

 

"Mommy!" ZiTao groaned when he heard his son scream for him. He's been having nightmares about YiFan leaving them again and ZiTao having to take care of them by himself. He looked at the clock on his night stand and saw that it was two in the morning. "Mommy!" He heard his son's voice cracking and knew this wasn't a normal nightmare. "Daddy!" He heard YiFan groan and chuckled to himself. 

 

"Get up and see what's wrong with him." ZiTao said before kicking the giant in his legs. 

 

"Mommy! It hurts!" This time, he knew his son was crying.

 

He and YiFan got out of bed and ran into ZiFan's room and saw the boy holding his head, on the floor and crying his heart out. YiFan picked up ZiFan but the boy screamed in pain when the pounding in his head got worse.

 

"What's wrong?" YiFan asked as he got out of the room and went into the bathroom, putting ZiFan on the counter and tried to examine his son's head without hurting the boy. 

 

"I woke u-up and i-it just hurts!" ZiTao looked at his son's eyes and saw that his pupils weren't dilated. 

 

"YiFan, he's pupils," he tapped the blonde's shoulder, catching his attention and looking at the boy's eyes. "What's wrong?"

 

"I'll call Minho and have him come and confirm but I think he may have a minor concussion." He took a wash cloth, from the cabinets, put it under cool water before putting it on the spot where ZiFan was holding. 

 

"Alright, I'll try to keep him awake." YiFan nodded and gave the clothe to ZiTao. 

 

The pregnant male took the clothe, picked up his son and brought him to the living room. He put ZiFan in his lap and held the clothe back on the spot before kissing his son's temple and rubbing his back. 

 

He heard YiFan's conversation on the phone with the other doctor and was thrilled that Minho can come but didn't want the other to come to the house this late at night because he was still tired, along with ZiFan, and wanted to go back to bed. 

 

"Minho is on his way," YiFan informed the two as he sat next to ZiTao and looked at his son with sad eyes. "Does it still hurt?" The little boy shrugged his shoulders and shifted on his mom's lap. 

 

"Just a little." YiFan sighed and put his hand on ZiFan's, his son's hand with his thumb. 

 

"Do you know why Minho is coming?" ZiTao asked his son. 

 

"Because he's a doctor?" YiFan bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from laughing at his son's smart mouth while ZiTao pursed his lips and had to hold his tongue from yelling at the smart comment. 

 

"Yes and because daddy and I think that you may have a concussion."

 

"What's that?"

 

"It's just a bad headache." ZiFan tried to nod but hissed at the sting. "Try not to move your head sweetie." ZiFan sighed but said a simple, 'okay' before looking at his dad and sticking his tongue out. YiFan did the same action, making the child chuckle. 

 

Thirty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. YiFan got up from the couch, opened it and saw that it was Minho, holding onto a bag and coming in with a small smile on his face. 

 

"Alright ZiFan, did you hit your head before you got out of bed and fell into a deep sleep?" Minho tried to ask the child but ZiFan shrugged his shoulders. "Alright, I'm going to check your pupils with a bright light."

 

"Wait," ZiFan told the doctor before he could continue with the light. "Can I have daddy hold me instead?" ZiTao nodded and gave ZiFan to YiFan, standing to the side and watching the blonde keep ZiFan calm during the whole check up. 

 

"He has a minor concussion, not that bad. I want him to stay out of school for two days, I'll write him a note." He scribbled down on a piece of paper, the note stating why the boy isn't going to be in school. "Jonghyun, found something in ZiFan's stomach. He doesn't know what it is, so he wants him to come so he can doo an ultra sound." 

 

"When do you want us to come?" ZiTao asked the doctor. 

 

"In a week. I want him to rest first. Have a good night." He was about to walk out of the house but remembered he had to tell them something. "Don't forget to-"

 

"Wake him up every two hours." The two finished for him. Minho chuckled and left the house. 

 

"Don't be mad at us when we have to wake you every two hours baby." ZiTao patted ZiFan's back. 

 

"Why?"

 

"To make sure that you won't go into a coma." The boy nodded and felt his eye lids become heavy and closed when his dad started to rub his son's back . 

 

"ZiTao," the pregnant male hummed. "Could we become one again."

 

ZiTao smiled and sat on the couch. "We are one. You, ZiFan, the twins and I." YiFan shook his head and gave a short sigh. 

 

"I meant, could we, you and I, start over again?" ZiTao's breathing hitched and he pursed his lips. 

 

"YiFan," he took YiFan's hand and squeezed it. "Look at me." The giant looked at him. "Yes. I want to start over because I don't want ZiFan to live in a home full of hate and the twins coming into this world with their parents fighting." YiFan smiled and kissed ZiTao's lips.


A/N:

The poor baby dragon! 

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3